Catapult cam?

• Can we have the middle mouse button catapult follow cam to make it a bit easier to decide were to aim? The ballista has it now I don’t see why the catapult shouldn’t.

• I’d like this too, but I think it just might be a bug that you can’t (some people claim it works in the tutorial or something?). It’s on the bug list anyway.

• I wouldn’t like to be on the receiving end.

• I’d like this too. Especially as when the catapult is over 3 notches, you don’t see ANY impact graphics. It simply dissapears into the mists, with the only indication of whether you hit anything or not being the kill notifications. Kinda hard to judge how far off you were.

• @BobT36:

I’d like this too. Especially as when the catapult is over 3 notches, you don’t see ANY impact graphics. It simply dissapears into the mists, with the only indication of whether you hit anything or not being the kill notifications. Kinda hard to judge how far off you were.

Exactly!

• If they fix it there will be a lot of fighting over the catapult. You would be able to clear out archers with ease.

• Wait, there isn’t a catapult cam?

Last time I checked there was. You could follow the catapult ball when fired.

• Also imagine ballista cam? Seeing it soar through the air with the body infront of it. XD

I’ve tried it Lemon and never got it to work, what map did you use that on? :S

• I kind of like the catapult as is…… Without some teammates telling you where to shoot, your just a guy chucking boulders blind. It forces you to use teamwork, or risk killing friend and foe alike.

• Catapult cam, that is a brilliant idea. So anytime someone gets on the catapult and does mega TK with it we can view the catapult cam and activate the hot lead to pour over the catapultist….?
    Brilliant. 8-)

• @amrtin:

I kind of like the catapult as is…… Without some teammates telling you where to shoot, your just a guy chucking boulders blind. It forces you to use teamwork, or risk killing friend and foe alike.

I usually get team mates kicking me off it and smashing it. :(

(Even BEFORE I TK half the team and one or two masons…)

• @BobT36:

Also imagine ballista cam? Seeing it soar through the air with the body infront of it. XD

All of maps with catapults and all maps with ballistas except for hillside but I haven’t tried on hillside.

Am I just lucky?

• @lemonater47:

@BobT36:

Also imagine ballista cam? Seeing it soar through the air with the body infront of it. XD

All of maps with catapults and all maps with ballistas except for hillside but I haven’t tried on hillside.

Am I just lucky?

Uhhh the arrow cam is definitely not working on anything BUT the tutorial. This has been a known bug since release.

• @ReMixx:

@lemonater47:

@BobT36:

Am I just lucky?

Uhhh the arrow cam is definitely not working on anything BUT the tutorial. This has been a known bug since release.

I’ve been playing on a private server with bots and a few friends mostly. I’ll test it on a public server. Haven’t played much. But it works at least on the server I play on that usually is just full of bots. When its on.

And I’ve seen videos of people with the ballista can working against real people. As I’ve seen a video with a body stuck to it. On citidel.

• @lemonater47:

I’ve been playing on a private server with bots and a few friends mostly. I’ll test it on a public server. Haven’t played much. But it works at least on the server I play on that usually is just full of bots. When its on.

And I’ve seen videos of people with the ballista can working against real people. As I’ve seen a video with a body stuck to it. On citidel.

Hmmmmmm maybe bots have something to do with it. Time to takeover an empty Official Server and investigate.

Edit: Just tried on an official server with lots and lots of bots. No catacam, but definitely ballistacam.

• Agatha supports this.

• @ReMixx:

@lemonater47:

Hmmmmmm maybe bots have something to do with it. Time to takeover an empty Official Server and investigate.

Edit: Just tried on an official server with lots and lots of bots. No catacam, but definitely ballistacam.

Hahaha I figured it out.

If you play in complete single player mode catapult can works. Like start up a map on your own computer.

So its all singleplayer options tutorial included.

It did work in the beta.

• @amrtin:

I kind of like the catapult as is…… Without some teammates telling you where to shoot, your just a guy chucking boulders blind. It forces you to use teamwork, or risk killing friend and foe alike.

Even if you know where you want to shoot, it is kinda hard to really hit there if you cannot see where your rock actually landed… this would require constant team communication, which hardly ever happens. I think this would be fine if the catapult was actually more effective, but as it is I don’t see why a good artillerist shouldn’t be able to use a catapult effectively on his own, like a Ballista. You would probably be as valuable for your team as a good archer or at least as valuable as if you were at the front fighting since catapults aren’t exactly killing machines… just in a different and possibly more fun way than usual.

Also, catapult cam works fine in single player (create game).

I’m all in for it.

• It is a very powerful weapon if you have a couple of guys on skype guiding your shots… Ive gotten over 40 kills with the catapult alone that way once, with minimal friendly fire. It can be game changing, but requires teamwork. Im fine with a working cam, but I think as it is its a nice reward for cooperation.

• But there already is a catapult cam and ballista cam. :?

Sure, it doesn’t work on a lot of servers but I’m almost 100% sure that they exist.

I just tried it in a bot game, catapult cam worked on only Battlegrounds for me.