Yet another complaint thread

• Actually it isn’t, I’m just wondering. Are the developers going to do something about the button bash? Because now most fights are who can push his mouse button the fastest. For example today I did a duel with an MAA, I was a Knight. I did the first move but I missed. But Then the MAA “charged” at me and continuously hitting me. I couldn’t parry, block or bash with my shield. I even couldn’t move!

So I was wondering, will there be something done about this?

• Button bashing doesn’t help once you get your parrying better.

If you miss you leave your self wide open to be hit.

If you are a knight and MAA is face hugging lmb spamming you will not get a shield bash in, nor be able to strike back once you flinch but you can parry or block with your shield.

However it is not easy when they are in face hugging distance. If they are doing overheads you need to turn around 45 degrees into the blow and block upwards. If they are in a combo and striking to your side you need to turn quickly around 90 degrees to block it. Getting the right mouse sensitivity it important to turn that quickly.

As I understand it the next patch will make parrying a little more consistent or easier for that.

• Now i don’t want to encourage button mashing but what that MAA did back then is basically what the MAA should do in that situation more often than not. We don’t have big ass and strong weapons, we need several hits and we barely have armor, so if you miss as a knight against a MAA, you better expect him to try and fuck you up with a flurry of swings, it really corresponds well with the description TB gave us for the MAA.

• Clicking faster won’t make you attack faster.

• You don’t button bash in this game to swing faster, you swing and turn your view along with the swing to make it faster.

• @Cheesus:

You don’t button bash in this game to swing faster, you swing and turn your view along with the swing to make it faster.

Read again, this isn’t mentioned anywhere.

• @dooder39:

@Cheesus:

You don’t button bash in this game to swing faster, you swing and turn your view along with the swing to make it faster.

Read again, this isn’t mentioned anywhere.

Woops my apologize.

• @dooder39:

Actually it isn’t, I’m just wondering. Are the developers going to do something about the button bash? Because now most fights are who can push his mouse button the fastest. For example today I did a duel with an MAA, I was a Knight. I did the first move but I missed. But Then the MAA “charged” at me and continuously hitting me. I couldn’t parry, block or bash with my shield. I even couldn’t move!

This only happens because you’re not experienced enough yet. This is a game with a very high skillcap, it takes practise to get good at it. And before you start being a decent player, there are tons of things that can kill you without requiring any skill behind it, such as button spamming.

vs good players im sure it will seem like they button spam only because they get past your defenses so easily that they have no reason to stop hiting you. I even got accused of being a slashspamer with the longsword today when I 3-hit comboed a guy lol.

• @kywild:

@dooder39:

Actually it isn’t, I’m just wondering. Are the developers going to do something about the button bash? Because now most fights are who can push his mouse button the fastest. For example today I did a duel with an MAA, I was a Knight. I did the first move but I missed. But Then the MAA “charged” at me and continuously hitting me. I couldn’t parry, block or bash with my shield. I even couldn’t move!

This only happens because you’re not experienced enough yet. This is a game with a very high skillcap, it takes practise to get good at it. And before you start being a decent player, there are tons of things that can kill you without requiring any skill behind it, such as button spamming.

vs good players im sure it will seem like they button spam only because they get past your defenses so easily that they have no reason to stop hiting you. I even got accused of being a slashspamer with the longsword today when I 3-hit comboed a guy lol.

I agree with kywild. People who usually complain about LMB spamming dont really know how to play. Also there is a specific way to beat MAAs which I assume you dont know.

Remember you have to turn almost 70-90 degrees to the direction the attack is coming from to block. The swings are simply going far around your block which made you think think that there isnt a counter.

• @SlyGoat:

Clicking faster won’t make you attack faster.

But I put flame stickers and red stripes on my sword!

• If you press f10 before you swing at someone your sword glows purple with poison and leaves a DoT on them.

• @BobT36:

@SlyGoat:

Clicking faster won’t make you attack faster.

But I put flame stickers and red stripes on my sword!

RED MAKEZ IT GO FASTA BOSS

• @kywild:

@dooder39:

Tssk…. I can kill some one easly. The only hing is because of those button spammers I can do any action because his attacks hit me before it got parries/blocked.

• Practice parrying. Usually you have to turn more than you think especially against axes.

• @dooder39:

Tssk…. I can kill some one easly. The only hing is because of those button spammers I can do any action because his attacks hit me before it got parries/blocked.

Be patient, slashspamming is not a valid technique vs experienced opponents unless you surprise them with it. You will learn to defend against it, it’s not even hard once you get used to it.

It’s like in real life, a drunk waving his arms around like a crazy person could do some serious damage to inexperienced fighters, an experienced fighter however knows how to avoid his wild swings and turn it against him. The same applies in chivalry.

• @dooder39:

@kywild:

Also make sure the guy is actually just a spammer and not a skilled one hand user. I often get nice 3 hit combos with my broadsword on opponents. It may appear like spam, but my stab and overheads are placed so only experienced people will be able to block them.