[WEP] How to get kills with a dagger.

• It is very tough and frustrating indeed but I will show you how to get kills.

WEAKEN YOUR ENEMY

It will be hard if you only have a dagger and you battle a knight. How about weakening your enemy? Your enemy will take less hits to die. And you will most likely get a kill.

CHOOSE YOUR ENEMY

It takes about 3 slices with a dagger to kill a MAA/Archer. So why not target them? You wouldn’t want to challenge a knight with a dagger. Your weapon will strike quickly and will most likely kill them. They will also most likely come to you.

LURE YOUR ENEMY

Even if you are skilled with a dagger. Nearby opponents will most likely bring the fight to you. They will think you are weak. Make sure that when the enemy comes to you try to attack first. It will catch them off guard and will give you a chance to kill them with a combo.

TRICK YOUR ENEMY
    So they will think you are weak with a dagger. When they come to you this will give you a chance to switch to a primary this will give you a greater chance of getting a kill. Remember when your opponent has low health switch to your dagger!

Did this help?

• Archer backstab is a huge deal. Footwork to the back would mean a heavy hit. Personally, I only stab (scroll up one)…

Also, timing your hits between parries (if they’re parry spamming) can mean repeated hits or a kill.

Making them whiff is important too… Can duck under horizontal slashes or stand right out of their range and move in while they are recovering…

• @Slaughtervomit:

Archer backstab is a huge deal. Footwork to the back would mean a heavy hit. Personally, I only stab (scroll up one)…

Also, timing your hits between parries (if they’re parry spamming) can mean repeated hits or a kill.

Making them whiff is important too… Can duck under horizontal slashes or stand right out of their range and move in while they are recovering…

Thanks

• When it comes to being an Archer with a dagger, I’ve ended up taking down more Knights and Vanguards than I have other Archers or MAA’s…. and it’s usually due to the speed difference.

I generally use the Thrust Attack the most, due to fast strikes & range, with a few overhead attacks to change things up. When against a 2handed player, thrusts are the way to go, as if they miss a parry, you can just go nuts with constant thrust attacks and they will usually continue to screw up their timing with parries and drop in a few seconds.

When against players with a shield, go for the overhead attacks and aim left or right of their heads… this generally allows you to get over their shield and again… go nuts like a crazed hornet and don’t let up.

Being defensive while using a dagger is a death wish… it may not seem to make sense, but with the dagger, you must be more aggressive than any of the bigger classes and just not let up.

If they parry/block your attacks, kick em and then thrust… and thrust and thrust and thrust… poke as many holes in them as you can.

I had a few laughs in Duel as an Archer against Knights as I just never let up on them and many of the replies were sort of shock from dying from a crazed little archer with his dagger… but it’s a 50/50 pattern… if you start off getting hits in, the rest of the combat follows the same pattern… if you don’t get hits in right away, chances are you’re going to get diced.

If a big guy comes in with an M1 swing, Duck and then quickly turn around facing their back and strike for additional damage with the back stab buff the archer gets.

• Oh and btw Bob I had no idea who was doing that the whole time! :lolz: