CANT FIND SERVERS - Official Fix [9/17/2012]

• Download this file: Google Drive or MediaFire
    Put this into : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config
    (or wherever Steam is installed; on 32-bit Windows, this is C:\Program Files\Steam\config)

OR opt into the Steam beta:

Image Tutorial: Here

Go into Steam. Click on Steam > Settings> Beta participation > Change > Steam Beta Update.
    Restart Steam.
    Run Chivalry Medieval Warfare and go into the Server Browser.
    Restart the game and try again.

If you are still occasionally not getting servers even after opting into the beta, deleting your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\MasterServer2.vdf to force Steam to regenerate it may help. There may be dead servers in the file that Steam is not removing, or there may be some other problem with it that Steam is not automatically correcting.

If after trying the above two fixes and you still see no servers, there may be a networking issue, a conflict with security software, or some other problem that’s stopping Steamworks from connecting to the master server. Please see this post for more help.

For full list of issues and help please see:

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3136

• Developer

We will get this to you shortly!

• @Tibberius:

We will get this to you shortly!

sorry for ninja editing :D

• Good job olorin, I will test it soon. :)

• Developer

Thanks mate!

• Thanks men i love you

• It works! Playing against humans is much more interesting than bots. ^^

Stickying this post for now.

• I tried this, but it still doesn’t work.
    I try to join, but an error message flashes (For about a nanosecond, can’t read it), and nothing else happened.
    After adding them to my favorites, how do you join?

• @Rassilon:

I tried this, but it still doesn’t work.
    I try to join, but an error message flashes (For about a nanosecond, can’t read it), and nothing else happened.
    After adding them to my favorites, how do you join?

Try double clicking the server name in the favourites list in Steam, not in the game. It should boot up the game and join the server automatically. And make sure your firewall or anything else is not blocking connections.

I have this problem with no servers listed too. But this temporary fix works for me and I managed to get in a game!

• I tried it, but it didn’t work. All of the servers said that they were not responding. I tried connecting anyways, and it didn’t work. Is something wrong with my internet, or what?

• @fowcow:

I tried it, but it didn’t work. All of the servers said that they were not responding. I tried connecting anyways, and it didn’t work. Is something wrong with my internet, or what?

for this to work for me, I need to right click the server from the list and click view server status. then “join game” otherwise i also get the microsecond window and then back to list. right click –-> view server status —> join game.

EDIT: ALSO THANK YOU OLORIN YOU’RE A TRUE HERO

• when i double click on it the window opens for a second the closes and opens the game to the main menu, when i press view status and join that way the window will stay open but it will just boot the game to the menu again :/

• Why is this listed as resolved if the fix doesn’t actually fix the server browser in game and required you to use steam’s server list? Not to sound ungrateful but it’s a bit annoying having to do it but I guess it’s better than nothing at the moment.

• @fowcow:

I tried it, but it didn’t work. All of the servers said that they were not responding. I tried connecting anyways, and it didn’t work. Is something wrong with my internet, or what?

Don’t be offended, but are you sure that you typed/copied the IPs(+port) correctly?

Example: 85.236.100.3:7887

What happens if you choose “Find games at this address…” ?

• @angrysully:

Why is this listed as resolved if the fix doesn’t actually fix the server browser in game and required you to use steam’s server list? Not to sound ungrateful but it’s a bit annoying having to do it but I guess it’s better than nothing at the moment.

You are right, i will edit it into [Workaround]

//edit: i just read scorps sticky regarding thread statuses, i will leave it as [Resolved] even though its not truly resolved :)
    it takes like 5 minutes to add all the relevant(your region) servers and after that it seems to work fine for most people.

• @olorin:

//edit: i just read scorps sticky regarding thread statuses, i will leave it as [Resolved] even though its not truly resolved :)
    it takes like 5 minutes to add all the relevant(your region) servers and after that it seems to work fine for most people.

Thanks Olorin I appreciate it! I have further updated the status of the thread to make it clear that it is a work a round and not a full scale bug fix :)

• @Aussieguy:

when i double click on it the window opens for a second the closes and opens the game to the main menu, when i press view status and join that way the window will stay open but it will just boot the game to the menu again :/

Hmm, its normal to get in the game main menu after joining a server via steam-browser. Usually you don’t have to do anything after it happens, your computer should load the map which may take a while depending on your computer specs.

Are you able to play the game in general e.g. against bots?

• None of the server from the list are responding. Each time I try to join after adding them to my favorite it says :
    ‘‘game info - 0.0.0.0
    Game :
    Server : is currently not playing on any game server’’

It happens on every server I try to join with this technique.

• @akarnir:

None of the server from the list are responding. Each time I try to join after adding them to my favorite it says :
    ‘‘game info - 0.0.0.0
    Game :
    Server : is currently not playing on any game server’’

It happens on every server I try to join with this technique.

Restart steam/possibly your computer as well. I got that error too, I think its related to the hang up where you dont d/c properly. The main thing for people to know when using this technique is that when the game launches it sits on the menu for a minute. Don’t click anything, just wait as Olorin explained above.