Shield for Vanguard?

• It is almost every class have a shield including archer.

Why not give a heater to vanguard so they can defend themselves too, give them an extra fighting style.

• Because they would just use it to close in on archers and archers need some love.

• Oh right. :P But I don’t want archer shoot me in the back when I having a good fight :(

• Shield is generally useless to you when an archer is shooting in your back.

• @EricFong:

It is almost every class have a shield including archer.

Why not give a heater to vanguard so they can defend themselves too, give them an extra fighting style.

Because a shield is the only weakness the vanguard has and because the archer doesn’t have a shield(pavise is not a real shield, since he can’t block melee attacks with it)

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Shield is generally useless to you when an archer is shooting in your back.

The shield that aren’t not equiped. (put on the back) Can block arrow.

• It would be a bit silly. It’s kinda the point of the Vanguard class to mainly be focused around large, two handed, long reach weapons. They’re a very offensive class, but lack defense.

Giving them a shield well, they’d not lack defense anymore…

• @BobT36:

It would be a bit silly. It’s kinda the point of the Vanguard class to mainly be focused around large, two handed, long reach weapons. They’re a very offensive class, but lack defense.

Not with a spear there not. mate!
    Not very offensive, not defensive!

• @BobT36:

It would be a bit silly. It’s kinda the point of the Vanguard class to mainly be focused around large, two handed, long reach weapons. They’re a very offensive class, but lack defense.

Well, I give up then ;)

• Each class already has advantages and disadvantages, vanguard is clearly the class with the most melee reach and moderate HP so your not going to die AS easily, but archers only gain rage with bows/xbows ETC. but with a hit to their HP but they get speed. Vanguards with shields would just mess everything up.