Is hit trading still in the game?

• Hit trading or whatever you call it– the bug that allowed players to hit back when they were supposed to be flinched-- is it still in the game? Seems like it is still happening sometimes but I could be wrong. I just noticed that sometimes when i hit an opponent, who couldnt block due to feint or parrybox, he can swing and hit me at the same time as my next combo attack.

Can someone provide me with details or am i just not remembering correctly?

• Every hit does not guarantee a flinch. There’s a video explaining it somewhere….

• You also can’t flinch someone who is already swinging. The lead cause of hit trading.

• There are a couple states where you aren’t flinched currently - deflected (hitting someone’s shield/parry or a wall/the floor) and daze/special daze (being kicked, blocking when out of stamina). Once we fix those up everything should be consistent - you’ll be flinched if you’re hit at any time except when your weapon is already in motion (release), and being hit when in release will disallow comboing. Anything else causing hit trading is likely just a rare occurrence of packet loss.

• i hate when my sword is almost inside the enemy and i got flinched, or the MAA getting inside my combo and flinching me.

• @SlyGoat:

There are a couple states where you aren’t flinched currently - deflected (hitting someone’s shield/parry or a wall/the floor) and daze/special daze (being kicked, blocking when out of stamina). Once we fix those up everything should be consistent - you’ll be flinched if you’re hit at any time except when your weapon is already in motion (release), and being hit when in release will disallow comboing. Anything else causing hit trading is likely just a rare occurrence of packet loss.

This is great news!

I can’t wait until we get some consistent results. :D

• You can still combo when hit during release, unless you were talking about that being fixed during the next patch (which is great)

The current thing you have to watch out for right now is being swung at DURING YOUR RECOVERY assuming you haven’t combofeinted or gone into a combo. It’s only a guaranteed hit if your weapon’s recovery is slow or they’re using a 1 handed weapon against your 2hander. Your ability to block also depends on the distance, if you’re far you can usually block, if you’re close you’ll probably get hit. Happens most often with the broadsword since the release is very quick, spear when doing the slow stab is also subject to this as well, especially if the opponent is close.

• @SlyGoat:

There are a couple states where you aren’t flinched currently - deflected (hitting someone’s shield/parry or a wall/the floor) and daze/special daze (being kicked, blocking when out of stamina). Once we fix those up everything should be consistent - you’ll be flinched if you’re hit at any time except when your weapon is already in motion (release), and being hit when in release will disallow comboing. Anything else causing hit trading is likely just a rare occurrence of packet loss.

I have noticed that occasionally when I hit somebody during windup, and then when I’m swinging my combo swing, he throws a quick overhead [most of the time, their windup was for a side slash]. Most of the time, I believe that the overhead is a ghost [it either deals nor damage or missed], but other times it hits me either during my combo or during recovery.

• Sadly yes. _Coupled with, even though you hit-trade both parties can keep combo-ing. _Then on top of that, you have when Flinch breaks its own face and fails, a**nd the bloke gets a hit in.**
    Definitely makes engaging enemies on 1 hit worth of health a much harder, harder and unpredictable mess.**

Great game though.

• on some days, such as most of yesterday, I am left to wonder if my character can even flinch others.