The billhook is awesome?

• I haven’t played that much since 2012, before the new patch, but I have noticed something.

I started using the billhook for the vanguard, and I’m doing very well with it. Looking at the spreadsheets, it’s a 3 hit kill weapon against knights with any combination, and a 2 hit kill with the overhead+stab against vanguards. It’s sprint attack to the chest will also oneshot archers.

The release and recovery times are pretty much equal to that of the twohand swords, but the range is better, and the “feel” of the weapon. Has this weapon been buffed or anything? It feels really potent right now, but not that many people are using it. Is this just me or is this weapon worth using :p? Did they change anything about it prior to the patch?

• It did get some buffs in the patch.

• @Fryseboks:

I haven’t played that much since 2012, before the new patch, but I have noticed something.

I started using the billhook for the vanguard, and I’m doing very well with it. Looking at the spreadsheets, it’s a 3 hit kill weapon against knights with any combination, and a 2 hit kill with the overhead+stab against vanguards. It’s sprint attack to the chest will also oneshot archers.

The release and recovery times are pretty much equal to that of the twohand swords, but the range is better, and the “feel” of the weapon. Has this weapon been buffed or anything? It feels really potent right now, but not that many people are using it. Is this just me or is this weapon worth using :p? Did they change anything about it prior to the patch?

The Billhook is excellent and probably received the most buffs out of any weapon in the game. It was extraordinarily underpowered and was buffed up to a ridiculously potent, yet undiscovered weapon. I was actually positive it was going to become the “Halberd 2.0” but its low range thankfully precludes this possibility, for the most part.

@Fryseboks:

It’s sprint attack to the chest will also oneshot archers.

What? No it doesn’t. It deals 100 Pierce… wait a minute, the Spreadsheet says Swing. That’s odd; the Billhook Sprint Attack is currently a jump-thrust, just like all the other polearms and spears.

Either it really does deal Swing, or the Spreadsheet is updated with information from the next patch and they implemented Sprint Overheads for the Polearms.

• Billhook really does swing damage… for now. It will be changed soon.

• @Martin:

Billhook really does swing damage… for now. It will be changed soon.

It should be an Overhead that does SwingBlunt! :V

Convince the devs! Top priority! :P

• Yeah, on days when I’m playin badly I roll out my billhook and dominate. Definitely my favorite weapon in the game after heavy Xbow.

• What? No it doesn’t. It deals 100 Pierce… wait a minute, the Spreadsheet says Swing. That’s odd; the Billhook Sprint Attack is currently a jump-thrust, just like all the other polearms and spears.

Either it really does deal Swing, or the Spreadsheet is updated with information from the next patch and they implemented Sprint Overheads for the Polearms.

But it does oneshot archers. Also all the values https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … TZnc#gid=1 are adjusted for “armor”, so 100dmg means 1 hit, right?

• @Fryseboks:

But it does oneshot archers. Also all the values https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … TZnc#gid=1 are adjusted for “armor”, so 100dmg means 1 hit, right?

Yup. I was just confused that the Billhook’s Sprint Attack deals Swing. As you can observe in-game, it’s a jump-thrust. That would theoretically deal Pierce (the Halberd’s attack does).