Class limits in TDM tournaments.

• Similar to the Third Person topic, what is your view on this? Do you think the game needs to have limits on how many of a class a team can have in order to work?

• By tournaments do you mean actual competitions or just a normal public match? If it limited archers, then yes.

• I sometimes play on a TO server which has 16 slots in total and per team every class has 2 or 3 slots only.

I think more servers should start to set this up.

Pros:
    1. You dont have too many of one certain class against you.
    2. You dont have too many of one certain class with you ( i lost so many games because half of my team consisted of noob-archers).
    3. I normally play Knight and Vanguard only and now i am sometimes forced to choose a class i never played that much before - which can be fun.

Cons:
    3. I normally play Knight and Vanguard only and now i am sometimes forced to choose a class i never played that much before - which can be shite.^^

• @NIB:

I sometimes play on a TO server which has 16 slots in total and per team every class has 2 or 3 slots only.

I think more servers should start to set this up.

Pros:
    1. You dont have too many of one certain class against you.
    2. You dont have too many of one certain class with you ( i lost so many games because half of my team consisted of noob-archers).
    3. I normally play Knight and Vanguard only and now i am sometimes forced to choose a class i never played that much before - which can be fun.

Cons:
    3. I normally play Knight and Vanguard only and now i am sometimes forced to choose a class i never played that much before - which can be shite.^^

I don’t think any of those pros sound that beneficial. I find the freedom to have any sort of set up makes the game far more engaging.

Any other benefits to having limits?

• Does the game not already support class limits? (I know I’ve seen something like that in the server .ini files.)

Should be completely up to the server owner or tournament organiser of course, but if you were to ask me, I’d say the standard 50% rule is a good balance start for class limiting.