New Class Ideas

• I’ve been thinking about this for awhile ever since I bought Chivalry. These are just ideas that have been brewing in my head ever since I fell in love with this game, so feel free to poke at my ideas and ask questions.
    What if there were asian inspired classes? Such as a ninja that would have full mobility but absolutely no armor at all. He would also have the ability to roll out of danger and attack with a stab at the end of the roll. The ranged weapons would consist of shurikens and throwing daggers, possibly and kunai with a chain?

The next idea I have for another class is a shaolin monk who wields exotic weapons such as a curved broadsword, crescent moon spade, tri point double edged sword and a staff. This class would take immense practice as this class’s attack method of execution are far more different than the norm. The monk’s attacks would start out normally but as soon as a combo (such as a block or attack combo) is initiated, the character would lash out with a devastating attack just like a real shaolin monk would. This character would have very little armor and moderate speed, also with the ability to paralyze opponents with his fists.

• Does not fit into the universe really… Don’t think of the classes as of cool professions with cool abilities but more like of entirely different playstyles with some internal variation. Otherwise you can straightout add some mage class hurling fireballs and force pushes.

• Well that would blow it way of of proportion if we added magic and whatnot because the main reason for my ideas is that this could of possibly have happened if the time lines were similar and for some reason ships came out of nowhere to attack this random castle.

• No we are not in japan.

• @Thatoneguy5314:

No we are not in japan.

Thank you.

To fill your Asian itch, keep an eye out for the Bushido mod that Ibbitson and Kieran are working on.
    viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3067
    Looks extremely promising.

• @Chinadian:

I’ve been thinking about this for awhile ever since I bought Chivalry. These are just ideas that have been brewing in my head ever since I fell in love with this game, so feel free to poke at my ideas and ask questions.
    What if there were asian inspired classes? Such as a ninja that would have full mobility but absolutely no armor at all. He would also have the ability to roll out of danger and attack with a stab at the end of the roll. The ranged weapons would consist of shurikens and throwing daggers, possibly and kunai with a chain?

So… an MAA using a shortsword, throwing knives and a broadsword.

@Chinadian:

The next idea I have for another class is a shaolin monk who wields exotic weapons such as a curved broadsword, crescent moon spade, tri point double edged sword and a staff. This class would take immense practice as this class’s attack method of execution are far more different than the norm. The monk’s attacks would start out normally but as soon as a combo (such as a block or attack combo) is initiated, the character would lash out with a devastating attack just like a real shaolin monk would. This character would have very little armor and moderate speed, also with the ability to paralyze opponents with his fists.

So… an MAA using a Falchion and Saber or Quarterstaff and Shortsword (and fists).

• Ok, I really thought out the mage class :D

armor: none
    speed: like a knight
    penalty: sprinting consumes stamina, cannot sprint if out of stamina
    ability: using weapons (i.e. casting spells) consumes stamina

Primary weapons:
    Fireball - Firebolt - Inferno
    Spells dealing fire damage. Tier one deals moderate damage to one target and very little splash in a small area if not blocked by a shield; tier 2 deals moderate damage and sets the target on fire if not blocked by a shield; tier 3 deals no damage but acts similarly to firepot but weaker.
    Forceball - Force strike - Force cone
    Spells dealing little damage but causing flinch. Tier 1 deals a little splash damage and on a single target, if not blocked by a shield, causes the flinch as when blocking with low stamina; tier 2 is a single target spell dealing little damage but acting as a long range kick if unblocked and as a “flinching” hit if blocked by a shield; tier 3 deals splash flinch but no damage
    Iceball - Icebolt - Freeze
    The same as fire spells but instead of splash fiery damage it drains enemy stamina.

Secondary weapons:
    No idea yet :D

Tertiary weapons:
    Quarterstaff
    The only potential melee weapon of a mage.
    Bonfire
    A spell that sets on fire a large conically shaped area in front of the mage for a few seconds. Consumes full stamina bar and can be used only once.
    Barrier
    Raises a sphere of 2m diamater around the mage impenetrable to all arrows (not ballista:)). Costs no stamina but causes a continuous stamina drain while the mage cannot move.

:queen:

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Ok, I really thought out the mage class :D

armor: none
    speed: like a knight
    penalty: sprinting consumes stamina, cannot sprint if out of stamina
    ability: using weapons (i.e. casting spells) consumes stamina

Primary weapons:
    Fireball - Firebolt - Inferno
    Spells dealing fire damage. Tier one deals moderate damage to one target and very little splash in a small area if not blocked by a shield; tier 2 deals moderate damage and sets the target on fire if not blocked by a shield; tier 3 deals no damage but acts similarly to firepot but weaker.
    Forceball - Force strike - Force cone
    Spells dealing little damage but causing flinch. Tier 1 deals a little splash damage and on a single target, if not blocked by a shield, causes the flinch as when blocking with low stamina; tier 2 is a single target spell dealing little damage but acting as a long range kick if unblocked and as a “flinching” hit if blocked by a shield; tier 3 deals splash flinch but no damage
    Iceball - Icebolt - Freeze
    The same as fire spells but instead of splash fiery damage it drains enemy stamina.

Secondary weapons:
    No idea yet :D

Tertiary weapons:
    Quarterstaff
    The only potential melee weapon of a mage.
    Bonfire
    A spell that sets on fire a large conically shaped area in front of the mage for a few seconds. Consumes full stamina bar and can be used only once.
    Barrier
    Raises a sphere of 2m diamater around the mage impenetrable to all arrows (not ballista:)). Costs no stamina but causes a continuous stamina drain while the mage cannot move.

:queen:

MAGIC? :jrazz:

• @adamcel6:

MAGIC? :jrazz:

Merlin would be awesome.