Feint Block macro

• Does anyone know how to make a macro that when I click RMB it feints my swing and blocks but also keeps holding my shield up when i’m using a shield?

I was hoping it could be done with autohotkey or something but I can’t figure out how myself.

I made a macro in razer synapse but it doesn’t keep the shield up when I hold the RMB, so when i’m using this macro I never use the shield.

Any ideas?

• No need for macro. Go to documents/chivalry/config and open UdkGame.ini (or udkinput)

Go down to where your custom keybindings are.

Find RightMouseButton. It should say something like "GBA_parry | GBA_shield | GBA_meleefeint | etc… Order doesnt matter at this point.

Delete GBA_Meleefeint. And type ‘GBA_Feint’ in front of ‘GBA_parry.’ Order doesnt matter as long as you have feint in front of parry. Make sure you have the divider ‘|’ between two commands.

Now in game, your RMB should feint and block immediately. Shield works too. You just cannot use RMB for feints anymore. Use Q and E for feinting instead and use G for ‘Use’

• You just cannot use RMB for feints anymore

What happens if you stick GBA_Meleefeint at the very end of that list, will it still refuse to feint normally?

• @Martin:

You just cannot use RMB for feints anymore

What happens if you stick GBA_Meleefeint at the very end of that list, will it still refuse to feint normally?

Im not sure because ive never tried it but i dont see how that would work. I mean you already feint out and parry, so there wouldnt be any swings to feint out of.

• I just realised I read it entirely wrong and somehow came to the conclusion feint stopped working entirely for you, so ignore what I said previously, having one of those moments.

• @boomandvibe:

No need for macro. Go to documents/chivalry/config and open UdkGame.ini (or udkinput)

Find RightMouseButton. It should say something like "GBA_parry | GBA_shield | GBA_meleefeint | etc… Order doesnt matter at this point.

Delete GBA_Meleefeint. And type ‘GBA_Feint’ in front of ‘GBA_parry.’ Order doesnt matter as long as you have feint in front of parry. Make sure you have the divider ‘|’ between two commands.

Now in game, your RMB should feint and block immediately. Shield works too. You just cannot use RMB for feints anymore. Use Q and E for feinting instead and use G for ‘Use’

Will you marry me? Seriously, thank you. This will be so glorious with shields.

Note to others: I had to hard reset my config before making the changes to get this to work. Resetting the keybinds from the ingame menu was not enough, so I deleted my entire Config folder.

It also seems like the best place to make that edit is UDKInput.ini instead of UDKGame.ini, but I haven’t tested that extensively. I was wrong. Making the change in UDKInput.ini only on a clean config doesn’t work. Changing it in both files does. I have not tested only making the change in UDKGame.ini. Wrong again. While making the change in both files does work in a sense, it messes up other parts of your config. Only make the change in UDKGame.ini and you’re all set.

Another important tip:
    @boomandvibe:

Use GBA_MeleeFeint instead of GBA_Feint, it works just as well. With GBA_Feint you can’t zoom in with RMB as an archer anymore.

• @boomandvibe:

No need for macro. Go to documents/chivalry/config and open UdkGame.ini (or udkinput)

Omg GENIOUS. thank you

• Updated my post above with some important info on the ideal way of getting this to work.

• The lengths people will go to just to turn a double RMB click into a single. :?

• @AngryDave:

The lengths people will go to just to turn a double RMB click into a single. :?

I look at it as turning tens of thousands of future double clicks into single clicks.

It also makes a bigger difference with shields. Having to hit RMB once, then pressing it again and holding it is somewhat clunky in the heat of battle. Also consider that reducing it to a single click effectively halves the human motor delay involved.

• @AngryDave:

Many high level players have been doing this since release.

• @boomandvibe:

@AngryDave:

They should just change the game to work like that then rather than have players modify game files or use macros. Otherwise you have some players playing as the game is designed and others playing with shortcuts that bypass design limitations which to me is in unfair advantage territory.

• @AngryDave:

@boomandvibe:

@AngryDave:

They should just change the game to work like that then rather than have players modify game files or use macros. Otherwise you have some players playing as the game is designed and others playing with shortcuts that bypass design limitations which to me is in unfair advantage territory.

I have shared this trick countless times on different posts and threads since the release. If anyone hasnt used it already, it’s their loss.

If you are talking about how the game is designed then the double stab combo was working as intended until devs pointed it out and fixed it. I will assume the game is being played as designed until the devs change it. It’s a simple keybind change and not a macro.

• @AngryDave:

Just an hour ago you said there was nothing more to it than turning a double click into a single click. Now it’s an unfair advantage.

It’s a matter of preference. If the devs changed it, it would be to the detriment of people who like to use RMB for feinting without being forced to parry after every feint.

• I meant that it is in unfair advantage territory when modifying game files and using macros in general.

I dunno I just feel that everything you can do to modify a game should be done from in-game. Or at least have the information available from in-game. Not everyone that plays looks at the forums or happens to have knowledge of how config files work.

In this particular instance an additional keybind in the options menu for “feint-block” (or whatever you want to call it) is all that is needed.

• Customizing/remapping game controls to your liking by modifying config files or remapping keys in your operating system (e.g. with autohotkey) has been a tradition in gaming for more than a decade.

I agree that this particular behaviour should be readily available as an option in the ingame config menus for anyone who doesn’t use RMB for regular feinting.

• I also added GBA_Feint to switchweapon 1-4. No more attack queueing fucking my weapon switch up :D

• Feinting is already broken. Do you really need to exploit it more?

• @restinpieces:

I also added GBA_Feint to switchweapon 1-4. No more attack queueing fucking my weapon switch up :D

Good idea.

@Shasow:

Feinting is already broken. Do you really need to exploit it more?

Feinting is fine. In addition, this config change doesn’t enable you to do anything you couldn’t do without it.

• @Mantrum:

@Shasow:

Feinting is already broken. Do you really need to exploit it more?

Feinting is fine. In addition, this config change doesn’t enable you to do anything you couldn’t do without it.

Feinting isn’t fine. And you’re right, this config doesn’t enable you to do anything you couldn’t do without it. It just makes it easier to do those things. I honestly didn’t think it could get easier than simply feinting….