Torches usable in close combat

• I would find it great, if you can also hit with your torch (like with the javelins) This would expand the game for another unique feature.
    The torches should dish out very low damage and have a little chance to burn the enemy. Maybe, for balance, the torches should furthermore be not able to block. (Or break, when you try to block a weapon…)

• I second that… at least give it a parry. And give parry to a throwing axe. It is stupid when you can’t parry with throwing axe but can do so with a stupid butterknife.

• I konw it is not realistic, but it is necessary for balance, that you cant block with both weapons…
    For the throwing axe/knife, cause of you can use these weapons than as “meleeweapons” (parry then left klick and the chance to hit your enemy is higher than with a sword, because he cannot block it)

For the torches: At teammissions it would be to easy to go with them…
    I said it before, maybe only one block with the torch, than the wood crackes and you have to take your own weapon again

• @Wasabi:

For the throwing axe/knife, cause of you can use these weapons than as “meleeweapons” (parry then left klick and the chance to hit your enemy is higher than with a sword, because he cannot block it)

Fair point. Hm… what about changing the mechanic to something more similar to the spear, i.e. making it a real melee weapon, although a very weak one, allow parry, but with each attack and parry (regardless of success) set a timer to… I don’t know… 2 seconds during which the weapon cannot be thrown.

• Can’t you set people alight with torches?

• Ya, by throwing sometimes, but I want to beat someone with the torch in melee :) (like the javelin, wich is also able to hit and to throw)

• @Wasabi:

Ya, by throwing sometimes, but I want to beat someone with the torch in melee :) (like the javelin, wich is also able to hit and to throw)

I thought so. Someone threw a torch at me yesterday and I burned. :( I don’t really like the idea of a torch being a melee weapon though.

• if they were to make it a melee weapon, it would do low impact damage, but have a chance to catch them on fire, and i think that it would balance it by only having a single block on it.

• If a sharpened spoon can block a Maul, then a piece of driftwood on fire should be able to block a Maul launched from a Maul Launcher.

• flaming cudgels.

• Can be horribly abused. Would get multiple burning damage. And would also die very very quickly.