Field of View

• There is already a way to change it, via the console. However it does not save, each time the game is loaded, the FOV needs to be set. I feel putting the FOV option into the video options would be a good idea.

• Because FOV is not meant to be changeable from what i have heard in the final game, correct me if i am wrong, i think it is considered like cheating because bigger screen owner will have more awareness than the others and for a skill based game it’s regretful.

• Moved to beta forums. Please keep discussions and feedback regarding beta content here :)

I do believe the option to change your field of view will and should be locked because there will simply be no reason not to use the widest possible field of view. If you feel the default FoV should be increased, though, by all means suggest a figure and maybe it’ll change.

• If you really want to use it for “cheating” purposes, you know you can just press “P” for third-person, letting you see behind you a bit? Just kidding though, perhaps the FOV could be changed within a threshold, such as *0-100 degrees for something similar…

• The current FOV is pretty comfortable for me, could you tell us how much it is? Feels like 90 which use to be standard for PC games so that’s probably the way to go.

• A FOV slider is planned.

• Developer

Current default FOV is 95

• @Tibberius:

Current default FOV is 95

Really? It feels like alot less, maybe it’s because it’s melee. But in games like CoD FoV95 is perfectly fine.

For me at least I’d love to increase it even further, I feel quite uncomfortable with the current FoV, I’d enjoy something inbetween 110-120.

• @Maddo3:

There is already a way to change it, via the console. However it does not save, each time the game is loaded, the FOV needs to be set. I feel putting the FOV option into the video options would be a good idea.

How do you change it? What’s the command?

• Not sure but bring up the console with ~ and start typing fov, its probably something like set fov # . I guess I could google it (remember this is unreal which means most all the console commands should be pretty standard )

Ok I googled it fov

• I would like a FOV of 140 pretty please. This should help with multi monitor resolutions as I’m speculating in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=2166&p=16444#p16444

• Open the console with " ’ " then type “fov x” values go from 1-120.
    A little pointless atm as I discovered last night, doing this way, the fov resets every time you die.

• @Maddo3:

Open the console with " ’ " then type “fov x” values go from 1-120.
    A little pointless atm as I discovered last night, doing this way, the fov resets every time you die.

Nope, FOV values go from 40-100.
    If you type 120 it just goes to 100. (i.e. to check, first type ‘fov 100’ and then type ‘fov 120’ and it doesn’t change on the second command)
    But you’re right that it resets so yeah its pointless making any changes for now

• Hi, just wanted to bump this.

Normally I tend to play 3rd person in this kind of game. I do so in Warband or in Skyrim as well. I think 1st person in this game is awesome. Just from watching it feels like you’re actually on that battlefield.

But there needs to be more peripheral awareness so you can see what’s going on to the left and right. With a FOV as right now I don’t think I want to go into fights if I have the option to switch to 3rd person. A FOV slider would be nice.

• A FOV slider is planned.

• Anything beyond 110 is unnecessary and exploitative IMO. It forces me tot either fishbowl my monitor, or suffer a significant decrease in awareness compared to my opponent.

• @Strudel:

Anything beyond 110 is unnecessary and exploitative IMO. It forces me tot either fishbowl my monitor, or suffer a significant decrease in awareness compared to my opponent.

Fistbowl? My 15 inches screen can handle a 120 FOV…