I Tried A Special Attack

• So I tried to only use the “Lookup backwards overhead” attack in a TO game… Needless to say I went in the negative. But… OH MY GOD, it was SO satisfying to get a kill with it.

If you’re unfamiliar with this move, this is pretty much it:

g9xlaISxn6Y

• Yeah, it’s mechanics like these that make me go “at first I lol’d, but then I serious’d” and I would rather it disappear completely and forget it ever existed.

• Oh wow… Must be so confusing for the victims. :P

• Funny I just watched the new Silent Hill and there is quite a resemblance.

• You haven’t lived until you’ve done backwards boxing.

• LOL WTF can’t stop LOLing watching this video. Soo funny, yet soo silly such mechanic in game. :D

• Things like these get me to think: Did no one at TB ever THINK about what they are implementing? Hit tracers starting behind you? Yeah let’s do this! :D

• Id like to think the people that died to that started drinking early lol.

• If you haven’t tried this attack, you should. It is hard to pull off, but that’s the fun! I find crouching makes it a bit easier at times and also helps prevent some spam from hitting you.

• @Falc:

Things like these get me to think: Did no one at TB ever THINK about what they are implementing? Hit tracers starting behind you? Yeah let’s do this! :D

Half Chivalry’s Gameplay is lacking common sense.
    But the other half is great!

• Try that in first person. I’ve done it accedently. And mostly to my own team.

• You should try vanguard with the alternative overhead on halberd.? Its hysterical.

• Have you guys tried it with the new and improved bearded axe? Its like turing on a meatgrinder lol

• @Anonymoose:

Have you guys tried it with the new and improved bearded axe? Its like turing on a meatgrinder lol

Actually, thats the one I did the best with :lol:

I also tried zweihander, maul, and longsword.

• i know which pro strategy i’m going to use against pro archers in my next duel.

• @Slaughtervomit:

If you haven’t tried this attack, you should. It is hard to pull off, but that’s the fun! I find crouching makes it a bit easier at times and also helps prevent some spam from hitting you.

Wouldn’t work for me, I only use 1st person 8-)

Leaves you open for an overhead onto your face if timed right though.

• @Martin:

Yeah, it’s mechanics like these that make me go “at first I lol’d, but then I serious’d” and I would rather it disappear completely and forget it ever existed.

I agree, it’s one thing for something unrealistic but fun like hitting multiple people with one swing to be in the game, but stuff like this is just completely immersion breaking. Plus I hate when I’m in TO and you get killed by the backswing of a team mate standing in front of you or your about to hit an enemy in the back but they someone manage to kill you with a backswing.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@Slaughtervomit:

If you haven’t tried this attack, you should. It is hard to pull off, but that’s the fun! I find crouching makes it a bit easier at times and also helps prevent some spam from hitting you.

Wouldn’t work for me, I only use 1st person 8-)

Leaves you open for an overhead onto your face if timed right though.

To be clear, the video wasn’t me, nor was it recorded by me.

I was actually doing the move in first person… I tried third, but I am HORRIBLE in third person… I quickly switched back to first.

• I’ve been killed by standing overheads… and swings… While being behind the enemy.

Being an MAA is hard sometimes, y’know?

• @Dr:

@Martin:

Yeah, it’s mechanics like these that make me go “at first I lol’d, but then I serious’d” and I would rather it disappear completely and forget it ever existed.

I agree, it’s one thing for something unrealistic but fun like hitting multiple people with one swing to be in the game, but stuff like this is just completely immersion breaking. Plus I hate when I’m in TO and you get killed by the backswing of a team mate standing in front of you or your about to hit an enemy in the back but they someone manage to kill you with a backswing.

A sword could easily hit multiple targets with 1 thrust/slash IRL. Also backswing IRL would be deadly with some weapons, especially bladed weapons, just maybe not to the extent they do ingame. The wielder is still applying force to swing the blade and would drag it across your face/neck/torso and wound you (at least with non armored foes, but in this game that is already sacrificed with any weapon doing damage to armor).