[CANCELED] Australia's first tournament $200 prize 5v5 LTS

• Sign ups are done via the comments in the reddit post, all the information you need is in this link:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/co … 200_prize/

Please support our first Aussie/NZ/Oceanic tourny by keeping this thread active, spreading the news, and upvoting the topic on reddit.

Australia’s having its first, donation prize pool tournament with $200 to the winning team. That’s 40 dollars each player (largest prize pool yet??)!
    The game type for our first tourny is Last Team Standing, 5v5. I figured no more than 3 classes of the same type rule would feel a lot less restricting than a 2 class rule, and fairer. Yes, Archers are a nuisance, and you might have to variate your class composition to challenge them. Remember that shields, thrown, fire, and cover all help to charge them unscathed, as well as evasive movement.

Even if you’re not from Oceania, I’ll be posting each match on YouTube for your pleasure.

Have a blast, try some new strat’s, maybe get paid doing it. Sounds good to me.

Remember, sign ups end on the 4th of April.

• Moved to Tournaments Forum.

• Awesome! I look forward to seeing how this is played out. We need tournaments all over the world! :)

• I would join this. but i dont have 5 people in my clan so that sucks for me.

• @~:

I would join this. but i dont have 5 people in my clan so that sucks for me.

You have plenty of time. You got all the options.

• @ReMixx:

Moved to Tournaments Forum.

Now no one will see it unfortunately.

• http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/co … 200_prize/

Click the link for more info.

5v5 lts tourny, sign ups end on the 4th of April. If we don’t get enough sign-ups, we’ll have to delay the tourny for more teams.

• Sounds interesting. Just moved house and have to figure out how to get the modem to the PC so I’m not on WiFi the whole time. Will check out when things change.

• I’m looking at those names of people already signed up.

No chance in hell.

• I posted on the link… I’m in no clan and don’t know many people to create one… nor would I have the free time to do so, but I could see if I could schedule the time to come in and spectate some of the matches and Fraps them to YouTube.

• Sounds like fun guys, good luck! Lets keep the competition alive in chivalry.

• When is this starting?

• @Dr:

When is this starting?

Not enough people signed up. It’s cancelled until enough people do, or I start a different tournament. Preferably a 1v1 tournament. To be honest though, that won’t happen before the next patch, or the integrity of 1v1s is even high enough to provide a good show. In other words, the game is poo poo and not enough Aussies are taking it seriously because the devs are always behind curtains and every update, even media-related is 10 years apart.

• @DeminRamst:

@Dr:

When is this starting?

Not enough people signed up. It’s cancelled until enough people do, or I start a different tournament. Preferably a 1v1 tournament. To be honest though, that won’t happen before the next patch, or the integrity of 1v1s is even high enough to provide a good show. In other words, the game is poo poo and not enough Aussies are taking it seriously because the devs are always behind curtains and every update, even media-related is 10 years apart.

Well that’s a pity, I would much prefer some sort of team tournament to 1 v 1.

• Pity that this never got enough people.

Kudos to you Denim though for attempting to get an AU tourney going, but I have no doubts that at some point in time a tourney of sorts will come to be.

If it does though, will it be streamed on twitch or would users simply spectate?

• Pity that this never got enough people.

Kudos to you Denim though for attempting to get an AU tourney going, but I have no doubts that at some point in time a tourney of sorts will come to be.

If it does though, will it be streamed on twitch or would users simply spectate?

• To be honest, I think money isn’t the best way to start early tournaments. It might put off some players who for some reason don’t think they can win or take part because they think it’s beyond their level, and even worse case scenario; sign up and end up being put off by something that happens and they don’t ever come back. Even the current tournaments that are being hosted on EU and US don’t have the maturity to be prized with money, in my opinion. There needs to be more tournaments, so mistakes can be learnt and adapted for this specific community/game.

Such as; the game itself needs to accommodate to the e-sports specifics to even be adequate and be at a stage to prize with money. My apologies for going slightly off topic, and I’m sure there’s already a fully fledged topic about this, which is specifically about this and actually not going into complaining about the game and just pure brainstorming and problem solving that is clear for the developers to see.

I heard some good suggestions like, better spectator mode, improvements to the first person spectating, match mode so two rounds can be played instantly and restarted without an admin getting involved, a winner declared based on a standard of say, objectives completed, time on objective. And many more stuff.