Server Crashes At Capacity

• Ok, so one our clan server is a 24 player slot server. We allow up to 24 players to join. But it seems when it is as capacity, it is only a matter of time before it crashes. When I check on the server providers website, shortly after a crash it shows 26/24 players in the server. Our 18 player server does this too.

Has anyone else ran into this problem and know a fix to it?

• @ChuckingIt:

Ok, so one our clan server is a 24 player slot server. We allow up to 24 players to join. But it seems when it is as capacity, it is only a matter of time before it crashes. When I check on the server providers website, shortly after a crash it shows 26/24 players in the server. Our 18 player server does this too.

Has anyone else ran into this problem and know a fix to it?

Does your server have a min rank or max ping set on it?

• It may have a ping restrictor but definitely not a rank limit.

• @ChuckingIt:

It may have a ping restrictor but definitely not a rank limit.

Perhaps that is the problem? Crustilicious?

• @ReMixx:

@ChuckingIt:

It may have a ping restrictor but definitely not a rank limit.

Perhaps that is the problem? Crustilicious?

Yeah I am going to gather more info, was just hoping someone ran into this same problem.

• TCAdmin?

• @Martin:

TCAdmin?

Are you asking if I use it? And idk, its just the tool kit provided by warbaws. The servers are always good, with great ping. Its just the capacity crashing.

• Looks like Warbawz uses TCAdmin. We had a bunch of servers with TCAdmin previously, but it really doesn’t like it when the server goes over the limit. You have to set limits for the server, e.g 24 players maximum and as soon as the server goes over the limit, TCAdmin closes the server down because it’s a tool used primarily for server hosts and it acts as a way of enforcing server limits (since you pay per slot, generally). The only way this can be fixed is when the bug is fixed in Chivalry that doesn’t report incorrect player counts. Alternatively, you may be able to ask your host if there’s a way to remove the TCAdmin slot enforcement (I don’t actually know whether it’s possible myself) for the Chivalry servers until it is fixed. They can still control the maxplayers via the command line, so they shouldn’t have to worry about people increasing the slots when they paid for less.

• @Martin:

Looks like Warbawz uses TCAdmin. We had a bunch of servers with TCAdmin previously, but it really doesn’t like it when the server goes over the limit. You have to set limits for the server, e.g 24 players maximum and as soon as the server goes over the limit, TCAdmin closes the server down because it’s a tool used primarily for server hosts and it acts as a way of enforcing server limits (since you pay per slot, generally). The only way this can be fixed is when the bug is fixed in Chivalry that doesn’t report incorrect player counts. Alternatively, you may be able to ask your host if there’s a way to remove the TCAdmin slot enforcement (I don’t actually know whether it’s possible myself) for the Chivalry servers until it is fixed. They can still control the maxplayers via the command line, so they shouldn’t have to worry about people increasing the slots when they paid for less.

Thank you kind sir. I will get on that! I appreciate the info. Will get back on how it goes.

• we also use tcadmin and solution we use for this is setting maxplayers to 64 in commandline and to 32 in udkgame.ini

• Problem has been solved by Warbaws. IDK what route they took, but as of yesterday their servers aren’t crashing anymore. Thank you for everyone who replied!