Combo, overhead and feint!

• Here’s some suggestion,

first, since there are now alternate attacks, combo should require the use of both of them in order to be perform, this will, I think, prevent the ‘‘lmb spam’’ and add some skills in the making of a combo
    so slash combo would be: alt slash + slash + alt slash, etc.

second, I think the overhead counter attack or overhead attack in general shouldn’t be faster when you stare at the ground because most of the time the animation of the attack barely started and you get hit because it connect faster!

third, since spears doesn’t have any combo, I would suggest that some other weapon shouldn’t have the ability to feint, only because it’s illogical to see a hammer or maul feint, or at least, make some of their attacks impossible to feint, if I’m not mistaken the hit is faster after the feint, combined with the staring down overhead, you get a maul faster then a dagger!

• Not everyone has 50 mouse buttons.

• First of all, I think thats a kinda 2 topics in 1. I would split it, since they have almost nothing in common…

In case of lmb combos its a tricky one. One way it gives us, experienced players a lot of nerves sharpers while standing against it, but in the otherhand it allows fresh players to make some spectacular moves wich greatlly improves CMW 1st impressions. Still we all know how annoying facehugging is and lmb spamming for sure is not making it any harder to perform. If you,ve watched some interviews with Torn Banner, u’re surelly aware that CMW wasnt suppose to allow alternate swinging without a combo.

Now thats changed and in my oppinion if so, the devs should look up to new variations of making combos. Since we have new moves available its now possible to re-arrange those and make combo only when u combine different swings/overheads.

I would ofcourse love to see all those lmb spammers dissapear, but only if new combo system would not ruin game mechanics. Alternate swings are new thing here and Im sure not the only one who sees that they are simplly not working as they should. To often when I try to surprise my opponent with an alt swing after block or smthin, instead im doing ‘normal’ swing… If we’re talking here about new combo system, 1st alt swings and overchops should work perfectlly smoothlly. Then some test would be nice to make and see how it gows on various game aspects.

Personally i would love to see combo system working like that, since im already far away from lmb spamming, but only if that wouldnt slow fight dynamics and this is only for our allmight Devs to decide ;)

• Yeah, the problem is that the new alt slash is pretty hard to block, you have to actually stare at ur own butt to block it! so people now start their lmb spam with the alt and make it even more painful to play with, but you’re right we do need more skill based combo

as for the mouse with 50 button, I only got 5 buttons, the lmb, rmb, the scroller, and 2 on the side, beside, you can perform alt attack by clicking on ALT button!

forgot, for CTF, suggestion would be you had a score in top of screen and make a sound alarm when someone steal the flag! like a horn of I dunno!

• @Mgqc:

Yeah, the problem is that the new alt slash is pretty hard to block, you have to actually stare at ur own butt to block it! so people now start their lmb spam with the alt and make it even more painful to play with, but you’re right we do need more skill based combo

as for the mouse with 50 button, I only got 5 buttons, the lmb, rmb, the scroller, and 2 on the side, beside, you can perform alt attack by clicking on ALT button!

forgot, for CTF, suggestion would be you had a score in top of screen and make a sound alarm when someone steal the flag! like a horn of I dunno!

You saying that alt attacks are hard to block at look down to block it tells me that you havent been playing this game long enough to come up with good ideas for the future of this game.

Even without that, all your suggestions are the ones that come from a new player. They are all pretty dumb.

• I don’t understand what the problem with LMB-spam is. If the enemies do it just kill them and if friendlies do it just stay away.

• I think the main problem here is that you can combo out of a missed swing. So your LMB spammer who misses 9/10 attacks can still continuously combo (and right now with very little stamina cost. I’ll watch people whiff like 7 swings in a row swinging nonstop and still have stamina to combo). Being able to combo out of a missed swing is one of the most annoying things in this game for me. It gets particularly obnoxious when people swing their attack away from your parry, so that they can continue to combo. You should never be encouraged to totally miss somebody with an attack that could have hit their parry or shield IMO.

• ^ that

plus stam drain should increase with each swing as you wiff when spamming.

having no stam drain when you actually hit is baffling as hell to me, too but thats a different matter.

• Global Moderator

@123mop:

I think the main problem here is that you can combo out of a missed swing. So your LMB spammer who misses 9/10 attacks can still continuously combo (and right now with very little stamina cost. I’ll watch people whiff like 7 swings in a row swinging nonstop and still have stamina to combo). Being able to combo out of a missed swing is one of the most annoying things in this game for me. It gets particularly obnoxious when people swing their attack away from your parry, so that they can continue to combo. You should never be encouraged to totally miss somebody with an attack that could have hit their parry or shield IMO.

Its called timing.

LMB spammers are the easiest to time especially in 1v1 combat. Wait till be is about to swing passed you and miss then sprint forward with an overhand. Its there are multiple people around you probably just have to parry as it may be the only thing you can do.

Spammers inconvenience themselves. I don’t see why people complain about going up against someone so easy. Unless they have already hit you you have almost nothing to worry about.

And the tutorial also tells you that missing once and hitting them with the combo is a technique and teaches you that. Its because it is a technique.

Learn how to play against all kinds of enemies. Not just your normal mainstream player.

• @boomandvibe:

@Mgqc:

Yeah, the problem is that the new alt slash is pretty hard to block, you have to actually stare at ur own butt to block it! so people now start their lmb spam with the alt and make it even more painful to play with, but you’re right we do need more skill based combo

You saying that alt attacks are hard to block at look down to block it tells me that you havent been playing this game long enough to come up with good ideas for the future of this game.

Even without that, all your suggestions are the ones that come from a new player. They are all pretty dumb.

nothing dumb in my suggestion, at least explain why! but hey, each time someone try to add something that would actually requires skills, people that use over and over cheap exploit whine, funny!

• its not a matter of spammer being hard to kill, they aren’t! it’s a matter of team play, when you get strike countless time by your teamate because mashing ONE button is pretty simple…