Flinch ignored when daze stun animation ends

• Flinch recovery time is ignored at the end of a daze (stamina exhaustion stun) or special daze (shield kick stun).
    What this means is: even if someone hits you a millisecond before the stun animation finishes, you can attack back immediately once the stun ends.

• you say that hiting a flinched enemy will cancel the flinch?
    thats good for me.

• @soni2295:

you say that hitting a flinched enemy will cancel the flinch?
    thats good for me.

You’re confusing me. Let’s try to keep the terms unique (at least according to how Martin defines them).

-Flinch: The state you are in when you are successfully hit with a weapon and cannot attack for a small delay but you can still parry/block.

-Daze: The stun animation that plays when you successfully block/parry an attack with insufficient or no stamina remaining. Can’t block, move or attack while it happens.

-Special Daze: The extended stun animation that plays when you are kicked with your shield raised. Can’t block, move or attack while it happens.

So to reiterate once more what this bug is. When someone hits you while you are dazed/special dazed, the flinch state does not carry over after a daze ends so you can attack immediately.

So even if someone lands a sword in your face 0.01 seconds before the end of the daze/special daze stun animation, you can start swinging immediately 0.01 seconds later when the daze animation ends.

From what I’ve tested so far, it doesn’t work the way you’re describing. Being hit during a daze doesn’t prematurely stop the daze animation from finishing.

• then i should change:

@soni2295:

you say that hiting a flinched enemy will cancel the flinch?
    thats good for me.

to:

you say that hiting a DAZED enemy will cancel the DAZE and not FLINCH?
    thats good for me.

• @soni2295:

thats good for me.

I believe he is saying you don’t flinch while still dazed.

Probably a good thing, nobody wants to be in a constant state of flized (flinched or dazed).

• I think dazed and deflected are the only two states where you still aren’t flinched, so flinch should finally be completely consistent soon.

• @soni2295:

then i should change:

@soni2295:

thats good for me.

to:

thats good for me.

No. Again, hitting a dazed enemy doesn’t cancel the daze.
    Let me explain once more: The special daze lasts 1.2 seconds and for the sake of argument lets say the flinch lasts 0.5 seconds.

So, if you are special dazed and your opponent hits you 1.1 seconds into the daze, 0.10 seconds later you will be able to attack immediately even though there should be 0.4 seconds remaining on the flinch state (during which you shouldn’t be able to attack) once the daze ends.

• There also appear to be issues with flinching during delayed windups including feints, look up overheads, and the occasional mouse dragging.

• @Kirby:

There also appear to be issues with flinching during delayed windups including feints, look up overheads, and the occasional mouse dragging.

Those aren’t “delayed windups” - windup is always the same duration, it doesn’t matter if you look up or drag your mouse away. There is no flinch in release intentionally.

• @soni2295:

then i should change:

@soni2295:

thats good for me.

to:

thats good for me.

It’s not a good thing at all. What happens currently is that when you attack any enemy in a dazed state - whether through a kick or stamina loss, you can get a free hit in (usually). For whatever reason, however, the flinch state does not activate while the enemy is in a dazed state so, if you attempt to combo out of your initial swing, they will be able to launch their swing before you can and flinch you out of your own combo - despite the fact that you technically started first. I don’t know about everyone else, but it led to a lot of annoying deaths before I learned to just not combo at all against people in dazed states.

Edit: In case it hasn’t been mentioned yet, there also seems to be a problem with certain weapons being able to just swing straight through combos without being flinched out. The Grand Mace seems to do it frequently.

• Flinch is very unreliable right now and it is quite frustrating. When you hit someone, you don’t expect them to just keep comboing attacks like nothing happened or worse, launch their own counter attack faster than you can hit them with your combo. There are two many situations right now where landing a hit does nothing but take health away.