Long sword 1-handed trick

• I recently found out a new trick where you could 1-hand a knight’s longsword without wielding a shield.

Steps
    1.Select a longsword and a shield
    2.Switch to your secondary weapon
    3.Remove the shield
    4.Switch back to the longsword
    5.Press 1 again to wield a longsword 1-handed without a shield

Enjoy! :D

• You’re early. :D

• This is already well known. There’s also been a couple of threads asking for a slight revamp of the weapon-selection system to make it easier to switch between two-handed, one-handed with shield & one-handed without shield.

• Yup it’s pretty bugged. Here’s a vid of me realizing how to make my shield disappear when having a 2H weapon and making it come back. It’s unfortunate when you respawn and it defaults you to your 2H weapon as a 1H and with a shield, and you instinctively switch back to your 2H, and lose your shield in the process, when you should’ve switched to your secondary then back to your 2H to get your shield to stay.(Shouldn’t have to do this…but shits bugged y’know?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB6PwfL8 … e=youtu.be

• @venomblade:

Yup it’s pretty bugged. Here’s a vid of me realizing how to make my shield disappear when having a 2H weapon and making it come back. It’s unfortunate when you respawn and it defaults you to your 2H weapon as a 1H and with a shield, and you instinctively switch back to your 2H, and lose your shield in the process, when you should’ve switched to your secondary then back to your 2H to get your shield to stay.(Shouldn’t have to do this…but shits bugged y’know?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB6PwfL8 … e=youtu.be

Other than being able to do a combination of actions that will make your shield completely disappear, (even from your back when you decide not to use it) I don’t see whats technically bugged about being able to use a Longsword with 1 hand without shield.

I’m certain TB intended to allow you to switch between using a two-handed weapon with two hands, or one hand with shield or one hand without shield. The problem is the method to do so is convoluted.

• It does this with any bastard sword.