A way to fix feints for good. Remove Sub-Zero from the game.

• Ok, check this out…

What if, in order to balance feints, the following was implemented.

-A way to move and position yourself when your opponent is trying to attack you.

-A way to swing your weapon offensively in case your opponent tries to delay a swing to feint an attack.

-A way to allow you to feint as well so you can leverage your good positioning and placement over an opponent who mistakenly chose to defend in that situation.

-A way to break Sub-Zero’s freezing move he has been doing to people that leads them to be stuck in place with no other options but to try to answer a feint with the mechanic it was designed to blow up. Similar to what you see in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … ToeY5gxdY0

If we took Sub-Zero out of the game then people would have an even better chance of dealing with the mechanic.

• viewtopic.php?f=84&t=10784

Also you’re not too bright.

• I love how they all block the moment they see the feint. leaving them open for an attack. if they just waited a split second longer to block or walked backwards instead they would be in a totally different position.

• @Dark:

Ok, check this out…

What if, in order to balance feints, the following was implemented.

-A way to move and position yourself when your opponent is trying to attack you.

-A way to swing your weapon offensively in case your opponent tries to delay a swing to feint an attack.

-A way to allow you to feint as well so you can leverage your good positioning and placement over an opponent who mistakenly chose to defend in that situation.

-A way to break Sub-Zero’s freezing move he has been doing to people that leads them to be stuck in place with no other options but to try to answer a feint with the mechanic it was designed to blow up. Similar to what you see in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … ToeY5gxdY0

If we took Sub-Zero out of the game then people would have an even better chance of dealing with the mechanic.

baby’s first sarcasm

• Sub Zero? I thought we were talking about Chivalry?

• @MUSASHI:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=10784

Also you’re not too bright.

I’m sure the reason is because I think the feinting concept and goal is fine, right? Yep. You drawing such a conclusion based on that sure is a mark on my intelligence.

@Halbardburton:

I love how they all block the moment they see the feint. leaving them open for an attack. if they just waited a split second longer to block or walked backwards instead they would be in a totally different position.

Well, yeah. They got tricked. So the game is broken. Also, don’t forget they all got hit by Sub-Zero. So they can’t move or do anything else.

@rumpelstiltskin:

baby’s first sarcasm

What sarcasm? You don’t think it would be a good change to allow people to move and position themselves in this game?

@Slaughtervomit:

Sub Zero? I thought we were talking about Chivalry?

We are. Sub-Zero has made an appearance, however, since he seems to be freezing people in place in every anti-feinting video I see that is supposed to demonstrate how the mechanic is broken. I’m saying make it so that people have the option or ability to move and position themselves or at least ATTACK when an opponent is impressing offense upon them.

• @Dark:

We are. Sub-Zero has made an appearance, however, since he seems to be freezing people in place in every anti-feinting video I see that is supposed to demonstrate how the mechanic is broken. I’m saying make it so that people have the option or ability to move and position themselves or at least ATTACK when an opponent is impressing offense upon them.

You don’t get it silly goose. Point of that video was to show that you can’t effectively block facehug feints and that’s why they were standing next to each other.

• Keep things civil please. Find better ways to put your point across without any insults to intelligence.

• @Halbardburton:

I love how they all block the moment they see the feint. leaving them open for an attack.

Are you being sarcastic, too? The vast majority of the parries against the dane axe are incredibly late into the windup, like a proper parry. You’ll notice - not all of his attacks are feints. He was mixing overhead and overhead>feint>overhead. The test wasn’t “parry something you know will be a feint,” because that’s easy - you just don’t parry during the first first windup, then parry during the second. The test was to try and tell if the first attack was a real attack (and therefore, parry during the first windup), or a feint (and therefore, parry during the second) - exactly like you would have to in a real fight.

If you think you can do better at differentiating between real attacks and feints, DSMatticus on steam. We’ll even get someone to record it. We’ll try a 1her like the broadsword, a 2her like the longsword, and… maybe even the maul.

@Halbardburton:

walked backwards.

In a real fight, your opponent counters walking backwards with walking forwards. Do I have to dig out the game numbers, or will you believe me when I tell you that forward movespeed is faster than backward movespeed? I… still kind of hope you’re just being sarcastic. Please tell me you’re being sarcastic?

@Dark:

We are. Sub-Zero has made an appearance, however, since he seems to be freezing people in place in every anti-feinting video I see that is supposed to demonstrate how the mechanic is broken.

Movement does not counter feints. You are getting increasingly dishonest in your latest posts - that or you just don’t understand anything about the game. See the above point: you can’t actually successfully distance yourself from your opponent without turning your back on them, and frequently not even then because of the chase mechanic.

Attacking does not counter feints, because that presumes that you already know it is a feint, which presumes that you have already won the guessing game/coinflip/mind read your opponent (there certainly aren’t any visual cue’s to a feint, especially not before your opponent even presses the feint button).

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Dark:

You don’t get it silly goose. Point of that video was to show that you can’t effectively block facehug feints and that’s why they were standing next to each other.

IDK what that video proves TBH. That is where feints shine, in your grill. The point it to not allow the enemy to be up in there. And the maul blocking was really bad. From the first player perspective, you blocked way too early. The grand mace is face huggable, but definitely not the maul.

And about this OP, idk what his point was either.

• @ChuckingIt:

IDK what that video proves TBH. That is where feints shine, in your grill. The point it to not allow the enemy to be up in there.

What do you do to not allow your enemy to be up in there?

• @ChuckingIt:

IDK what that video proves TBH. That is where feints shine, in your grill. The point it to not allow the enemy to be up in there.

And how do you propose that? Using your weapon’s superior reach, which can be completely closed by a quarter/halfsecond of movement? Kicking, which is an attack in and of itself that requires an opening to use it in? Backpeddling? Turning your back on the opponent and running away?

I’m sorry, but no. If someone wants to facehug you, they will. You don’t counter facehugging. The only way you win is by keeping control of the fight’s tempo, and once you have control of the fight’s tempo it’s to your advantage to facehug so you should be moving forward to attack.

The only reason to not push for facehug is because you aren’t sure you’ll end up with control of the fight when you do, or your opponent has teammates nearby who will stab you. Chivalry has no solid disengage mechanics.

@ChuckingIt:

And the maul blocking was really bad. From the first player perspective, you blocked way too early. The grand mace is face huggable, but definitely not the maul.

The maul feinting wasn’t that great either, and the hit that followed wasn’t acceled. I think I got proper maul feints down by the end of our screwing around. Do you wanna repeat the test in the video with a maul? I’m pretty sure it can be used effectively with feints, with a .1s timing window. (I’m actually somewhat curious).

Mauls are mostly terrible because they have bad range and are super slow, so everyone and their grandmother can avoid them. I don’t think they’re literally unfeintable.

• I agree my timing was horrible on parrying the maul. I was doing dane axe before that so I was kinda still in the mindset of a faster weapon (than the maul)… :lol:

• If you have a good graphics card and a 120hz monitor, you can actually see the feints. I just got a Gtx 690 and Asus VG248qe and I play way better now than when I was running a GTX 550 and a IPS 25ms input lag monitor

• @boomandvibe:

If you have a good graphics card and a 120hz monitor, you can actually see the feints. I just got a Gtx 690 and Asus VG248qe and I play way better now than when I was running a GTX 550 and a IPS 25ms input lag monitor

The game caps you at 60fps anyway… Running fraps, this puts me at like ~30 fps.

• @Slaughtervomit:

I agree my timing was horrible on parrying the maul. I was doing dane axe before that so I was kinda still in the mindset of a faster weapon (than the maul)… :lol:

So you acknowledge that part of your video was entirely inaccurate and simply showed poor play rather than a genuine problem with the game.

Your video displayed nothing useful and only tells us that you have not at all understood the arguments put forward by people for feinting (i’m talking about people who know the game, not those “weeeelll, i got the game yesterday”). I know it’s pretty much impossible to react to a facehug feint. This is the entire point of the mechanic. If you could react easily to it then it would be useless against good players.

• What are you even talking about, OP?

@Slaughtervomit:

The game caps you at 60fps anyway… Running fraps, this puts me at like ~30 fps.

Unlock your frame rate in .ini files. I believe it’s the Engine.ini

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@ChuckingIt:

What do you do to not allow your enemy to be up in there?

Have two friends with you. Start focusing on parrying and not falling for the feint if it even comes. and let your boys cross cut em.

Throw a fire pot

Throw a weenie knife

a well timed kick can stop them from getting in.

some will get in. but when you catch em its satisfying.

• @NabsterHax:

@Slaughtervomit:

I agree my timing was horrible on parrying the maul. I was doing dane axe before that so I was kinda still in the mindset of a faster weapon (than the maul)… :lol:

So you acknowledge that part of your video was entirely inaccurate and simply showed poor play rather than a genuine problem with the game.

Your video displayed nothing useful and only tells us that you have not at all understood the arguments put forward by people for feinting (i’m talking about people who know the game, not those “weeeelll, i got the game yesterday”). I know it’s pretty much impossible to react to a facehug feint. This is the entire point of the mechanic. If you could react easily to it then it would be useless against good players.

I feel like your post is semi-malicious tbh.

However, I do live up to my personal part in the video being sub-par skill wise and I derped quite frankly… I won’t blame my fps, nor will I blame anything but my own mistake… But to go as far as to say my video didn’t prove anything is false. It was showing how feinting turned a fight into a guessing game.

I have seen quite a few people argue that you can simply react to a feint. This is false. Parrying a feint turns out to be luck.

I personally challenge anyone saying feints are not guesswork to successfully parry 3 attacks from a skilled feinter without missing.

Also, I’d appreciate you leaving the comments on the forum and not stinking up my comments section with your hate. Thanks so much :)

• @Slaughtervomit:

@NabsterHax:

@Slaughtervomit:

I feel like your post is semi-malicious tbh.

However, I do live up to my personal part in the video being sub-par skill wise and I derped quite frankly… I won’t blame my fps, nor will I blame anything but my own mistake… But to go as far as to say my video didn’t prove anything is false. It was showing how feinting turned a fight into a guessing game.

I have seen quite a few people argue that you can simply react to a feint. This is false. Parrying a feint turns out to be luck.

I personally challenge anyone saying feints are not guesswork to successfully parry 3 attacks from a skilled feinter without missing.

Also, I’d appreciate you leaving the comments on the forum and not stinking up my comments section with your hate. Thanks so much :)

Your challenge is based on false logic and so was your entire video.
    Feint beats parry. you are asking people to beat feint, with the very thing its supposed to defeat.