CD key has been Revoked

• Hello,

I have a problem. My chivalry game was thrown out of my steam library a couple of days ago, so I contacted steam support asking why. They gave me this response:

"Hello Pieter,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Your CD Key for this game has been revoked at the request of the publisher.

You will need to contact the seller for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns."

I would like to know why my cd key has been revoked. I paid money for the game, so I would like a reason why it was revoked.

• Have you ever experimented with cheating/illegal program use in Chivalry?

• I have exactly the same issue, and got the exact same response from steam support. I have never cheated or used any illegal program in any way. Hell, I have only played 12 hours of the game in total. Hoping this issue can be sorted out soon, it’s bullshit not being able to play a game that I legally paid for.

• Contact whoever you bought the game from, sorry for the inconvenience!

• Hello,
    i would like to add my feedback.
    I got the same problem, and i contacted the site where i bought the Chivalry CD key.
    They didnt say why my cd key has been revoked, and they only proposed me to give me some points to spend on their site.
    So i have to spend money again to get my beloved medieval game, and points to spend on an untrusty website, for a game i don’t need.
    So, in short, don’t buy low price cd key on websites like “buycdkey”, even if they seems reliable, there is always a reason why its that cheap.

I still would like to know why Torn Banner asked Steam to revoke this key? Was it stolen? Is it because of my reseller which is known for? Should i be afraid for the other games i bought on this site?
    Sorry for my english

• Could i have an answer from Torn Banner if possible, because i don’t want to buy my game again on a unreliable website.
    The site where i bought my game is rated 97 on Web of Trust so i would know why my cd key has been revoked whereas it came from this site and what i can trust now in your resellers.

• @Rekuiem:

Could i have an answer from Torn Banner if possible, because i don’t want to buy my game again on a unreliable website.
    The site where i bought my game is rated 97 on Web of Trust so i would know why my cd key has been revoked whereas it came from this site and what i can trust now in your resellers.

Web of Trust? Are you stupid?

If you buy stolen game keys what the fuck do you expect?

Buy it from a reputable USA retailer like Steam not some Chinese discount website.

You get what you pay for and you paid to be conned.

• Maybe you didnt read correctly, or maybe i didn’t explain myself well (english is not my first language).

I bought my game on a famous website, i don’t know if i can quote it. I had absolutely no reason to expect a problem. Since i didnt got any explanation about why my cd key has been revoked, both from Torn Banner, from Steam or from the reseller, i wonder for which reason my key is invalid.

I bought it in november, i played completly legit the past 4 months, i didnt even played for the two last weeks, and last week when i wanted to cut some heads, my game was not in my library anymore.
    So, no, i didnt buy a stolen cd key, as far as i know.

• Developer

This was actually done at the request of the Humblebundle.com guys who run our widget on our site. It seems that some companies or persons were cheating the system with fraudulent purchases and defaulting on them only to later resell them from other outlets. We have agreed with Humble Bundle’s request to shut the keys off in order to curb efforts by these companies to continue this practice of stealing keys along with increased security measures on the widgets.

This is also why the buy from us page was down for so long. You will need to take up issues with the site you purchased from, which sold you stolen keys.

• Thanks you very much for your help and information, at least i know the situation.

It will not solve my problem with the reseller, since they cannot replace my game and don’t want to refund me, but i at least have some legal informations to deal with them and fraud autorities.

I’m sorry i bought a stolen cd key of your game, i was not aware and thrusted the site.

• @Tibberius:

This was actually done at the request of the Humblebundle.com guys who run our widget on our site. It seems that some companies or persons were cheating the system with fraudulent purchases and defaulting on them only to later resell them from other outlets. We have agreed with Humble Bundle’s request to shut the keys off in order to curb efforts by these companies to continue this practice of stealing keys along with increased security measures on the widgets.

This is also why the buy from us page was down for so long. You will need to take up issues with the site you purchased from, which sold you stolen keys.

Would it be worth putting up an announcement about this Tibbs? There’s going to be a LOT of confused people who, with that message will thing it’s all Torn Banner’s fault.

I hope you’ve also managed to get a list of those dodgy sellers, not sure what action could be taken on them though. What basts using the humble bundle in that way!

• Hello i’ve got the same problem, i’ve bought two cd key from steam one for a friend and the other one for me so i paid 14.99 for me and 14.99 for my friend.
    Last week i can’t play, the game has gone of my steam account but my friend still have the game i don’t understand.
    The steam support said that my cd key has revoked by the editor, what can i do? i still have the paypal payement information that proof i have buy the game.
    sorry for my english i’m french

• @yakko:

Hello i’ve got the same problem, i’ve bought two cd key from steam one for a friend and the other one for me so i paid 14.99 for me and 14.99 for my friend.
    Last week i can’t play, the game has gone of my steam account but my friend still have the game i don’t understand.
    The steam support said that my cd key has revoked by the editor, what can i do? i still have the paypal payement information that proof i have buy the game.
    sorry for my english i’m french

by Tibberius » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:22 pm