Fix the broken game ASAP

• Nothing more to say. I’m realy dissapointed and pissed off at the same time. The patch destroyed the game for me. I tried to give feedback and i’ve kept playing in the hope of a hotfix but I can’t bear it anymore. Negativity got the better of me and I’m deinstalling now. Every game brings rage and the fun it brought once is long gone :( Its sad because this game raised so many hopes and it delivierd quite well till the content patch came and smashed it all to pieces. Cu CMW

• That’s rather vague, any specific issues you have with the patch? Lag? Hit detection? Anything?

• @SharpshotSid:

That’s rather vague, any specific issues you have with the patch? Lag? Hit detection? Anything?

Everyone’s haveing those issues: lag, crappy hit detection, desync… it’s the nature of this game, it’s Chiv’s trademark by now. The one telling us never facing any of this issues in CMW is simply a liar! :P

• C’mon guys, give them a break. What do you think they’ve been trying to do this whole time? (Be reminded that this is a small indie team)

• Patch really made me shakey about TB and the future of this game. They dont even know why most of these problems are happening. Warning sign. They dont even do small error patches. Warning Sign. And all the new “big” patch brought was recycled maps, a very small amount and a small amount of weapons that are all worse than the original weapons, along with a boat load of errors and bugs. Big warning sign.

They just seem flatout lazy. Could careless if they have a small team, alot of their problems are small problems…its like they dont even play their own game to see them all. Now they have BIG problems because they didnt fix the little ones. And the cycle will just continue unless they really strap up and try to fix the game before ever thinking about “adding” to it.

The game is fun, to me none of those problems are stopping me from playing when i want, but it sure as hell wont keep anyone around too long when you got a game filled with bugs/errors and not one person pointing in the right direction.

• @yayolol:

And all the new “big” patch brought was recycled maps, a very small amount and a small amount of weapons that are all worse than the original weapons, along with a boat load of errors and bugs.

Duel mode?

I didn’t notice a boat load.

• Well, I can say I am pretty confident in TB’s future. They are working on changing from a virtual studio into a real one… They are working on getting the team to move into a central area and work together in person in a real studio… I feel this will help them work out some of the problems much easier!

• I honestly haven’t had any problems apart from the odd server lag.

I find the current state of the game balanced. It was before the patch that i would rage. Now, when i die i know its because i missed a block or something. There’s no hard to see stabs, there’s now turbo stabs, the stamina works well. I find most classes performing equally.

Sure there is a few bugs such as maa dodge not working correctly but overall balance is good.

I’d like to know what the OP thinks is so rageworthy?

• @mattavich:

I honestly haven’t had any problems apart from the odd server lag.

I find the current state of the game balanced. It was before the patch that i would rage. Now, when i die i know its because i missed a block or something. There’s no hard to see stabs, there’s now turbo stabs, the stamina works well. I find most classes performing equally.

Sure there is a few bugs such as maa dodge not working correctly but overall balance is good.

Sorry, you haven’t been looking hard enough. Bugs are still everywhere, and I die to them all the time. Here is but a few:

• Ghost swings
    • Idle flinch is STILL in the game
    • Attacks queuing by themselves
    • Parry is borked since the patch
    • Hit detection is borked since the patch

• @Swagatha:

Sorry, you haven’t been looking hard enough. Bugs are still everywhere, and I die to them all the time. Here is but a few:

• Ghost swings

I don’t know what this hullabaloo about idle flinch is. Idle flinch is “STILL in the game”. It has been from the beginning as this was intended and was tweaked in the last patch. Now, if you’re referring to not being able to interrupt someone from combo’ing, that’s a different thing. I’ve played with a bunch of people who called that “idle flinch” inadvertently.

Parrying and blocking should be getting easier in the next patch if my tarot cards are correct.

• @Matti:

C’mon guys, give them a break. What do you think they’ve been trying to do this whole time? (Be reminded that this is a small indie team)

Sling, new map…?

Ah seriously… indie team or not, when it comes to the end it doesnt even matter. Maybe Chiv was gifted to you, but it sure hasn’t been given to me and to most of us. We payed for this product, its not like some indie dev let me play it for free (except beta).

Besides they sold THOUSANDS of copies already. Being a virtual studio or stationary with office, one would think they could at least hire a capable programmer who’s beyond “adding new maps”. When mod tools are released we will see much better maps than those created by TBS devs - like Citadel for example.

I like this game, i play it. Its good. But i know it can become something better than it is at current state. It can become great! There’s no real security in this game whatsoever; how many cheaters have been banned? ZERO. Or… You want this game to become competitive? Fixing crappy netcode would be a good start.

• @ReMixx:

Parrying and blocking should be getting easier in the next patch if my tarot cards are correct.

Sorry to pick on one sentence, but it is exactly what im talking about. DON’T make it EASIER make it CONSISTANT. I wouldn’t mind parrying beeing hard as fuck, if it would be so all the time and u could LEARN to do it well. At the moment the game is 75% random bullshit to me.

• You know they are a FEW issues that are real and a LOT that you create because you are frustrated. This game is perfectly playable. OK, they are a few ghost swings here and there, and a few missed parries; but it is the only game out there providing such a complicated combat system and intense at the same time, give it time.

I saw a friend play the other day on my computer, he was like “parry doesn’t work shields don’t work”. He wasn’t doing it properly at all and for a lot of people it’s the same problem.

Other example, I just discovered recently that when a guy face hugs you and go stab with a halberd you have to really look down to parry, before that I thought Halberds were glitchy, but in fact, most of the time, I wasn’t parrying properly.

Patience and let them work on those issues, they will be fixed, give it time.

• @ReMixx:

@Swagatha:

• Ghost swings

I don’t know what this hullabaloo about idle flinch is. Idle flinch is “STILL in the game”. It has been from the beginning as this was intended and was tweaked in the last patch. Now, if you’re referring to not being able to interrupt someone from combo’ing, that’s a different thing. I’ve played with a bunch of people who called that “idle flinch” inadvertently.

See, this just shows me that you don’t know what idle flinch is. There are hundreds of topics on the issue. Go read them.

And as another poster said, people don’t want it to be easier to parry, they want parry to be more consistent. That is, IMO, one of the biggest problems the game has at the moment.

• @Swagatha:

And as another poster said, people don’t want it to be easier to parry, they want parry to be more consistent. That is, IMO, one of the biggest problems the game has at the moment.

Maybe its going to be easier because its more consistent. Kind of hard to judge till we see the next beta patch.

• To be honest for the amount of money i paid for this game this game is definitely in my top 5 games of all time; possibly in my top 3 of all time….and maybe someday after enough hours of play might be my all time favourite game.
    You can’t complain about this game considering how good it is, how small the team is, and how cheap the game was to buy.
    I’ve payed a lot more for other games, that will not be mentioned, that i’ve been much more disappointed in and that had REAL, serious, issues.
    I’m just grateful this game even exists and i’m happy that it is as polished as it is and don’t try and refute that comment because i am aware how much work these guys have put in and how well their game works and am qualified to say so.

• Incompetence is never an excuse for failure.
    You have to give your absolute best to get out of that state of incompetence
    and start raising your competence.
    Otherwise you will always stumble upon problems that you can not solve.

In nature there is no excuse for such

if you cant hold the speed of the herd you will get left behind and die.

• @Swagatha:

@mattavich:

• Ghost swings

You’re right, i haven’t noticed these things, as i said, the game seems much more balanced than when i started playing at release.

I’m sorry not everyone agrees with you, you’re just going to have to accept that a lot of people feel the game is quite balanced right now.

Lastly, these problems you perceive as gamebreaking will never be fully fixed. So its time to either put up or shut up. A game like this will never be bug free based on the concept alone. It is impossible to make every swing hit exactly where it should and for every parry to connect when it should. The nature of the game alone should be enough for you to understand how very fragile the netcode will be. There will never be a perfect tweak the devs can make. Making parrys connect better may also have an effect of making ghost swings more likely and vise versa. At some point, you’re just going to have to accept the reality, it is near impossible to make a melee game like this perfectly balanced.

But as it stands, the balance and game is pretty fucking good since the last patch and most will agree.

• @Peacerer:

@Matti:

C’mon guys, give them a break. What do you think they’ve been trying to do this whole time? (Be reminded that this is a small indie team)

Sling, new map…?

Ah seriously… indie team or not, when it comes to the end it doesnt even matter. Maybe Chiv was gifted to you, but it sure hasn’t been given to me and to most of us. We payed for this product, its not like some indie dev let me play it for free (except beta).

Besides they sold THOUSANDS of copies already. Being a virtual studio or stationary with office, one would think they could at least hire a capable programmer who’s beyond “adding new maps”. When mod tools are released we will see much better maps than those created by TBS devs - like Citadel for example.

I like this game, i play it. Its good. But i know it can become something better than it is at current state. It can become great! There’s no real security in this game whatsoever; how many cheaters have been banned? ZERO. Or… You want this game to become competitive? Fixing crappy netcode would be a good start.

Completely agree, Fix the broken stuff before releasing new stuff. Even better release a sdk let the community concentrate on new maps. If there good enough they go in, if not …well.
    TBS concentrate on getting the bugs/glitches fixed.

Tripwire games managed it with their red orchestra ost front game and the modders that gave us Darkest hour defiantly managed it.

Mapped and added content for both!

• @Swagatha:

@mattavich:

• Ghost swings

I’ve experienced all of these to much annoyance… The fanboys just don’t want to hear it. This game is broken.