The only thing i hate about this game.

• With about 400+ hours spent on this game i came to accept and enjoy almost all aspect of the game except one thing: animation discrepancy between attacker’s screen and defender’s screen.

You guys already know about the desync issue; how attacker’s animation lags behind on the defender’s point-of-view. This allows players to run around a defender and attack at the side. However that is not why i hate the desync.

Countless times, i wait until the last second of a weapon windup to react to feints. I have a 120hz monitor so reacting to feints is pretty easy. However i often get hit because the enemy’s swing actually is faster than how it looks on my screen. So even if i block at 0.39 sec of a 0.4 sec windup, the weapon is already deep into the release. It’s not possible to parry at the last possible second of a windup. On my 120 hz monitor i often see my character getting hit before the weapon actually reaches. In singleplayer with bots, there is no issue.

I think weapon hit tracer should be changed so that it lags behind the animation to compensate for lag.

• @boomandvibe:

However i often get hit because the enemy’s swing actually is faster than how it looks on my screen. So even if i block at 0.39 sec of a 0.4 sec windup, the weapon is already deep into the release

I too try to parry late to tell apart a feint from an attack and often times the attack has already hit me as he JUST started to swing it (on my screen ofcourse)

I think the problem with the “fix” or games put in these scenarios commonly (leading your shots in COD or GUNZ) is that each players ping is different and it is a variable number. I think while yes you could theoretically put the tracer behind the actual weapon to compensate players and servers with good pings and good connections will feel slighted where bad pings and servers would feel more fair.

The problem isnt just in this game but much more in that we are playing with people across the country or whatever, some on old modems some on new ones some on routers wirelessly others on cat 6, and all of these differences make it really hard to get away from the problems of lag.

It sucks but its just how shit goes man

• Feints should just be removed, then this wouldn’t be much of a problem.

• @Shasow:

Feints should just be removed, then this wouldn’t be much of a problem.

Not removed, but re-done. ;)

• I too always try to parry at the last possible second and today i got parry-stabbed waaaay to early before the animation. It sucks balls!! Also, I´m not a fan of looking-down-overheading anymore. When performed correctly the overhead comes blazingly fast and you have no time to react…

• @Shasow:

Feints should just be removed, then this wouldn’t be much of a problem.

Yay, then we just have people ping pong’ing one another forever until one person makes a mistake, which is a long time for most who know what they’re doing…. waiting for Duels to finish would be so much fun. :?

I’ve only had a lag issue with hits a very small handful of times… mostly because I stick to servers with a ping of 60 or less and those who are excessive in ping are generally kicked.

If not, then I leave for another server or I learn to compensate.

• Is this another feint thread?.. *mergefingertwitch… :P

• @BobT36:

Is this another feint thread?.. *mergefingertwitch… :P

Did you read?

• It really isnt a feint rant like at all

• @Pitchfork:

It really isnt a feint rant like at all

Here im talking about desync issue and a mod thinks its a feint rant. I guess i could be talking about anything and it’s straight up related to feint.

• @boomandvibe:

@Pitchfork:

Here im talking about desync issue and a mod thinks its a feint rant. I guess i could be talking about anything and it’s straight up related to feint.

You talk about waiting to react to see if its a feint in the OP. Other users post about feint. Mod sees this and makes a joke about it being another feint thread, but does nothing because it is not (yet).

@boomandvibe:

I guess i could be talking about anything and it’s straight up related to feint.

This thread is related to feints because you talk about it in the OP, even if it is a minor part.

• @Anonymoose:

@boomandvibe:

@Pitchfork:

You talk about waiting to react to see if its a feint in the OP. Other users post about feint. Mod sees this and makes a joke about it being another feint thread, but does nothing because it is not (yet).

@boomandvibe:

I guess i could be talking about anything and it’s straight up related to feint.

This thread is related to feints because you talk about it in the OP, even if it is a minor part.

There are often those like you who miss the point and focus on some insignificant detail.

• @boomandvibe:

There are often those like you who miss the point and focus on some insignificant detail.

There are those like you that spam the forums with countless threads full of complaints with no evidence or backing and often full of grammatical and spelling errors that seem as though a child wrote them.

• @Anonymoose:

@boomandvibe:

There are those like you that spam the forums with countless threads full of complaints with no evidence or backing and often full of grammatical and spelling errors that seem as though a child wrote them.

Says the one who is spamming insults in every single thread. I dont have solid evidence on desync issue which is why this thread is made in General Discussion section and not Bug section. What makes new threads bad is people like you who derail from the topic at hand and start writing personal attacks. People like you make a gaming community an embarrassment. Dont post if you’ve got nothing to contribute.

• @boomandvibe:

@Anonymoose:

@boomandvibe:

Says the one who is spamming insults in every single thread. I dont have solid evidence on desync issue which is why this thread is made in General Discussion section and not Bug section. What makes new threads bad is people like you who derail from the topic at hand and start writing personal attacks. People like you make a gaming community an embarrassment. Dont post if you’ve got nothing to contribute.

Insults in every thread lol. Please go through my post history and show me the insult in each post then. Some people get on my nerves and you happen to be one of them, but I can assure you my posts are rarely insults. Correcting someone who has posted misinformation is not an insult.

• I understand how it is difficult for you to stay relevant. But I will say that you are still missing the point like you have been since your first post. Dont post in a thread if you dont have anything to contribute other than throwing out insults. Go outside more; you are too easily annoyed by serious internet business.

• I dont think moose made it to be an attack and i do think it is off topic, i do not know, i realize that boom is talking about a pretty glaring issue especially on larger player count maps. I have watched players better then myself lose to total lmb spamming noobs based on the map being so laggy.

(please dont tell me to “l2play or learn to fight spammers” its pretty hard to fight something a whole second ahead of you)

But with that being said what would be a remedy to this? I mean as it stands this is a KICKASS indie game and they aren’t dice(fags) or blizzard(LUL) so they are i think almost laying on their hands as much as we are as the players.

• @boomandvibe:

I understand how it is difficult for you to stay relevant. But I will say that you are still missing the point like you have been since your first post. Dont post in a thread if you dont have anything to contribute other than throwing out insults. Go outside more; you are too easily annoyed by serious internet business.

I can assure you my jimmies are quite unrustled, as I find this all quite amusing.

@Pitchfork:

I dont think moose made it to be an attack and i do think it is off topic

Yep, never meant it to be an insult, but it turned into one lol. My apologies for being off topic, I did not intend for it, I was merely pointing out that the OP did have a very slight relation to feints (Being that you wait to see if it is a feint to parry an incoming blow, as most do) and that the mod had seen that and made a small joke (as I read it).

• @Anonymoose:

Yep, never meant it to be an insult, but it turned into one lol. My apologies for being off topic, I did not intend for it.

Apology accepted. Just dont let it happen again.

• @boomandvibe:

Apology accepted.

@Anonymoose:

Yep, never meant it to be an insult, but it turned into one lol. My apologies for being off topic, I did not intend for it, I was merely pointing out that the OP did have a very slight relation to feints (Being that you wait to see if it is a feint to parry an incoming blow, as most do) and that the mod had seen that and made a small joke (as I read it).

I am the silver tongued orator known as….Pitchfork…Mob……

But in all seriousness this happens alot on the internet, its really easy for communication lines to get tangled and misinterpreted. Most of the people on here mean well and aren’t out to be asses, but people like to be heard and sometimes they get heard in the wrong way.