Multiple kill

• I know its fun sometimes and looks sweet but, after a while it just leaves a arcade feel to the combat.

This is especially true of tiny weapons, blunt weapons, and hell even large blades now that i think about it.

Does anyone else think game play would change for the better with more realistic collision and eliminating this?

• I am massively in favour of multi-kills because not only is it fun, but you can actually take on multiple people without feeling useless.

• Do you mean killing multiple enemies with one attack or taking them on 4 to 1?

• @Matti:

Do you mean killing multiple enemies with one attack or taking them on 4 to 1?

Maces hitting 4 people at a time, every swing sometimes.

• How is this unbalanced?

• @NabsterHax:

How is this unbalanced?

Its just silly to me and I wondered how many others thought it.

• best multiple kill happened to me today,
    I came up behind a man at arms attacking one of my team. man at arms through out a stab at my team mate …… and he got us both!!!

WTF!!! was my question in chat
    Asked team mate if man at arms was facing him … he said yes and it was a stab

Yet another glitch!

• I once killed three people with a spear charge.

Never change.

Also fighting vs. groups would be fucking impossible if you couldn’t hit more than one. Even if you don’t damage all of them you might still force a parry and thus protect yourself.

• They did test only being able to hit one person. But it either had to be less realistic or make it really clunky.

So they did it the fun way :).

• I agree its kind of fun at times but overall leaves a gamey arcade feel after a while.

• If you ever watched Deadliest Warrior and the Claymore Test with the heads, you’d find such a comment about no Multikills being allowed a tad silly.

• Without being able to strike through someone you couldn’t combo, this wouldn’t exactly be a small change.

• @Warhawk66:

Maces hitting 4 people at a time, every swing sometimes.

Is this what you mean?

[image:1f7fgq7n]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me43o7K7YD1ro2d43.gif[/image:1f7fgq7n]

• I think archers need some love.

Have an arrow go through multiple people.

And if you swing your bow left to right the arrow follows the same path so you can stab multiples.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

If you ever watched Deadliest Warrior and the Claymore Test with the heads, you’d find such a comment about no Multikills being allowed a tad silly.

I have watched every episode. Which episode has a weapon slice through 3 or 4 armored bodies?

• @Warhawk66:

I have watched every episode. Which episode has a weapon slice through 3 or 4 armored bodies?

In real life a sword wouldn’t even hurt one armored body.

• @Helgeran:

@Warhawk66:

In real life a sword wouldn’t even hurt one armored body.

define armour…… against plate armour every weapon was a club. designed or not, and was used to batter them to the floor. Then a stiletto blade was pushed through helmet vision slits or under the armpit.

• @gregcau:

I think archers need some love.

Have an arrow go through multiple people.

And if you swing your bow left to right the arrow follows the same path so you can stab multiples.

Definitely.

And I’m actually serious about the first part, my heavy xbow needs piercing.

• @Warhawk66:

@Cpt-Praxius:

If you ever watched Deadliest Warrior and the Claymore Test with the heads, you’d find such a comment about no Multikills being allowed a tad silly.

Ah, goal post shifting are we?

The title of this thread is about multi kills and subject was about how unrealistic they were, which they aren’t. In the episode I mentioned they simulated how the claymore sword had the reach and power to lop off multiple heads in a single strike if done properly…. I ended up doing this in game, and seen many others do similar.

But now you want to narrow the argument to a sword slicing through multiple sets of armour at once?

while a nice deflection to make it seem killing more than one person in a single swing would be impossible, keep in mind that when this happens in the game, those who die have already been injured a lot in most cases and thus, would simulate soldiers not only wounded, but wearing damaged armour with exposed areas of their bodies.

If I used enough force with a mace and plowed through your face, it is very likely I would still be able to carry through my swing towards another seriously injured and exposed guy and either kill them as well or at least take them out of the battle with a mortal wound.

If I slash at a throat with a dagger, I could slice one guy and the follow through with the swing could slash or stab someone next to them.

With a sword, lop a head and hack into an arm or leg of someone else.

if you think a weapon will just magically stop moving forward after killing someone and not hit anybody around them with the follow through, be that by deflection or pass-through, then I don’t know what world you live in.

• I like the fact that momentum isn’t lost when you swing through people. You’re right that it is not realistic, but if it was, it would be much more difficult to fight 1v2+, do well in FFA, or KoTH.