Parrying IS bugged

• These 3 pictures have something in common.
    [image:3551vcsh]http://imageshack.us/a/img441/518/14631699.jpg[/image:3551vcsh]
    [image:3551vcsh]http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6629/92671855.jpg[/image:3551vcsh]
    [image:3551vcsh]http://imageshack.us/a/img51/5553/44594923.jpg[/image:3551vcsh]
    Yeah, the parry failed and I died because of that.

Here the slowed down video footage:
    AmlUIyZlvdU

I don’t know for sure but I think this did not happen before the patch.

Is this polearms only or anybody else noticing this?

Ps: I just noticed that 0:22 is another example of the idle flinch still not working as intended. Or my hit didn’t connect which also seems to be happen when it should not.

• No you have to aim your blocks better now. They aren’t bugged. You can’t just click it and expect it to block everything.

• @lemonater47:

No you have to aim your blocks better now. They aren’t bugged. You can’t just click it and expect it to block everything.

Do me a favor and look at my blocking at 0:26 in the video (second screenshot) and tell me any way I could block that better.

• No you have to aim your blocks better now.

Nothing was intentionally changed to blocking in the patch, if there’s a problem, it’s unintentional.

• You are so bad, its sad. You missed your every block by 50cm to 1m, uninstall. at 0:26 might have been lag. I can block everything just fine when nobody on the server is above 100 ping. L2P or go skyrim.

• @Avallac:

You are so bad, its sad. You missed your every block by 50cm to 1m, uninstall. at 0:26 might have been lag. I can block everything just fine when nobody on the server is above 100 ping. L2P or go skyrim.

Bother someone else with your personal bias.
    I can’t see why the blocks I showed should not have worked. Well, they might be off by a tiny bit, but seriously, compare it to this:
    qoyQvPvTuJ0

• @Atanar:

@lemonater47:

No you have to aim your blocks better now. They aren’t bugged. You can’t just click it and expect it to block everything.

Do me a favor and look at my blocking at 0:26 in the video (second screenshot) and tell me any way I could block that better.

0:26 was an overhead. Overheads you need to look up more than you would think.

Polearms you have to turn to the left or right more than you think.

1. Create a single player game and practice with bots.
    2. Join a duel server and just practice, practice, practice.

Alternatively use a shield, it is more forgiving.

• @gregcau:

Polearms you have to turn to the left or right more than you think.

Don’t judge too much by the pictures, they are taken a tiny bit before the actual impact. I am moving my coursor right to where you described. In the second one my aim is almost perfect at the tip of the weapon.

1. Create a single player game and practice with bots.
    2. Join a duel server and just practice, practice, practice.

I am not new to the game. Parrys like the shown ones worked pre-patch.
    Besides, the other video I have posted (not my own) completly destroys your arguments.

• @gregcau:

@Atanar:

@lemonater47:

I can’t count the number of times I’ve been fooled by this for certain onehanded weapons. The overhead attack’s windup looks like a sideways attack as the elbow flares out :x

• @Atanar:

I am not new to the game. Parrys like the shown ones worked pre-patch.
    Besides, the other video I have posted (not my own) completly destroys your arguments.

I find the video you posted inconclusive. Just because you can collide their offscreen weapon model with your parry does not mean you can’t do it turning your body properly.

Not say there are not bugs but I haven’t noticed a huge difference between pre and post patch except a) more lag
    b) alt attacks
    c) the feint then alt attack bug which will certainly make you miss the parry

• My bet is on packet loss.

Ghost Attacks and parries in the same patch? Coincidence? I don’t think so.

Ghost attacks: You feint, enemy sees a real attack (feint is packetloss’d)

Ghost parry: You parry, enemy hits you in the face anyway (parry is packetloss’d)

• @gregcau:

Not say there are not bugs but I haven’t noticed a huge difference between pre and post patch except a) more lag
    b) alt attacks
    c) the feint then alt attack bug which will certainly make you miss the parry

@Falc:

My bet is on packet loss.

Ghost Attacks and parries in the same patch? Coincidence? I don’t think so.

Ghost attacks: You feint, enemy sees a real attack (feint is packetloss’d)

Ghost parry: You parry, enemy hits you in the face anyway (parry is packetloss’d)

I did some more testing in singleplayer and it seems just fine there, so I think this is indeed the most likely source of these bugs.

And to everyone stating that you can still block but not were you think you would:
    I know that. But this is clearly unintended behaviour and makes no sense whatsoever concerning game desing. I can hardly imagine that they did it on purpose that you can’t block when the tip of the weapon is right in the centre of your screen, especially since the game tells you that this is the exact way how you should block.

And the game not acting like it should is the very definition of a bug. So stop with that stupid argument already.

• Yeah compare your video to that parrytest video and it’s hard to criticize your parries. Ability isn’t the problem here.

Certainly the 0:26 parry seemed the most unfair, although to me it did seem to “skip” out the middle bit of his swing animation.

• @Martin:

No you have to aim your blocks better now.

Nothing was intentionally changed to blocking in the patch, if there’s a problem, it’s unintentional.

your wrong parrying was changed last patch to fix a bug that let you parry twice as fast, since then ive noticed the animation seems a little unresponsive at times.

• I don’t think it is related to the last patch, this happened to me before and happens to me now. Most of the time I can even hear the successful block “clank” before I die. It happens with a shield as well - I don’t use it but when I hit someone in the middle of their block, there is a splash of blood through it and sometimes even a kill.
    I did notice though that the “parry bug” seems to be much more frequent when lower on health. Not really low but like 1-hit-kill-with-the-weapon-in-question low.

Concerning the video, are you sure that during the last fight you were killed by the vanguard’s 2her and not by the knight on the right?

• I experience these faults with parrying also, but I am surprised you mainly noticed this with 2H weapons. I mainly experience these things with one-handers for some reason (the 180 degrees necessary for swings, but also stabs)

• @AngryDave:

Certainly the 0:26 parry seemed the most unfair, although to me it did seem to “skip” out the middle bit of his swing animation.

@Eleshar_Vermillion:

Concerning the video, are you sure that during the last fight you were killed by the vanguard’s 2her and not by the knight on the right?

Well, the video is highly compressed for uploading speed reasons. You can see both a clearer animation on the original footage, as well as the symbol of the Zweihänder in the last fight. And as far as I recall there was no other Zweihänder-wielding vanguard in that game.

• I fully agree, parrying is definitely bugged. I’m a good player and I know (knew) how to parry very well but nowadays I get hit through my parry alot (not hearing the “clang” sound like I missed/mistimed the parry).
    So please stop telling the guy he is too stupid or should uninstall the game.
    I just tested a bit with bots and it seems it’s pretty much like before the patch there, looking at the enemy mostly is enough but looking in the general direction of the weapon is definitely enough for a successful parry.

Please look into this!

• I’m approaching rank 30 with > 120 hours played and I, too, agree that blocking is at times near impossible.
    Some weapons I’ve noticed this a lot with are the 1h knight hammer(middle row, primary weapon, leftmost) and of course MAA and Archer attack spam with almost anything, really.
    Swings are toughest it seems, but some overheads, as has been mentioned, can be tricky as well.

Yes I am aware that I need to look up for OHs and a bit to the side for LMB.

Timing I can get perfect almost every single time, but whether or not I manage to block feels 100% random. I have had other players mention this as well(30+ rank, annoyed that it feels more like luck than skill at times).

I have not tested this offline / with bots post-patch yet, all the practice I did was pre-content-patch when it was still fine.
    I might.
    For now I rely on simply tanking with knight and footwork instead, because I am at a loss about what else to do about it.

• push - still relevant