Religious Battlecries

• These existed a lot in the Middle Ages, and would be extremely epic in-game. I think there are a few already, but not enough. Plus I’ve seen crosses in game (Agatha Heraldry and some in the throneroom).

• Give us some examples? Sounds interesting.

• During the crusades, Deus vult was a very common war cry for crusaders. It means “God wills it” in latin. So maybe yelling that in English for pressing “c” while sprinting? Would be pretty epic

• Can Masons worship Satan then?

I disagree that religion should be added in game whatsoever. This world is fiction. There would be no need for it… Besides, those people who push for political correctness would have a cow…

• If this game claimed to be somewhat historical accurate, this would be a good thing to add. But it isnt. We dont even know if they have any religion at all in agatha.

Also no battle cry can be more badass than the mason knights: “bring me their heads” and " today is a good day to die" :D

• There is religion in the game, in Agathian Heraldry and the Agathian Throne room there are golden crosses.

• @adamcel6:

There is religion in the game, in Agathian Heraldry and the Agathian Throne room there are golden crosses.

The cross symbol isn’t exclusive to religion. In any case, it’s clear these are only stylistic and aesthetic choices, not an introduction of religion into the game, which is something we can do without.
    Chivalry aims to be a realistic game, not a historically authentic game. For all we know, it isn’t even set on earth.
    Imagine if religion had been shoehorned into The Lord of The Rings for example.

• The Agatha knight does say " Have faith, good will prevails!" does that count?

• @akazi:

The Agatha knight does say " Have faith, good will prevails!" does that count?

I think he means to have faith in the good overcoming the evil. Not to have faith in God.

• i think agathians believe in a politeist religion.

• There are several religions in the lands of Agatha, ultimately, you can’t really assign a religion to a character without expanding on it. The best you could do is insert “God” somewhere but I think it’s best it’d be left out

• fictional gods would work. real gods (of any kind of religion odin, god, or any other guy) would kinda creep me a lil dont htink that fits. but some fake gods like beliar and innos. why the fuck not?XD

INNOS GRANT ME YOUR STRENGHT!

• Thunder God
    Sun God
    Death God
    Seas God
    War God
    Fire God.

• Well, that gives me some pretty cool ideas like:

For the Fire God!
    For the Sea God!
    For the War God!
    For the Death God!

I feel so creative.

• But king Argon grew restless with the piss…
    so he declared a crusade upon the strange lands to the south.

But I agree that “crusade” doesn’t have to used in a strict religious context.

• Might be fun so long as the religion(s) are entirely fictional. No abrahamic religions, hindu, paganism, etc.

Every fantasy universe tends to have it’s own deities. Even a mundane fantasy of Chivalry could have it. It also leads to some helmet ideas!

• Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne! :D

I don’t know, it all just depends on the game’s lore and there is not much of that currently. You can make it with just knowing there are blue guys and red guys. In the game, you will notice that the blue guys cry like the fags they are while the red guys’ shouts are full of their ultimate manly manliness. That’s about all you need to know right now. I would let the religion sleep in the background.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

In the game, you will notice that the blue guys cry like the fags they are while the red guys’ shouts are full of their ultimate manly manliness. That’s about all you need to know right now. I would let the religion sleep in the background.

Its easy to be manly when you know you are respawning next to the ballista.

• @gregcau:

Its easy to be manly when you know you are respawning next to the ballista.

Then explain Stoneshill

[image:29x8sidk]http://djriskone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/oh-snap.jpg[/image:29x8sidk]