Mini dodges for Vanguard class

• I think this was discussed before so this might be a repost.

I would like to see mini sidestepping dodges for vanguard or even for knight.

In the movies, when you sword fight, you can tactically sidestep to dodge stabs or certain blows. Id like to see this in chivalry. Kind of like how some fighting games have sidestep dashes.

I know right now you can suddenly change the direction of your movement and pull this off. Ive pulled it off many times and it was also done to me by other pros many times, but having it properly implemented would be fun and add more depth to the game without sacrifing anything.

• Knights don’t have enough of an advantage? Maybe this for vanguards, but for a lot of stamina.

• Dodging should only be exclusive to MaA.

• @Matti:

Dodging should only be exclusive to MaA.

I agree with Matti. Every class has his own unique ability/perk, giving the vanguard or even the knight a simular(perhaps nerf’d equivilant) of the MaA ability, diminishes it’s value. Plus, both heavy classes already have unique abilities.

• @SharpshotSid:

@Matti:

Dodging should only be exclusive to MaA.

I agree with Matti. Every class has his own unique ability/perk, giving the vanguard or even the knight a simular(perhaps nerf’d equivilant) of the MaA ability, diminishes it’s value. Plus, both heavy classes already have unique abilities.

I wasnt thinking of it as smaller version of current dash. I was thinking more like turning your body away with one pivot foot.

• Dodge and Heater shields threads…
    4vanguards.

• @boomandvibe:

I wasnt thinking of it as smaller version of current dash. I was thinking more like turning your body away with one pivot foot.

I don’t see how significant enough of a dodge that would be to dodge an attack, concidering you can still alter the direction of your swing.

If it’s such a mininal dodge, you might as well just leave it to footwork

• WASDWDASADWSADWSAFWSASADWADADWSAWADWASD

That’s how you dodge. Its already implemented.

• I would certainly have uses for dodges as a vanguard. But not small dodges :D But if you allow vanguard to dodge a little, I see no rerason why you would not allow the same to an archer…

• No, each class has its own special ability. Morphing it into one would make that class horribly OP.

• I think Vanguard’s charge attack doesn’t bring him unique class advantage.

I am fine with trading charge attack with mini dodge or something else unique and yet useful when I fight something face to face… the charge attack just,… awful.

• Pressing the dodge key as a vanguard should make you hold your weapon above your head and start spinning it like a helicopter so you can hover over the battlefield.

• Dodging should only be exclusive to MaA.