Clans and Pubs

• So I’ve noticed something while spending some amount of time in public games… There are quite a few people who really dislike clans (at least involved in pub games). I think it’s kind of a “yeah, we aren’t competitive and you’re raining on our parade” type of mentality. I can understand this somewhat…

In turn, I’ve also heard from clan members talking about unfair treatment in some private servers or even public ones in the form of harassment, vk’s, tk’s, ect. They just want to play the game too.

So I wanted to start a bit of a civil discussion about this topic.

What are your feelings about clans in pub games?

• I personally feel as though clans are fine. MOST players in clans are better then myself and i like learnin g from them. However i hate the 4 pros teaming up against the pubs and stomping. I just wish teaming in general espically in ffa would be toned down but there is no real practical way to do so

• We clan players are players just like them, it shouldn’t really give them an reason to hate on us, regardless of the fact that we ‘May’ all stack together sometimes, because we are a group of friends who wants to play together and have fun, them publics can do whatever they want to make themself look like an fool in the end :-P Its sad there is such hate to clan players.

• The best part is being a pub player in this situation is crushing a clan player’s elitist attitude.

• I hate it. Most of the time, they’re elitist jerks that treat everyone not in their clan like they’re stupid or inferior.

• Don’t really care. They die just like the rest.

• @wildwulfy:

We clan players are players just like them, it shouldn’t really give them an reason to hate on us, regardless of the fact that we ‘May’ all stack together sometimes, because we are a group of friends who wants to play together and have fun, them publics can do whatever they want to make themself look like an fool in the end :-P Its sad there is such hate to clan players.

• the good pubbies accept “us” and try to learn from us, the bad pubbies votekick and the neutral ones dont care 8-)

• Clans… i put their names 2the Test…

overall i dont really care if clans play with us or not.
    Most time im better then half/most the clan anyways.

• I don’t mind people in clans. There’s only really two competitive ones in the AUS/NZ area. One of them is questionable. They all look as though they use speed hacks.

• Haven’t encountered too many problems so far. The occasional ruffian will associate clans with homosexuality once in awhile, but hey this is the internet.

• I put on my clan tag and immediately turn into an elitist prick who shuns anyone not in a clan.

Or at least that’s what the pub players think.

• Any time you have organized pub stomping it’s not going to be fun for the pubs. In this type of game, that is to say one without matchmaking, it’s really up to you if you want to sit and take it. Just go to another server if you’re getting flattened and don’t want to play higher-level competition. You won’t get any better, but some people just want to have fun and not necessarily improve, which is fine. There’s nothing that says you have to stick around in a server that’s become unfun though.

• I’ve also seen people hate on high ranks… Like they see me join and say something like “great… a rank 40” and instantly call for a votekick… or even vk for low ranks…

I sometimes have a problem with clan guys coming into games and treating everyone else poorly… Never had a problem with some of the more well-known clans like Int, Vq, and Armored Fist. (Actually play a lot with the fist guys and talk to them in TS sometimes)… I have ran across a few (will not name them in here) clans that are dirtbags, however…

• I play with my clan members. We do not use any third-party chat but we still know how to co-ordinate against the enemy. Whenever we join an FFA, we seem to automatically become teamers. :(

• @Matti:

I play with my clan members. We do not use any third-party chat but we still know how to co-ordinate against the enemy. Whenever we join an FFA, we seem to automatically become teamers. :(

i hate people teaming up in FFA.
    when my friends and i join FFA it becomes a personal duel.

• @soni2295:

@Matti:

I play with my clan members. We do not use any third-party chat but we still know how to co-ordinate against the enemy. Whenever we join an FFA, we seem to automatically become teamers. :(

i hate people teaming up in FFA.
    when my friends and i join FFA it becomes a personal duel.

When my friends join FFA, we start doing silly thigns instead of actually trying to win… We run around screaming “help me!” and duck spammers and make people chase us… It’s a hoot.

• I don’t mind it at all, however they should abide by the rules of the particular server and avoid stacking if the teams are uneven. Nobody likes seeing 14 vs 10 with the last four to join all from the same clan.

• Most of the time if clan players join they either join in two ways. Small numbers(2/3 people at most) and may or may not care if they’re on the same team. They’re not so intrusive nor really log on together for a few rounds of stomping, they just wanna play together, be that with or against eachother.

Aaand then we have the hardcore pubstomping tryhards who log on with groups of 5 or more, teamstack, egowank and circlejerk about how the other team sucks so much. Raging whenever some pub kills them more than 3 times in a row, fixing votekicks whenever one member votes to kick somebody.

Those are the wankers I hate :| Though, luckily I rarily see them.

However, exception to the first, big groups of clanmates joining on their own server. Than I don’t really care, because, hey, it’s their server, right?

Anyway that’s just my two cents on it.

• @Matti:

On FFA? I can’t imagine that this is particularly popular.