Invisibility exploit (100% reproducable)

• I refuse to explain in this thread how it is done.

If you don’t already know about this, contact me and I will explain it.
    (I mean the people working at torn banner of course, I won’t explain it to anyone else)

It’s easy as hell to achieve and it could completely ruin public servers if it goes public, there are already quite a few people who knows about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPKu6e3_dLc
    here’s a vid when I demonstrate it on a private server together with dubjay ^^

my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hrx

• Me being leguralry wolking for the Tom Bamer deveroper teams, I swears. Yu can terr me safery. :queen:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPKu6e3_dLc

here’s a vid when I demonstrate it on a private server together with dubjay ^^

• PM me the details, please.

• @SlyGoat:

PM me the details, please.

Done

• Scary bug, but pretty tough to make it happen and looks easy enough to fix. Good report.

• @SlyGoat:

Scary bug, but pretty tough to make it happen and looks easy enough to fix. Good report.

Maybe great for a fantasy mod, the invisible assassin.

• Good report… its kinda old news so i tought the devs knew about this. It’s very hard to do on a full man 32 Slot server unless… you know :)

Tough you cant even sprint and most of your hits register delayed because you are invisible but your character stands somewher on the map :D

• @CRUSHED:

Good report… its kinda old news so i tought the devs knew about this. It’s very hard to do on a full man 32 Slot server unless… you know :)

Tough you cant even sprint and most of your hits register delayed because you are invisible but your character stands somewher on the map :D

Yeah, I managed on 24-slot without trouble, except on the battlegrounds map xD

• thanks for helping the community OP 8-)

• That part 30 seconds in where he’s hitting you from the other side of the map- I’m wondering now if this is the reason why on some rare occasions I’m sure I’ve taken weapon damage (non-projectile) from miles away. Maybe accidentally triggered it?

I remember there was even a bit in the recent dev duel tournament where someone decapitates the dead body of another player but he does it from a very long way away. Looked like the body must have been in a completely different place to what we saw. Wondering if that is related.

• @AngryDave:

That part 30 seconds in where he’s hitting you from the other side of the map- I’m wondering now if this is the reason why on some rare occasions I’m sure I’ve taken weapon damage (non-projectile) from miles away. Maybe accidentally triggered it?

I remember there was even a bit in the recent dev duel tournament where someone decapitates the dead body of another player but he does it from a very long way away. Looked like the body must have been in a completely different place to what we saw. Wondering if that is related.

Dead bodies appear different on everyones screen.

• I can’t watch the video at work, but is this why sometimes there’s a body in spawn that is just sliding forward with no animations and registers as a no-name player when killed? Someone running around in spirit form and leaving their body to glitch around?

• @Daiyuki:

I can’t watch the video at work, but is this why sometimes there’s a body in spawn that is just sliding forward with no animations and registers as a no-name player when killed? Someone running around in spirit form and leaving their body to glitch around?

Perhaps, but whenever things like this happen my first thought is always towards lag from either the client or the server. When in true “spiritform” as you called it xD you can’t be killed unless they find your actual model and kills it.

• @kywild:

@Daiyuki:

I can’t watch the video at work, but is this why sometimes there’s a body in spawn that is just sliding forward with no animations and registers as a no-name player when killed? Someone running around in spirit form and leaving their body to glitch around?

Perhaps, but whenever things like this happen my first thought is always towards lag from either the client or the server. When in true “spiritform” as you called it xD you can’t be killed unless they find your actual model and kills it.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about, just an empty shell that can be damaged that is stuck in perpetual forward motion with no walking/running animation and sometimes shoots off at 200 KM/s.

When I can catch and kill them, it registers as a blank space was killed by me even though everyone in the game has a proper name.