[POLL] Which class takes the most skill to use?

• There’s always a constant battle over which class takes the most skill to master.
    With Archer, you’ll need to have an eye for precision all the while being constantly alert for enemies trying to sneak up your behind.
    With MaA, you’ll need a quick reflex dodging through swings and finding the perfect opportunity to launch a fatal counter-attack.
    With Vanguard, you’re the main bulk of the army, people rely on your assistance in the trickiest situation and you can deal with multiple enemies at once.
    With Knight, you’ll need to compensate your lack of speed for more powerful weapons- and… yeah. Basically you rush in and smash everyone up, problem solved.

What do you think?

• No contest

Javelineer takes the most skill.

Vq. Los

• My personal experience:

1. Archer is the hardest to play.

2. I find it hard to get used to MAAs dodging mechanics.

3. Knights are indeed really slow, but have a lot of benefits as well.

4. Vanguard is probably the most noob-friendly class. ( I am not saying that only noobs play Vanguards)

• in pub and noob environments - MaA
    competitive - archer & knight

• I would say Man-at-Arms. Along with archer.

Vanguard is easy mode, Knight isn’t so hard to master, but it can ruin your day if you’re up versus a skilled knight. Archers are frustrating, and especially archers who know what they’re doing can make your blood boil. But MaA’s.

A good, skilled MaA is your worst nightmare, bud. He can wreck your shit 24 hours a day, any day of the week, 52 weeks a year, non-stop. He’ll hussle your tussle and dodge the crap out of your attacks, doing the limbo underneath your swings and sidestepping your overheads, landing blows on you left and right, getting around your shield asif it wasn’t even there.

The rape train has no breaks and it’ll plough right on through after he’s done with you, because next is your mother.

• The rape train has no breaks and it’ll plough right on through after he’s done with you, because next is your mother.

I am still baffled by the awesomeness - and trueness - of your writing. I pull my imaginary hat.

I agree, a skilled Man At arms can be a nightmare to deal with. My point is, however, does this class really take the most skill because of that? See, wouldn’t it take way more skill to be this good with any other class? Yes, a Vanguard can do “fine” in pubs by lmb-spamming… but I have never encountered a Vanguard that could tear me up with same ease some Men At Arms and even a handful of Knights could. Which means either that the other classes (Vanguard as an example) are skill-capped on a lower level because of their design and can simply never become that good or it means hardly anybody/nobody got that good with another class yet.

• Hardest to learn - MAA, followed by Archer
    Required effort per performance - MAA, followed by Archer
    Highest skill ceiling - All classes equal

• I think for competitive play, it probably is the archer. Having a mediocre archer vs a pro can really wreck havoc on a team’s performance. Finding a good archer is the hardest thing to do IMO, and I attribute this to the two skill sets a good archer must have. An archer must- 1a. Be able to make all the shots required. 1b. Not get out sniped by the other archer. 1c. manage arrows in an LTS. 2a. Know when to switch to melee. 2b. Know how to handle melee vs top shelf Knights/MAA/Vanguards…

• As I allways play a knight its hard to say which class takes the most skill to play.

But I believe archer is the hardest to play.
    Headshotting a moving target that has unpredictable patterns is not the easiest thing to do.

• I’m going with the general consensus that the Archer class is the hardest to play well!

However I’ve seen some absolutely crazy duels between two MAA… Perhaps the dodge move just adds an additional layer of complexity and is another skill that can be mastered over the standard skills of timing, distance, etc…

• @LosPepe’s:

No contest

Vq. Los

By far my favorite class because I’m a masochist and pulling off those kills is so, so satisfying. I also can’t imagine how much practice it takes to become a competitive archer.

• @LosPepe’s:

No contest

Vq. Los

Always fun chucking a spear into a retreating enemy. 8-)

• @LosPepe’s:

No contest

Vq. Los

Agree 100%

• @Matti:

Always fun chucking a spear into a retreating enemy. 8-)

It’s never fun as a spearchucker.

! Because I exterminate them with extreme prejudice

• @SharpshotSid:

It’s never fun as a spearchucker.

That’s racist.

I think that the Man at Arms takes the most skill, since with all other classes your tactics are pretty straightforward: Slash/shoot your enemy a couple of times and problem solved. On the other hand, as a Man at Arms, to stay alive (due to the frailness of your armour) you must actively dodge your enemy by utilising the parrying mechanic.

It’s understandable that some would vote for archer, but pretty much all classes can use some kind of ranged weapon so the difficulty of that is balanced between everyone (almost) equally. Also, both men at arms and archers can be one-hit-killed with the zweihander so problem solved.

• I am happy some people agree with me.

• Well, if we’re only talking about melee, then Archer takes the most skill/effort, I don’t think anyone can argue that. They can’t hide behind the comfort of dodge like MAAs can, or the ability to take more damage like Vanguards and Knights. Their weapons are significantly shorter, and the only thing they have to make up for it is weapon speed, which can potentially cause more flinches, but only if the opponent didn’t parry. There’s so many factors though, there’s no simple answer if you take into account everything every class has access too.

• @Martin:

Well, if we’re only talking about melee, then Archer takes the most skill/effort, I don’t think anyone can argue that. They can’t hide behind the comfort of dodge like MAAs can, or the ability to take more damage like Vanguards and Knights. Their weapons are significantly shorter, and the only thing they have to make up for it is weapon speed, which can potentially cause more flinches, but only if the opponent didn’t parry. There’s so many factors though, there’s no simple answer if you take into account everything every has class access too.

True, true…
    I agree also

MY list from Hardest to easiest goes
    1.Javeliner
    2.MAA
    3.or4. Archer
    4.or3. Knights
    5.Vanguards

• Vanguard. Yeah I said it.

Only in higher levels of play though. Anyone can run around spamming m1 and top the scoreboards, but when you’re playing against people that know how to exploit all of a vanguards weaknesses it’s a pretty uphill battle.

• Lmao. Archer takes 0 skill. I play archer when I’m too lazy to try hard and just get free kills with an occasional death in between 10 of them.