Best Duel Loadout

• Been dueling recently and sometimes i win and sometimes i lose. I am wondering which is the best loadout to use? I was using the first hammer for knight (i think its the warhammer?) and i kept getting beat by vanguards with war axes so i changed to that. But what actually is the best loadout?

• War hammer knight is super strong. 2 Shot any class. The trick is that you only use the war hammer vs other knights, you can 2 shot any other class much faster and more effectively with your secondary. Grab falchion, war hammer, and tower shield. Vs knights use the war hammer, vs any other class switch to your falchion. Secondary weapon is also all preference, but falchion is awesome.

• @Pariah:

War hammer knight is super strong. 2 Shot any class. The trick is that you only use the war hammer vs other knights, you can 2 shot any other class much faster and more effectively with your secondary. Grab falchion, war hammer, and tower shield. Vs knights use the war hammer, vs any other class switch to your falchion. Secondary weapon is also all preference, but falchion is awesome.

How do you deal with MOA and Vanguards with axes? They are too fast and can kick you so easily.

• Not a very good question really. It is mostly dependant on your playstyle… There is no “best” loadout, it’s only based on how effectively you can use a weapon.

• I usually pick knight with kite shield, warhammer, sword of war or messer as primary, and flanged mace or falchion as secondary.

For the most part now, I am sticking with WarHammer with Flanged Mace with Kite Shield.

The War Hammer is easy to use for getting around people’s shields, but if I need speed against someone, then I switch to the Mace.

If I’m feeling extra brutal, I’ll pull out the Maul, but the timing takes a bit of practice for newer players to figure out…. one overhand attack at most player’s heads will insta kill them.

I use other classes and other weapons, but imo, the above are the best if I’m looking to win easily.

• @PandaChef:

How do you deal with MOA and Vanguards with axes? They are too fast and can kick you so easily.

Broadsword or Falcion are great secondaries for the knight against men at arms and vanguards.
    To avoid getting punished by their kick, try to avoid turtling behind your shield, only raise it when you see them attack as with a parry. The strength of the shield is that you can keep it up and negate feints when you see the attack coming. Instantly drop it if you see them feint into a kick.

If you’re not holding your shield up, they can’t stun you with the kick.

• @PandaChef:

What’s an MOA?

• @Ulven:

@PandaChef:

Broadsword or Falcion are great secondaries for the knight against men at arms and vanguards.
    To avoid getting punished by their kick, try to avoid turtling behind your shield, only raise it when you see them attack as with a parry. The strength of the shield is that you can keep it up and negate feints when you see the attack coming. Instantly drop it if you see them feint into a kick.

If you’re not holding your shield up, they can’t stun you with the kick.

Interesting i never knew that. Anyone tried the Vanguard with war axe it seems to be pretty powerful.

@Daiyuki:

@PandaChef:

What’s an MOA?

Sorry MAA.