Issue with ground not loading.

• So I bought Chivalry yesterday. I go into the game for the first time, and go to training, as to get a feel for the game. Right off the bat I cannot see the ground, all i see is the water underneath where the ground is supposed to be. So I went searching for answers and found that s geforce 8800 or better is required, well, I have a 7300 GT.

so that being the problem, did I just waste money(until i can get a new graphics card), or is there any known way to make it work?

• @Vaporizer:

So I bought Chivalry yesterday. I go into the game for the first time, and go to training, as to get a feel for the game. Right off the bat I cannot see the ground, all i see is the water underneath where the ground is supposed to be. So I went searching for answers and found that s geforce 8800 or better is required, well, I have a 7300 GT.

so that being the problem, did I just waste money(until i can get a new graphics card), or is there any known way to make it work?

You may have to wait for the new graphics card. What you can try though is to turn all the video settings to the highest and see if the ground returns. Then start turning things off one by one until the ground goes away to isolate what you need to have on… Also try the other way around if the highest doesn’t work - try setting everything off/to the lowest setting.

I wouldn’t have my hopes up, but it’s worth a try in your current condition. :(

• Thanks for your help. I will try that out.

I am a bit disappointed. Why is there no compatibility with a little bit older cards?

• @Vaporizer:

Thanks for your help. I will try that out.

I am a bit disappointed. Why is there no compatibility with a little bit older cards?

8800GT is 6 years old (2007). The issue is that the 8xxx series of nvidia cards introduced the unified shader model which every card since uses. It also moves the texture mapping unit into the shader pipeline. The version of the Unreal Engine 3 that Chivalry uses is coded and optimized for unified shaders. It would have to have a separate rendering path to not use unified shaders.

Just about every new Unreal Engine 3 game has this requirement.