Kills required to rank up?

• Having achieved rank 48, I sure would like to know how many kills/assists I have gotten. Is there a chart or math formula somewhere that can be used to determine how many kills/assists it takes to achieve any given rank?

• @TobiwanK3nobi:

Having achieved rank 48, I sure would like to know how many kills/assists I have gotten. Is there a chart or math formula somewhere that can be used to determine how many kills/assists it takes to achieve any given rank?

Unless I am mistaken, I think its a secret. I wanted to know but don’t remember ever getting an answer. :?

• dammmmmmn son! i just recently hit the big 4-0! As far as kills/assists, no idea it’s a huge mystery man. I didn’t even know what ranked ya up in the first place and still don’t… whether its kills/assists… or whether its your score, or a combination of both… no idea.

I would also like to know my team damage/enemy damage ratio lmao… i have a feeling my team hurt me more than the enemy does… and that’s the damn truth!

• @TobiwanK3nobi:

Having achieved rank 48, I sure would like to know how many kills/assists I have gotten. Is there a chart or math formula somewhere that can be used to determine how many kills/assists it takes to achieve any given rank?

bump

I want to know as well.

• Its RNG based.

The higher level you are the smaller chance of gaining a rank.

• Ranking up is to do with points. As I levelled up by bashing at the door on citidel. You get points for that.

• ITT: false assumptions

Ranking up has to do with kills and assists. The required amount is increased for each rank.

Now can we stay on topic please? We’d like to know the formula :)

• @Martin:

Opponent rank doesn’t matter either. You get 200xp for a kill and 100xp for an assist. You can’t see your total experience right now though through legitimate means.

I don’t think anyone has stated the total exp needed per rank though.

• TB should implement an exp bar to show how close you are to the next level. The bar could be visible in the class selection menu.

• @MedievalFantasy:

TB should implement an exp bar to show how close you are to the next level. The bar could be visible in the class selection menu.

I’d like to see this.

Basic psychology that if you see you’re partially invested in something already, you’re more likely to see it to completion. Someone who’s not far off the next rank would play like hell to get it. Keeps people coming back as although it’s the “same” game, it gives them something fresh to keep working on.

Worked really well for Alien Swarm.

• Ranks should be removed. Let people “come back and play” because game is fun, not to lvl up yet another useless rank.

• @Peacerer:

Ranks should be removed. Let people “come back and play” because game is fun, not to lvl up yet another useless rank.

It can’t be both? :S

(I agree those players basing opinions of others based solely on rank are tits).

• @MedievalFantasy:

TB should implement an exp bar to show how close you are to the next level. The bar could be visible in the class selection menu.

a great idea.

• It’d be awesome if different rank tiers had new player skins/models with more intimidating armor.

Say every 10 rank levels, or maybe 5 when you get up into the mid 30’s, and you could look more “epic” with each rank tier.

It might even make it more fun since lower ranked players could identify the higher ranked players and gang up so as to keep them from wrecking everyone and pushing objectives etc.

• @Substance:

It’d be awesome if different rank tiers had new player skins/models with more intimidating armor.

Say every 10 rank levels, or maybe 5 when you get up into the mid 30’s, and you could look more “epic” with each rank tier.

It might even make it more fun since lower ranked players could identify the higher ranked players and gang up so as to keep them from wrecking everyone and pushing objectives etc.

I would love this. I’m hoping for more cosmetic options unlocked through experience and achievements.

• @Substance:

It’d be awesome if different rank tiers had new player skins/models with more intimidating armor.

Great idea!
    If there’s 1 single thing to be added/changed in the game, this would be my choice.

• I completely agree with unlockable cosmetic options, perhaps on weapons too. Nothing too off the wall fantasy; but there are plenty of solid ways to make things look stylish and intimidating.

Maybe when you reach rank 100, you could have armor and weapons like the dude in my signature.

Too much? 8-)

• Yeah; unlocks based on rank is as good a system for getting unlocks as any. Personally, I’d like a nice new hat for reaching rank 40.

Meanwhile back on topic; I’d still like an answer to the OP.

• Bump :D

also want to know the formula and i would like to see an xp bar in the class selection window :D

• Slygoat is a red now, let’s bug him about it! He must know the secrets!