Landing on Heads.

• The machination exists to measure the height a player falls from and how to translate it into health damage. So if you land on another player why not transfer at least some of the damage to that player?

I suggest that the whole experience of having a bloke clad in armour land on your head from a 30 foot drop; is one of the more unrealistic aspects of the game. OK; gameplay>realism, I get that but still.

I hear you say… “The game will turn into a mugging fest with players jumping on each other all the time” Well; kicks now deliver damage and after the initial novelty wore off the level of kicks went back to normal just with added realism.

The audio isn’t right either I’d expect a real “CRUNCH!”. Presently; I barely notice that someone has landed on my head, I’d like a massive WTF WAS THAT! moment.

I’m guessing that this would be really easy to implement, it’s not as if any new animations would be required.

This subject was touched on… viewtopic.php?f=84&t=10827&p=96216&hilit=landing+on+head#p96216 but as far as I can tell it hasn’t been fully debated, apologises if this has been done to death and I missed it.

• Should at least stun the player you land on.

• Ever guarded the ballista on hillside? I try to land on my allies heads to avoid the annoying damage when you leave spawn…

• sometimes you spawn on the second floor of a house with a hole in the middle,
    once everybody got down i went a bit late and my character fell over a comrade and bounced, then again and again.

• Oh god what would happen at the Stoneshill barn spawn?

I like to head surf as much as the next guy but any changes would turn that spawn zone into a head poppin stun spot.

• @DokB:

Oh god what would happen at the Stoneshill barn spawn?

I like to head surf as much as the next guy but any changes would turn that spawn zone into a head poppin stun spot.

Ooopps! That’s the weakness in the idea; right there, guess it wouldn’t work. Pity.