Using fists - Rescue in the last moment?

• I have a suggestion to make considering the use of fists.

I, as a Vanguard of choice, have oftentimes found myself at the mercy of an enemy simply jumping in my face, making the superior reach of my primaries obsolete and using my own dragging attackspeed to their advantage.

Switching to my secondary of course takes time - Time which may safe my life if I was capable to strike back. I realise that increasing the drawing time of another weapon is out of the question, as it is both a standardised speed applied to all classes and also not realistic to quickdraw a weapon that most likely is sheathed and/or quite heavy.

But fists - Fists don’t need to be drawn. To use your fists, you only ought to drop your weapon, clench your hands into a proper shape and lash out.

So here is the suggestion: Increase the "draw"speed of fists to give them a spot as emergency weapon on all classes. To balance their quick reaction out, you could add a cooldown that applies to the weapon last used before changing to fists before it can be drawn, again, emphasising that you “dropped” that weapon to near-instantly have your hands free for a brawl and to (hopefully) prevent people from abusing the mechanic in any way.

• Seems interesting.

• Hmm I’m torn between feeling fists should stay as an impractical, “fun” weapon (that is already powerful), and supporting this change.

I think this could be the dagger’s main perk too though on the classes that can wield them, uber fast draw / ready time.

• While it is quite realistic to do such a thing(I can tell form having punched many a lad in the face in my time) I don’t really think it’d be very balanced. Concidering if you do this, you’d lose the weapon you were holding. Ofcourse, you could implement something that you could pick up your old weapon again.

But yeah, like Bob said. I’m kinda torn between fun/impractical and impementing it,…

• @BobT36:

Hmm I’m torn between feeling fists should stay as an impractical, “fun” weapon (that is already powerful), and supporting this change.

I want the fists to stay as they are; a weak, unviable weapon for humiliating opponents. It’s excellent to fist an uppity enemy who’s flapping his jaw a little too much. :D

If anything, I’d say fists are too potent, but I’m not convinced they’re overpowered (as some are).

• @SharpshotSid:

While it is quite realistic to do such a thing(I can tell form having punched many a lad in the face in my time) I don’t really think it’d be very balanced. Concidering if you do this, you’d lose the weapon you were holding. Ofcourse, you could implement something that you could pick up your old weapon again.

But yeah, like Bob said. I’m kinda torn between fun/impractical and impementing it,…

The weapon that was “dropped” would only have a cooldown before you could wield it again. I can relate to the idea that having to “pick your old weapon up” while everyone else may swarm you with attacks or perhaps pick it up, themselves is very annoying and unnecessary, that is why I didn’t think of a pick-up mechanic but rather a cooldown mechanic to give “early droppers” a penalty which should “simulate” the situation of a weapon being “dropped and being picked up, again”.

• Cooldown is definitely the solution.
    While I am not really into fisting, currently I feel the lack of something to efficiently counter face-huggers, especialy MaAs. Getting face to face with a heavily armored opponent was undesirable in real fight because he could pummel you simply with his body, so allowing fists in this case does not seem to be too much unreasonable in my opinion. They could stay as impractical as they are but their existence in the game would be justified.