Adding compas and map

• It would be nice if there was a rudimentary compas and map in the game. Sometimes I find I really need to give instructions to my team but it is very difficult to put it into words without any real, firm points of reference. If you want to give instructions about enemy position (or your position), you have to undergo the lengthly and painful process of establishing your own provisionary points of reference (e.g. “as seen from our highest poistioned spawn point” or a bullshit like that) and then to give clear unambiguous directions (e.g. “right if facing the exit”).

I don’t have to say it is pain to invent, pain to decode and it takes hell of a time to write down to the chat window. I would prefer something much like “South hill, 2 archers behind the wall, go kill them. Kisses.”

• Alternatively, simple maps of the areas available at the Chivalry site would resolve that. Simple maps depicting cardinal points and some notable landmarks. Granted, players would need to consult the maps beforehand to know the different locations, but seeing as some players didn’t even do the tutorial, this could go over a lot of players’ heads.

• I didnt mean real 3D map made as I high overflight screenshot but something very simple and crude (few draws of stylus on a parchment really, with some notes like “Agatha”, “Mason” for spawns and some key points).

• That’s what I mean as well: crude simple black and white maps of the… well, maps. But you don’t need them in-game, you just need them on the site or elsewhere so people can know the orientation of the map as well as the name of the landmarks and will be able to understand map positions.

• First time playing the new maps, i didn’t know where’s where and what’s what. There’s no reason why they cant have a “Tab button” map for players to look at.

• @Cheesus:

First time playing the new maps, i didn’t know where’s where and what’s what. There’s no reason why they cant have a “Tab button” map for players to look at.

This would be a great idea.

• @Cheesus:

First time playing the new maps, i didn’t know where’s where and what’s what. There’s no reason why they cant have a “Tab button” map for players to look at.

YES! I didn’ like any of the new maps because at first I was totally clueless where to seek the enemy. The old maps are a little bit simpler but on the frigid map there is very little indication where to run from the spawn.
    Let none be deceived, my primary desire is a compas because it is always possible to navigate people from the spawn point even if there is more of them, because with compas, they won’t be “the leftmost spawn (wait, what? where the fuck is left? no no no! the other left!” but simply “northern spawn”. Map can be added too but it is really not a priority.

• I still get lost on Hillside, instead of defending the trebuchets I end up behind enemy lines with nothing to do except stab agatha in the back when they spawn.