Knocking off a weapon of someone's hand?

• Well a feature I would really love to see is the ability to lose your weapon. For example if you’re really low on stamina and parry while someone else attacks you with high stamina, instead of taking much damage from the parry you’d drop your weapon or something. I don’t really know though if it’s a good idea since it kinda’ can get annoying.

• i think its a fuckin awesome idea man!!! but i think the developers are going to make it so you get dazed and have your guard FULLY dropped instead of the whole dropping weapon thing. it would be ALOT of work to implement that. but thats what this is for!!! lets keep on giving them ideas like put in a cow with laser eye beams and super powers so i can have a good fight!!

• thats a cool idea but it is true that it would get annoying constantly losing your weapon. but the idea of cows having laser beams is a win

• frickin sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their frickin heads?

• man i will wtfbbqsauce pwn any random monster they throw at me.

I DEMAND A ZOMBIE SERVER MOD!!! :D with billions upon billions of zombies spawning so my computer will lag so hard but itll be funny cuz im wtfslicingbbqsauceing zombies heads off. or just add a cow with super powers and the ability to say. I am OARACK BBMAMA!!! :D

• No, i wish that they will be no Mods in Chivalry, because Mods su** really the game (zombie mod and cie). I hate theese things and i prefer that Chivalry : Battle for Agatha stay Chivalry. I don’t want to see fireweapons, zombis, flying cow or anything like that !

• @falheim:

/cut. I don’t want to see flying cow or anything like that !

Well dead animals (horses, cows etc.) were thrown with trebushe over the wall to spread disease and lower the morale.

• Yum yum yum rotten horse my favorite…

• Well, what else you gunna eat? Your best mates leg? When there’s nice fresh horse pate available? god, some people these days.

• Back on topic; I think that knocking a weapon out of somebody’s hands could be a very cool feature if it was implemented such that it didn’t happen too frequently, and took a certain technique to pull off. I don’t think it should be activated by low stamina blocks; perhaps something like if you parry JUST right, then spin your weapon a certain way, you disarm your opponent. However, testing would have to be done to make sure you couldn’t do it too easily or macro the timing.

• @Circle:

Back on topic; I think that knocking a weapon out of somebody’s hands could be a very cool feature if it was implemented such that it didn’t happen too frequently, and took a certain technique to pull off. I don’t think it should be activated by low stamina blocks; perhaps something like if you parry JUST right, then spin your weapon a certain way, you disarm your opponent. However, testing would have to be done to make sure you couldn’t do it too easily or macro the timing.

I believe it should be circumstantial. Getting your weapon knocked out of your hand is heavy punishment, and it should only happen when you made a mistake yourself AND your opponent reacts accordingly; not just when your opponent does something right.

• I wouldn’t like to see something like this ingame personally.

It doest really serve much of a purpose…

• yah, they’re already adding in a flinch system, and adding this would be overkill imo

• @ArcL!ght:

@falheim:

Well dead animals (horses, cows etc.) were thrown with trebushe over the wall to spread disease and lower the morale.

That’s another idea right there. Trebuchets that launch dead livestock which could act just like the fiery ones but instead of dealing damage over time it could like blur your vision or something of that sort, at least while within the are of the impact. It’s just something to consider.

As far as the knocking a weapon out of someone’s hand thing, I like that idea, and I remember seeing that in a melee combat game, but I don’t remember what I’ve seen it in. Probably a single player game, but I don’t think it’ll work well in a multiplayer situation especially with flinching and stunning already in the game.

• yah, it would be really cool to see in single player, cuz you could like knock the sword out of someones hand then bitch slap them XD but really only would work in sngleplayer, and not multipyplayer

• @icedmetal57:

@ArcL!ght:

@falheim:

That’s another idea right there. Trebuchets that launch dead livestock which could act just like the fiery ones but instead of dealing damage over time it could like blur your vision or something of that sort, at least while within the are of the impact. It’s just something to consider.

Preferably not, that would be too ‘gamey’. Diseases have an incubation time, you know, usually at least several days ;). The game doesn’t have to be perfectly realistic, but I’d say it’s better to avoid blatant unrealism when possible.

• Diseases? pff wtf people…

let’s see how the game goes first and then we talk about such stuff…

• i’m pretty sure 90% of this forums point was to come up with ideas for the game

• Oh yea, you’re right.

i hope you can be able to develop your tribe in this game and then make spaceships and fly to the moon.

• or you can be a dumb-ass, that works to i guess