Kick bound to mouse button, sometimes swings instead

• Wondering if anyone else has experienced this:

I’ve bound ‘kick’ to a mouse button (I’m not at home now but I think it’s mouse button 4).

The kick works beautifully until I’m in the middle of combat. I can run up to a player and kick him, I can kick the air when just hanging around, but in the middle of fighting the button somehow initiates a swing attack, and from memory I think it’s an alt-swing.

Again, I can run up to someone and kick them before getting into the mix with them, and I can kick freely and repeatedly when nobody is around, but once I get into combat with feints, combos, parries, the button seems to perform the alt-swing instead.

The funny thing is that I get a lot of kills this way, lol. I’ll go to kick the player back, but I swing instead and it seems to hit most of the time.

If this is something that devs/mods wanna look into, I can get all the necessary info for you later in the week when I have time from home. Don’t wanna go through all that hassle though if this is only happening to me since it’s not game-breaking.

edit: one extra thing to mention, I have the other ‘extra’ mouse button bound to alt-overhead attack and it works fine. That would be mouse button 5 I guess?

• The game lets you bind more than one move to the same button. Make sure you dont have a swing or alt swing already mapped to the button you assigned kick.

• @CrimsonAvenger:

The game lets you bind more than one move to the same button. Make sure you dont have a swing or alt swing already mapped to the button you assigned kick.

Ahh you know i’ll check that, thanks dude. I verified the kick is mapped to F and MB4, but I didn’t go looking at the alt attack binding.

If that’s the issue I’ll update this thread and request a mod to delete it.

EDIT: Yep, the alt-slash was default-mapped to that mouse button for some reason. Case closed.

• @Carl:

@CrimsonAvenger:

The game lets you bind more than one move to the same button. Make sure you dont have a swing or alt swing already mapped to the button you assigned kick.

Ahh you know i’ll check that, thanks dude. I verified the kick is mapped to F and MB4, but I didn’t go looking at the alt attack binding.

If that’s the issue I’ll update this thread and request a mod to delete it.

If you’re still having issues, post all of your keybindings from the UDKGame.ini (or just attach the whole thing) and we’ll take a look.

• Something similiar happens here, too:

I have bound Sprint on mousebutton 4 and sometimes it triggers stab instead of sprinting, although I’m 100 % sure I didn’t use stab at that moment but sprint. Happens quite rarely though, mostly after blocks or getting blocked.