The Issue on Feints - Are We Being Heard?

• Seems like there have been numerous topics on feints since the game was released but we have hardly seen much improvement. The only thing the cooldown from feint accomplished was fixing the stab/overhead exploit. Feint is one of the most discussed topic among players but I am not sure if devs are giving the players enough attention. I wish players would be told if their concerns will be addressed. I wish we could get beta releases that could playtest different ways to change the combat with feints for the better.

• Yes.

More information on upcoming betas will be available when it’s available - until then I can only ask you be patient. We do plan on testing changes to many game mechanics once we’ve got a better way to distribute the beta client, and feinting is one of them.

• @SlyGoat:

Yes.

More information on upcoming betas will be available when it’s available - until then I can only ask you be patient. We do plan on testing changes to many game mechanics once we’ve got a better way to distribute the beta client, and feinting is one of them.

Thank you for that reply

Can I work for TornBanner? I’ll work for free to test beta releases… at home… when I have time to play… and quit whenever I want to… with no boss to keep me working… with no contract… so like an hour every few days… i am not scheming to get early access or anything… NO i mean… i work good

• @boomandvibe:

@SlyGoat:

Yes.

Thank you for that reply

Can I work for TornBanner? I’ll work for free to test beta releases… at home… when I have time to play… and quit whenever I want to… with no boss to keep me working… with no contract… so like an hour every few days… i am not scheming to get early access or anything… NO i mean… i work good

Wing is next in line for hire at TBS… Wait your turn! ;)

• @Slaughtervomit:

Wing is next in line for hire at TBS… Wait your turn! ;)

But Im waaaay more qualified for the job! I like goofing off, have messed up sleep cycle, dont exercise, dont study, but most importantly, im an angel. Im really nice and sexy

• I imagine players are having issues with people using the feint, but I haven’t met many players who use it excessively…. I use it once, then lead up with an attack which almost always works… figured that’s how it was meant to be used.

For those I play against who try to use it too often, they’re easy to counter by just smashing them in the face and then they panic… back track, strafe out of the way… duck… I’d rather leave Feinting in the game as it is than to remove it as some are suggesting, because once that’s gone, you just end up with people ping pong’ing one another until someone screws up… and that’s even more boring.

Either that or people will just resort to kick spamming to get a hit in.

No issues with it here.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

I imagine players are having issues with people using the feint, but I haven’t met many players who use it excessively…. I use it once, then lead up with an attack which almost always works… figured that’s how it was meant to be used.

For those I play against who try to use it too often, they’re easy to counter by just smashing them in the face and then they panic… back track, strafe out of the way… duck… I’d rather leave Feinting in the game as it is than to remove it as some are suggesting, because once that’s gone, you just end up with people ping pong’ing one another until someone screws up… and that’s even more boring.

No issues with it here.

Yeah, it’s something being tested and discussed to length. Don’t want to make any knee-jerk reactions.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

I imagine players are having issues with people using the feint, but I haven’t met many players who use it excessively…. I use it once, then lead up with an attack which almost always works… figured that’s how it was meant to be used.

No issues with it here.

I dont want feint to disappear!!! Are they removing feints??? Noooooo

I just want feint to be changed for the better so that it wont be a guesswork and instead the player’s mistake.

• @boomandvibe:

I dont want feint to disappear!!! Are they removing feints??? Noooooo

I just want feint to be changed for the better so that it wont be a guesswork and player’s mistake.

No no, but there’s a thread in the balance section of the forums where a few members are wanting it removed…. which is kind of silly.

• @Andrew:

@Cpt-Praxius:

No issues with it here.

Yeah, it’s something being tested and discussed to length. Don’t want to make any knee-jerk reactions.

I like jerking

• @boomandvibe:

I like jerking

Too much information…. Don’t try and sell me your keyboard or mouse.

• I just got used up against people who feint. Pulling out your secondary weapon helps. Your more leksly to strike them while they feint.

Feinting is supposed to give the attacker an advantage.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@boomandvibe:

I like jerking

Too much information…. Don’t try and sell me your keyboard or mouse.

I use joystick

• @boomandvibe:

Seems like there have been numerous topics on feints since the game was released but we have hardly seen much improvement.

Crying does not equate to game changes. Go somewhere else, perhaps where the games are easier.

This isn’t Blizzard.

• I’d rather leave Feinting in the game as it is than to remove it as some are suggesting, because once that’s gone, you just end up with people ping pong’ing one another until someone screws up…. and that’s even more boring.

• A minority of baddies want feints changed/removed. “You” sirs are certainly being heard, along with the majority who have brains and are fine with feints.

• @Avallac:

A minority of baddies want feints changed/removed. “You” sirs are certainly being heard, along with the majority who have brains and are fine with feints.

From what I seen on the poll, it’s pretty split. I wouldn’t call feint supporters the majority. Also, insulting people just makes you look like the one without a brain… Doesn’t make your point any more valid.

• @Avallac:

A minority of baddies want feints changed/removed. “You” sirs are certainly being heard, along with the majority who have brains and are fine with feints.

The people I’ve played with who are decidedly anti-feint are way better than you.

Sorry.

• @Dick:

@Avallac:

The people I’ve played with who are decidedly anti-feint are way better than you.

Sorry.

Oh hey, I think I’ve played with you before! (Hopefully I wasn’t stinking it up too bad lol)

• @boomandvibe:

Seems like there have been numerous topics on feints since the game was released but we have hardly seen much improvement.

Speak for yourself. There are a large number of players on here who are quite happy with the current feinting system and don’t want to see any major changes.