Stab broken on some weapons?

• Kind of sick of people running directly up my weapon (thereby impaling themselves on my spear/ greatsword/pilum) when i have already queued my windup long before they have come and hit me with their dagger or short 1h weapon. In effect its like the dagger, shortsword, 1h axe are longer then said 2h weapon. In some cases my hit lands but their hit is not cancelled (even though i attacked well before they did) and their hit still lands.

Why does the entire front part of these a fore mentioned weapons become meaningless in this way? Its completely inconsistent with the kills that people score at their back with kills on windup of an overhead.
    Or compared to when you’re too close to the halberd, maul, or butt of the spear on the beginning of a windup, and get hit off the windup.

• I’ve never experienced this before? Everything seems perfectly fine for me. To make them cancel their attack with your own hit, you need to hit them during the wind-up period, any later and their attack will still carry out.

• I’m kinda sick of stab dragging and getting impaled on a Zweihander that is aiming 2 feet to my left

• Ya i know, what i find however, is that with a number of weapons i have started to use swing instead of stab because i know its more reliable in terms of successfully “hitting” when it should. Its as if when i stab my weapon is super short, but when i swing its the normal length….and this is with the spear and great sword…Its so lame being out reached by someone with a dagger or short sword when you know you wound up for stab with spear/greatsword already before they began their windup.

• @Swagatha:

I’m kinda sick of stab dragging and getting impaled on a Zweihander that is aiming 2 feet to my left

I’ve noticed the brandistock does that too.
    I’m only bothered by the Zweihander when its aim at my feet, at its full range it becomes harder to block/parry it ‘successfully’.
    The Zweihander could be a solution. It does seem that slow weapons can be exploited better, though, i’m more interested in the faster weapons.

• @Matti:

I’ve never experienced this before? Everything seems perfectly fine for me. To make them cancel their attack with your own hit, you need to hit them during the wind-up period, any later and their attack will still carry out.

You must be blind then!

best example of the this is spear or brandistock against charging vanguard using 2 handed sword, ie, zweihander. he can be in mid flight with sword to the rear, you get a hit, he grunts, blood splash on floor he still moves forward and continues the swing and gets a hit triple to yours.

So you need to look abit harder!

Another good stab problem!

If your nose to nose with a opponent who’s armed with a 2 handed sword (average length of 6 ft) how in that’s all holy can he manage to squeeze it between the two of you (say 2 feet) to get a stab in?
    Bet you havern’t seen that either.

• You can’t flinch charge-attacking vanguards. The attack is pretty useless nevertheless.

• @Falc:

You can’t flinch charge-attacking vanguards. The attack is pretty useless nevertheless.

On the upside, we should be seeing some significant buffs to the Vanguard sprint attack… at some point.

• Oh man, I love sidestepping a charger and hacking his head off while he is recovering :lol:

@Martin:

On the upside, we should be seeing some significant buffs to the Vanguard sprint attack… at some point.

What kind of buffs? Damage?

• It’s a secret, I have said too much already.

• @Martin:

It’s a secret, I have said too much already.

Ok, sorry I asked. Don’t wanna get anyone in trouble… :lol:

• @Martin:

@Falc:

You can’t flinch charge-attacking vanguards. The attack is pretty useless nevertheless.

Yeah that’s great because what Vanguards need are more buffs :roll:

Whatever it is I hope it doesn’t just lead to more team damage from n00bish Vanguards flailing around.

• The Vanguard charge is completely pointless. It’s like the worst backstab ever. I think it would be balanced if it was unblockable (if you change the sword charges to overhand swings) or drained all stamina on a hit.

• @Helgeran:

The Vanguard charge is completely pointless. It’s like the worst backstab ever. I think it would be balanced if it was unblockable (if you change the sword charges to overhand swings) or drained all stamina on a hit.

I say drain all the HP in one hit!!! MWAHAHAHAHA

Make it unblockable, it’s still useless… Sidestep and you get a free hit or two.

I say make the charge attack cause a 360 1080 4789264 degree spin that only hits enemies and misses allies. This attack also makes the vanguard invincible except against sling rocks. (he only takes half damage from slings in this state)

• @coldstreamer:

@Matti:

I’ve never experienced this before? Everything seems perfectly fine for me. To make them cancel their attack with your own hit, you need to hit them during the wind-up period, any later and their attack will still carry out.

best example of the this is spear or brandistock against charging vanguard using 2 handed sword, ie, zweihander. he can be in mid flight with sword to the rear, you get a hit, he grunts, blood splash on floor he still moves forward and continues the swing and gets a hit triple to yours.

Another good stab problem!
    If your nose to nose with a opponent who’s armed with a 2 handed sword (average length of 6 ft) how in that’s all holy can he manage to squeeze it between the two of you (say 2 feet) to get a stab in?

I can second this going on with the Zweihander. It’s mainly frustrating because the zweihander does so much more damage then the spear.

In my experience the 2h sword stabs me when we’re nose to nose, but my spear does not register a hit at close range in this situation.

I hate VG’s special move because depending in terrain i either leap too short or 2meters past my target!!! The worst part is when your sprinting in for an attack and you want a normal attack and just as you execute your normal attack it turns out you reached the range for your special attack and you leap past your enemy attacking the empty space 2m behind them :(

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Helgeran:

The Vanguard charge is completely pointless. It’s like the worst backstab ever. I think it would be balanced if it was unblockable (if you change the sword charges to overhand swings) or drained all stamina on a hit.

I say drain all the HP in one hit!!! MWAHAHAHAHA

Make it unblockable, it’s still useless… Sidestep and you get a free hit or two.

I say make the charge attack cause a 360 1080 4789264 degree spin that only hits enemies and misses allies. This attack also makes the vanguard invincible except against sling rocks. (he only takes half damage from slings in this state)

Theres a difference between fixing something that needs addressing and turning the game into WoW/diablo2/3.
    I’d rather just see the VG special move removed or to activate it you’d double click to make it happen. I can’t stand leaping past my opponent when what i was expecting to do was a standard attack but because i reach ‘x’ number of paces i do the exact opposite of what i wanted.
    As for unblockable VG move…no.

• @giantyak:

Theres a difference between fixing something that needs addressing and turning the game into WoW/diablo2/3.
    I’d rather just see the VG special move removed or to activate it you’d double click to make it happen. I can’t stand leaping past my opponent when what i was expecting to do was a standard attack but because i reach ‘x’ number of paces i do the exact opposite of what i wanted.
    As for unblockable VG move…no.

'twas a joke, friend. :)

I sorta agree… Vanguards should get something neat as a special ability, but current sprint attack isn’t it…(Except falcon punch omgomgomg love that thing)

Maybe give them a type of “power swing” that you can somehow charge up, it has a long windup, but causes a crapload of damage…

• @Slaughtervomit:

@giantyak:

….

'twas a joke, friend. :)
    I sorta agree… Vanguards should get something neat as a special ability, but current sprint attack isn’t it…(Except falcon punch omgomgomg love that thing)
    Maybe give them a type of “power swing” that you can somehow charge up, it has a long windup, but causes a crapload of damage…

I figured as much ;) ,
    i half wondered if the one you quoted was attempting a bit of a trollol.
    This idea of yours is good, what if after sprinting ‘x’ paces you can hold attack to prime windup and then when you’re ready you release the attack button and you get your swing release. It’d look cool and you get the benefit of no windup, but because its under your control you don’t suffer unexpected leaps….

• I would love to be able to combo out of the Vanguard charge.

• Vanguard charge was useful when everybody was noob, now I stopped using it entirely from the reasons listed above (too small reach / too far reach depending on the terrain; it ruins your classical swing attacks when it kicks in unexpectedly).