Love this game, but…

• 1. Guys running around starring at their feet and LMBing…
    2. MAA’s hopping around like a f-ing jack russel on crack…
    3. The dude fisting me to death through my tower shield…
    4. The guy who parries my 16lbs maul with his 16oz dagger…
    5. The nearly unblockable weapons…

All totally stupid…

While there are other ways to fix these, here are my suggestions which should require no new mechanics so less testing, work and balancing needed:
    1. Default to 3rd person cam = off from ‘official’ server settings (i.e. user must turn it on allow)
    2. Increase stam drain from dodge
    3. Fists should have zero effect on shield
    4. increase stam drain from 2h weapons hits
    5. instead of each weapon having unique block characteristics, normalize weapon block/parry target size/shape so there are only 3 types/sizes 1h, 2h short and 2h long. This not a perfect solution at all, but at least it would be consistent and folks can adapt (and it requires little work I would think). A better solution would take both the Attacker and Defenders weapon size in a ‘rock, paper scissor’ model when calculating a block but that would require a pile of dev/testing resources to implement and balance.

Other than these flawed mechanics and a few annoying bugs i’d love to see fixed, great game!!

• Only point i can agree with is the first one. 3rd person really should be forbidden only because of those cowards staring to the ground an spaming.

• @NIB:

Only point i can agree with is the first one. 3rd person really should be forbidden only because of those cowards staring to the ground an spaming.

You think the spam would be better in first person.

Oh dear…

• @MrClark:

4. increase stam drain from 2h weapons hits

This is already in the game?

• @Matti:

This is already in the game?

further increase…

• @gregcau:

@NIB:

3rd person makes it much easier to pull off effective bent-over ankle spamming. Upright spamming is annoying, but not stupid… running around in 3rd person cutting the grass is, IMHO. Also, this is said to be a first person game (when you register on the forums it even asks that very question to prove you are human!!) so why not default to play in first person? If server admins want 3rd they can add it.

• @MrClark:

If server admins want 3rd they can add it.

In general for pubs 1st person would mean people couldn’t see their friends so friendly fire would be rampant.

The server admins that wanted 1st already changed it - and most clan servers already did unless you think the server admins aren’t smart enough to configure their servers.

Official servers are not going to restrict the game to 1st person, they created 3rd for a reason.

• @gregcau:

Oh dear…

Its not about spam in general. Its about someone facing the ground and spaming, which is a whole different lvl of noob. In 1st person noone would do that, cause they cant see their enemies then.

• Another lack of skill tear thread. The only valid complaint would be third person vs first person imbalance. As to the rest, l2p.

• @NIB:

Its not about spam in general. Its about someone facing the ground and spaming, which is a whole different lvl of noob. In 1st person noone would do that, cause they cant see their enemies then.

I don’t need to see my enemy to know where or what he is doing. In saying that, I don’t face the ground to spam attack…. I will crouch and face the ground to duck under a swing and sometimes I’ll crouch to attack below a shield or parry and hit along the legs, but that’s about it.

With all these threads I keep seeing with people complaining about excessive this or that, I don’t know what servers you guys play on, but I very, VERY rarely see any of these issues and if I do, they’re very easy to counter & demolish those clowns.

MMA’s running around and dodging everything in sight?

Good, let them… eventually they run out of stamina in a few seconds and then they’re as good as dead.

A guy punching through your shield?

I block em all the time with my shield and then end up killing them for their efforts since they can’t block any weapons.

Parrying a Maul with a Dagger?

One can deflect and it’s easier to just show a parry than create a whole new set of actions… plus there’s a heavy stamina drain from blocking the Maul. And what do you expect? Someone with a Dagger or short sword shouldn’t be able to parry a bigger weapon?? So you just want some cheap easy kill against someone who can’t block or parry any of your attacks?

Please.

Nearly Unblockable Weapons?

They’re all easily blockable if you know what you’re doing… learn.

And I can’t agree with any of your suggested fixes. We already have enough people complaining about the changes that have occurred from the last patch… what you’d suggest would be another complete set of heavy changes that would screw people’s tactics up even further, thus having to relearn everything all over again…

… Followed by more pages of threads of more people coming in here complaining and moaning like you are now about various game mechanics that don’t suit their expectations.

You can’t please everybody and even if the devs catered to your requests/demands, you’d still end up with others coming in here complaining about your requested/demanded changes.

So what do the devs do?? Change things again… then wait for the next list of complaints and change things again… and again and again??

I say they should stick to what they have now with perhaps a few minor tweaks here and there… then say "OK, this is the core of the game…. it’s done… now we’re going to do performance tweaks and more content."

• i look down sometimes and spam over head but im in fp

iv suggested game filter for first person only games etc

• @Avallac:

Another lack of skill tear thread. The only valid complaint would be third person vs first person imbalance. As to the rest, l2p.

^

• Maybe rather then trolling a newcomer for not being as good as you at something you’ve had the opportunity to practice you should consider this:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9763
    Read in full.

• @giantyak:

Maybe rather then trolling a newcomer for not being as good as you at something you’ve had the opportunity to practice you should consider this:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9763
    Read in full.

What does a Viking shield (which chivalry doesn’t have at all) realism thread have anything to do with his complaints?

• @MrClark:

I am bad and I demand you change the game to suit me.

Not the game’s fault, please stop making utterly ridiculous demands.

• @Avallac:

Another lack of skill tear thread. The only valid complaint would be third person vs first person imbalance. As to the rest, l2p.

I also feel the guy is probably just really inexperienced so maybe frame 3 doesn’t work right… But again, this is all I am seeing from you…

[image:lhdbc3sk]http://i47.tinypic.com/33nj1qw.jpg[/image:lhdbc3sk]

• Way off the mark Slaughter, since he’s wrong about absolutely everything in his post. You can clearly see from it that he hasn’t even begun to crest the learning curve and came here crying after getting slaughtered, apparently a few times by a guy punching him around his shield, which is hilarious.

• @Daiyuki:

Way off the mark Slaughter, since he’s wrong about absolutely everything in his post. You can clearly see from it that he hasn’t even begun to crest the learning curve and came here crying after getting slaughtered, apparently a few times by a guy punching him around his shield, which is hilarious.

That’s all well and good, but all I see from that guy in every thread is “L2P, baddie” Never constructive criticism, never a respectful disagreement, never anything except “L2P” and calling people noobs and baddies…

The guy can have his opinion even if he isn’t experienced or correct in any fact statements… The problem isn’t that I disagree with the guy being new, it’s the delivery of a disagreement. It’s pretty much flaming the guy by insulting him.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Daiyuki:

Way off the mark Slaughter, since he’s wrong about absolutely everything in his post. You can clearly see from it that he hasn’t even begun to crest the learning curve and came here crying after getting slaughtered, apparently a few times by a guy punching him around his shield, which is hilarious.

That’s all well and good, but all I see from that guy in every thread is “L2P, baddie” Never constructive criticism, never a respectful disagreement, never anything except “L2P” and calling people noobs and baddies…

The guy can have his opinion even if he isn’t experienced or correct in any fact statements… The problem isn’t that I disagree with the guy being new, it’s the delivery of a disagreement. It’s pretty much flaming the guy by insulting him.

He is blaming the game and demanding changes to cater to him being terrible at a game he doesn’t understand. Why would anyone be respectful of that?

• @Daiyuki:

He is blaming the game and demanding changes to cater to him being terrible at a game he doesn’t understand. Why would anyone be respectful of that?

Point taken. I guess I’m just tired of seeing “L2P, baddies” everywhere that guy goes. I’ll drop it.
    After this quote coming directly from the search feature of the terms “baddies” and “l2p” in his posts.
    ;)

Not that you would ever understand, fundamentalist baddie.

Baddie ragecry thread. I’ve been to a duel server with a lot of good players today, and guess what? I maybe got tricked by a fent twice, out of 20 times they tired to faint me. L2P.

baddies crying about being stomped by someone who know more than LMB.

They’d most likely get stomped as any clanless baddie who cries about feints. Let me guess, you are not good enough to be in a clan at all?

K7 stance on it is l2p.

A minority of baddies want feints changed/removed.

L2P or go skyrim.

Baddies will cry.
    /thread