Official servers need some love

• Right now I am totally apalled by the quality of official servers, mainly team deathmatch ones.

First of all many of them lack any conceivable hint of autobalancing after the last patch. Not only does the autobalance not work (I suppose it is disabled) but joining in does not support balance either. It is easily possible to join the more numerous team because the game allows you to join either team before their numbers are listed (i.e. both show 0) even if one is strongly overpowered. Even if the autobalance works, it has extremely long intervals (somebody told me 30 secs but 2 mins seem more likely) and you can imagine what can a team with 4 more players do during 30 seconds.

Second - the servers seem to lag enormously last few days even if there are no people with ping over 100. Today I haven’t managed to find a playable official server yet. Lag spikes range from short ones resulting in people teleporting around or quite long ones (like 15 secs) where everybody on my monitor seems to continue walking indefinitely.

Third - some servers do not allow community to change maps, which is very handy when the mason victory TD bug occurs (otherwise people tend to leave the server en mass, nobody likes ghosting around until the masons burn thru their 50 remaining resources), or even votekick troublemakers or speedhackers. I can understand that it is not allowed but there should be a server moderator to ensure smooth play (I can do that if you pay me:)).

These problems really start to become tiring and I do not think it gives a very good impression to the new people there.

• Agreed. Though autobalance does work - since seen it many times. I believe it does not autobalance in the last 2 minutes.

Lag is too common and they need to figure out why it is happening. Does not seem to be related to pings, I suspect it is something going on with the server OR its a bug in the server code.

• @gregcau:

Agreed. Though autobalance does work - since seen it many times. I believe it does not autobalance in the last 2 minutes.

Well, my problem is it does not balance in the FIRST 2 minutes:)
    The funny thing about team deathmatch is that you don’t really need autobalance off during the last 2 minuted but rather after the resources have been exhausted. It happened to me many times that Masons were victorious with one or 2 people alive, the bug kicked in and the map got stuck, dead Agathians started to quit the server out of boredom so they were 5 or 10 people less numerous. Now the autobalance kicks in and respawns Mason players (alive) as Agatha (even if they have no resources because autobalance doesnt count as kill/death, it is only switching teams) and they sometimes manage to murder the remaining unsuspecting and often teamkilling Masons and claim victory anyway.

Although I admit this is more a pre-patch scenario because right now the autobalance simply doesn’t work:)

• Moved to Bug Reports Forum.

• I am not sure if this is appropriate. While I mention bugs in my second post, this topic is more about TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES of the OFFICIAL SERVERS, namely:

1. lack of autobalance (not bugged autobalance but total lack thereof)
    2. laaaaaaaag
    3. disabled voting

So technical support is, imho, much more convenient section for this.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

I am not sure if this is appropriate. While I mention bugs in my second post, this topic is more about TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES of the OFFICIAL SERVERS, namely:

1. lack of autobalance (not bugged autobalance but total lack thereof)
    2. laaaaaaaag
    3. disabled voting

So technical support is, imho, much more convenient section for this.

Technical Support is more for when it is something on your end. Bug Reports is for stuff on Torn Banner’s end.

• Official servers are laggy?

Not the Australian ones.

These sometimes the big desync that happens but that happens on many servers. Ad I find that pretty funny.