Windup

• Is it just me, or does the windup animation on some weapons give an extra edge to defense. Hear me out here, when attacking those who use two handed weapons from behind whilst they simultaneously perform an overhead attack i have found that they often get a free head hit on me. I don’t know about you but the amount of times this has happened to me has become a bit frustrating. I go in for a sneak attack on a knight who is currently bashing my team with a maul, as soon as i get close he does an overhead and instantly connects with my frail skull from behind his back. It seems unfair that i could be killed with such an attack seeing as the maul has no velocity and is stagnant for a short time behind the knight’s back. i have also experienced this when going for a vanguard’s back who is swinging a 2 handed long-sword or similar weapon. I can see how this could happen at the end of a swing but why the beginning? Thanks, let me know your feeling or comments towards this.

• Yes. This is really annoying but a good solution would be to put momentum on swings.

• Yeah this is annoying and can be exploited by 3rd person view.
    “Oh someones coming up behind me” -> overhead, kill player behind me / feint
    “now where was i?” -> back to player in front again.

• @giantyak:

Yeah this is annoying and can be exploited by 3rd person view.
    “Oh someones coming up behind me” -> overhead, kill player behind me / feint
    “now where was i?” -> back to player in front again.

You could do this…

g9xlaISxn6Y

• This sucks whenever my teammates have Zweihanders and they spam their LMB. If i’m behind them, I will randomly be hit by their weapons. The angle at which the weapon does damage needs to be changed, and it needs to have a damage to momentum effect on it. I hate it when an enemy can get maximum damage when I’m 90 degrees to the right of his attack.

• @LazyBoy:

This sucks whenever my teammates have Zweihanders and they spam their LMB. If i’m behind them, I will randomly be hit by their weapons. The angle at which the weapon does damage needs to be changed, and it needs to have a damage to momentum effect on it. I hate it when an enemy can get maximum damage when I’m 90 degrees to the right of his attack.

90 degrees?

I get fucking hit when I’m almost at 180 degrees directly behind an enemy and their fucking back swing nicks me for 1trillion damage.

• @Slaughtervomit:

You could do this…

g9xlaISxn6Y

OMFG. This really needs some tweaking…

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

OMFG. This really needs some tweaking…

Really? :D

• All they really need to do is change where the hit traces start. Shouldn’t be too terribly hard to do. This should be done for most weapons; the weapon should be swinging for .1s or perhaps .2s before the hit trace begins, as a rule of thumb.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, this might not be as easy to do as I thought. It might be coded so that the instant a weapon enters its Release phase, hit traces begin. That should change, if possible.

• It turns out this is really an issue. Today I discovered you can’t do overhead with you back to the wall. The overhead windup goes too backwards and the tracers are activated in the wall so the weapon is stopped like as if it hit a ceiling.

This topic should be moved to bugs.