Please Syncronize Overhead Attacks of 1-handers and 2-hander

• Ever since the alternate attacks have been added, 1-hander and 2-hander overhead swings are reversed. I would like to use same type of overhead attack with same buttons.

Also, three spear weapons have sideswing and alt swing reversed and different from other weapons.

Do you want to keep it this way?

• @boomandvibe:

Ever since the alternate attacks have been added, 1-hander and 2-hander overhead swings are reversed. I would like to use same type of overhead attack with same buttons.

Also, three spear weapons have sideswing and alt swing reversed.

I actually really like how when you combo an Overhead and a Slash together with a 2h sword, you move your arms around your body to swing from the same direction; it throws me off for a loop all the time, and I suspect it catches other people off guard. That makes it unique. It also makes sense; instead of fighting the momentum of your swing to completely change direction, you carry the momentum around your body and strike again.

So, yes, I do.

• @NikolaiLev:

@boomandvibe:

Ever since the alternate attacks have been added, 1-hander and 2-hander overhead swings are reversed. I would like to use same type of overhead attack with same buttons.

Also, three spear weapons have sideswing and alt swing reversed.

I actually really like how when you combo an Overhead and a Slash together with a 2h sword, you move your arms around your body to swing from the same direction; it throws me off for a loop all the time, and I suspect it catches other people off guard. That makes it unique. It also makes sense; instead of fighting the momentum of your swing to completely change direction, you carry the momentum around your body and strike again.

So, yes, I do.

What does that have anything to do with what i requested? I am asking for syncronizing keys so that you would use the same key to do an overhead that comes from the right.

Right now if you scrollwheeldown, you do an overhead right-to-left with a 2-hand weapon, but you do left-to-right overhead with a 1-hand weapon. I would like to use the same button for 2-hand weapon normal overhead and for 1-hand alternate overhead, which is also right-to-left

• @boomandvibe:

What does that have anything to do with what i requested? I am asking for syncronizing keys so that you would use the same key to do an overhead that comes from the right.

Uh. I have no idea, then. I still can’t quite tell what you’re asking for. I’m pretty sure you’re asking that the two-hander Overhead and the one-hander Overhead both come from the right, whereas the one-hander comes from the left currently.

I still have no problem with current behavior, though. And my observation about combos is related; if you combo a Slash and Overhead with a one-hander they’ll come from opposite directions, naturally.

• @NikolaiLev:

@boomandvibe:

Uh. I have no idea, then. I still can’t quite tell what you’re asking for. I’m pretty sure you’re asking that the two-hander Overhead and the one-hander Overhead both come from the right, whereas the one-hander comes from the left currently.

I still have no problem with current behavior, though. And my observation about combos is related; if you combo a Slash and Overhead with a one-hander they’ll come from opposite directions, naturally.

Stop rationalizing. Where did I even remotely suggest that im talking about combos?

Im not talking about combos. Im talking about the first swing and it seems like you finally understood.

• @boomandvibe:

@NikolaiLev:

@boomandvibe:

Stop rationalizing. Where did I even remotely suggest that im talking about combos?

Im not talking about combos. Im talking about the first swing and it seems like you finally understood.

How is this even a valid complaint? An overhead either starts from slightly left and goes diagonal or is a downward chop. Press the appropriate button and rebind your keys if you aren’t happy with what’s there. The fact that another weapon type swings differently from whatever you’re using is completely irrelevant and you asking for it all to be standardized is mind-boggling in its pointlessness, especially considering that the difference in where the overheads actually hit is a matter of inches anyway.

• O really? The three spears have reversed sidewlswings now. Is that few degrees off?

I see you have played over 300 hours. Did you even bother to check hit tracer? Overhead tracers are pretty far away between normal and alternate ones if you look down while overheading. Or do you not even bother to look down while overheading?

• @boomandvibe:

O really? The three spears have reversed sidewlswings now. Is that few degrees off?

I don’t even know what that means. You click, it swings, you alt click it alt swings. If it’s reversed in your opinion, reverse the keybinds.

@boomandvibe:

I see you have played over 300 hours. Did you even bother to check hit tracer? Overhead tracers are pretty far away between normal and alternate ones if you look down while overheading. Or do you not even bother to look down while overheading?

If you’re lookdown overheading how does it matter where the hit tracer goes? It’s inside your opponent, there’s nowhere for the weapon to go except right in front of you, so it’s not like your opponent has to turn or look around to parry it. Like I said, if for some reason you think it’s reversed, REVERSE THE KEYBINDS.

If you’re incapable of pressing a different button for whatever reason, then write a script that dynamically changes your keybinds on weapon swap so that mousewheel down is normal overhead with your primary out and alt overhead with your secondary out. It’s completely ridiculous to want the developers to swap a bunch of animations just to cater to your inability to remember which swing comes from which direction, which is irrelevant in the example you gave anyway!

• Spears had normal swing from left to right which is now supposed to be alt swing.

Overhead goes from very far right to left (or left to right) if you look down. There is a big difference. Go turn on hit tracer and see.

I play the game currently just fine. The reason Im asking for the swings to be consistent is not because “I” cant play well. It’s nice to have everything organized.

There is no script that dynamically changes your keys. You cant make a script that will swap your mouse buttons if you press 1 or 2. I guess you dont know a thing about programming since you think syncronizing the swing would take a lot of work. I can change it myself in an hour. The thing is game checks files at launch and doesnt let anyone meddle with the code–it crashes at start. This is why I posted here, otherwise I wouldve changed it myself.

• I support that request.

As a SoW user, I often swap between 2 handed Sow and 1 handed Sow + shield.

@Daiyuki:

The fact that another weapon type swings differently from whatever you’re using is completely irrelevant and you asking for it all to be standardized is mind-boggling in its pointlessness, especially considering that the difference in where the overheads actually hit is a matter of inches anyway.

This is wrong.
    As I said, I’m using the SAME weapon, sometimes 1 handed, sometimes 2 handed.
    When 1 handed, a normal overhead goes from left to right, when 2 handed, from right to left. And the difference is not a matter of inches, it’s blatant (depends on the weapon though), especially when you fight against a shield ! You should try it yourself.

That means that to bypass a shield on it’s right, I do a normal overhead when 1 handed and an alternative overhead when 2 handed. It’s not logical.

• And I’m gonna add that it’s not new : http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5641&p=44814#p44814

@JackBaldy:

First I’d like to start off with the simpler idea. The overhead for the one handed weapons starts off in a somewhat left to right position. That gives you the ability to attack your enemy from both the left side (Slash attack) or the right side (Overhead).

With a two handed sword, however, your overhead comes from right to left. Same as the slashing attack. This leaves you with less options in how you can approach your enemy and which side you want to attack him.

• I support this idea. It was interesting before the alt-swings but now its kind of a mess really. Let’s sort it out.

• I oppose this idea. More diversity is allways a good thing. Should not be to diffult to learn ur strikes either.

• The forum thought I should oppose this idea twice :o

• When the diversity has no logic, I don’t see the point…
    Furthermore, what boomandvibe is asking doesn’t remove diversity, because anyway, we have now alternate attacks. It’s just to make the mechanic cleaner :

• Normal overhead = left to right
    • Alternate overhead = right to left

As I said, with the same weapon (SoW, but in fact every bastard sword), depending on using it 1 handed or 2 handed, the overhead is different, it makes no sense.

Also, I posted a link to an old topic (Wed Nov 14), to show that this behaviour is not new (original post said it was since alternate attacks were implemented) but it has been deleted (I have no idea why…), so I’m gonna post it again (with a quote for the lazy).

@JackBaldy:

The overhead for the one handed weapons starts off in a somewhat left to right position. That gives you the ability to attack your enemy from both the left side (Slash attack) or the right side (Overhead).

With a two handed sword, however, your overhead comes from right to left.

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5641&p=44814

(PS: can I have explanation about why my last post has been deleted ?)

• Another topic about the same issue:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10449

Right now I have to rebind keys when I want to switch to a different class… Please have some kind of logic with the alt swing directions.

Also you should make the swings equally fast, because there’s no point in using the regular overhead right now? I think this is a bug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxnLfXXeCoA&list=UUMnp3NA5Xfysq2LWY9jtgpA&index=3

• @restinpieces:

I oppose this idea. More diversity is allways a good thing. Should not be to diffult to learn ur strikes either.

In what way does syncronizing weapon swings remove diversity? Doesn’t diversity come from having alternate attacks? They are all the same anyways.

It has nothing to do with how difficult it is to learn the swings. I have no problem playing as it is now. It’s just disorganized which is what I don’t like. Same goes with the three spear weapons that have reversed sideswings.

Telling me to change keybinding is ridiculous. You don’t play just 1 class or 1 setup the entire game.

• @Daiyuki:

if for some reason you think it’s reversed, REVERSE THE KEYBINDS.!

What the hell? Do these people have dyslexia or just general problems with reading comprehension?

Take a while to read the request and think it through before letting loose you angry, unconstructive comments.

@Daiyuki:

The fact that another weapon type swings differently from whatever you’re using is completely irrelevant and you asking for it all to be standardized is mind-boggling in its pointlessness

Your presence on the forums is pointless.

• Hit tracer? Err, what is that and how to you enable it?

• 1. Download X-mouse button control

Quote by Admin of X-mouse:
    "So, for the profile you want to do this for, set layer 1 for the first case and layer 2 for the second case (swapped buttons). Then enable either layer modifier keys or global hotkeys depending on how you want to switch (layer modifer keys change the layer while the key is held down, global hotkeys toggle the layers) to switch between the layers, it might just work :)

You need to make sure for all other profiles/default that layer 2 is set to “same as layer 1” so changing the layer will only effect the particular profile your interested in."

2. Layer 1 - set the shortcut key to number “1” on your keyboard
    Layer 2 - shortcut key number “2”

3. Layer 1 - normal, none-changed setting to your mouse.
    Layer 2 - Switch the buttons for two overhead swings with each other.

4. Now in game, it should change between layers whenever you press 1 or 2. So when you press 2 to swap to your secondary, it should swap your overhead keys and make your overhead in sync with your 2-hand weapon!!!

It should work but post here the results because I can’t test it right now.

–-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bonus Trick: In your document config file, find UDKGame.cfg and go to the RightMouseButton keybinding. It should say something like:

GBA_Parry|GBA_Raiseshield|GBA_MeleeFeint or something like that.

Delete GBA_MeleeFeint, then add GBA_Feint| in front of GBA_Parry. Now in the game, pressing the RMB will cancel your attack and quickly parry. No need to press it twice.

Downside is that you need to use the default feint button “Q” for all your feints.

I’ve been doing this since the game was released and many top players know about it. It saves your life countless times.