Fix the TOGGLEABLE SPRINT option. Please. My pinky hurt.

• This is something that wouldn’t even require 5 min coding. Just fix the Damn Toggleable sprint. Why don’t you do it Thorn Banner, WHY?

Right now, you press shift once to start running, but each time you encounter an obstacle, you stop sprinting. Why? You have to remember to reactivate, and extend your small finger, approximately every 10 seconds or so. Even worst if you fight in enclosed space.
    Why can’t you just make a full toggleable sprint, where you never stop sprinting, even when an obstacle cross your path and stop your movement for a fraction of a second.

Because of this, I never use this option, and must constantly maintain a pressure on the shift key, since ,unless you are a man at arm, you sprint more in this game than in most FPS (no stamina bar).

It’s simple, It’s a quick fix, it will only do good. Please do it TB. DO IT!

PS : By the way, can somebody explain me why the man at arm can’t dodge while sprinting? That makes the dodge move almost useless, since you have to lift the finger from the shift for a second, quickly tap ‘‘c’’ to dodge (or Double tap), and then press shift again. That may not sound like it, but in the end, you would have taken almost the same time (and sometime less if you fuck up the synchro) by simply sprinting to the direction (since it’s all about small distance and fractions of second).

• I have sprint toggle off but I’ve bound the sprint hotkey to W, so I’m constantly sprinting whenever I move forward. I’m also utilizing an Autohotkey script which releases the sprint if I press shift, so that the function is practically reversed to “walk” key. Also, it checks to see if I immediately release the shift key after pressing it, and if so, it performs a dodge with the MAA. Works quite well, but causes a little delay before dodging. I still prefer it this way though because there are less hotkeys I need to learn.

• @Reubot:

I have sprint toggle off but I’ve bound the sprint hotkey to W, so I’m constantly sprinting whenever I move forward. I’m also utilizing an Autohotkey script which releases the sprint if I press shift, so that the function is practically reversed to “walk” key. Also, it checks to see if I immediately release the shift key after pressing it, and if so, it performs a dodge with the MAA. Works quite well, but causes a little delay before dodging. I still prefer it this way though because there are less hotkeys I need to learn.

that’s smart! I will do the same.

But it’s a shame we have to use third party software and small tricks like that to have a smooth experience for out fingers.

• @Reubot:

I have sprint toggle off but I’ve bound the sprint hotkey to W, so I’m constantly sprinting whenever I move forward. I’m also utilizing an Autohotkey script which releases the sprint if I press shift, so that the function is practically reversed to “walk” key. Also, it checks to see if I immediately release the shift key after pressing it, and if so, it performs a dodge with the MAA. Works quite well, but causes a little delay before dodging. I still prefer it this way though because there are less hotkeys I need to learn.

Wow that’s actually really clever…

• not to mention that you have to know exactly whether it is activated or not when using a ranged weapon. Even if you currently don’t sprint because you hit an obstacle and what OP mentioned, or you stopped moving all together, it can still be actually activated. As a result you can’t aim your ranged weapon because you’re apparently sprinting…

• @Reubot:

Can you post autohotkey script that makes you walk? I use the same thing; binding sprint to forward but i dont know how to walk.

• But what about ‘‘a’’ and ‘‘d’’. If you try to move on the right and left, without going forward, you won’t able able to sprint.
    A better toggleable sprint would just be more simple : press shift to always sprint, no matter if you encounter an obstacle or not. Press back shift to deactivate.

That hasn’t been fixed for month. Why are the devs so oblivious?

• @akarnir:

But what about ‘‘a’’ and ‘‘d’’. If you try to move on the right and left, without going forward, you won’t able able to sprint.
    A better toggleable sprint would just be more simple : press shift to always sprint, no matter if you encounter an obstacle or not. Press back shift to deactivate.

That hasn’t been fixed for month. Why are the devs so oblivious?

What do you mean? You can’t sprint just to the side anyway. If you’re sprinting diagonally, you’re holding W and thus the method works. Even if you used Shift like normal, not holding W would mean you’re not sprinting.

• oh well, I always assumed it was the case. Guess I was wrong :S

• Personally I never use toggle sprint. I just hold it down. That works. More control I feel.

• it’s more a matter of comfort than anything. But it’s a big matter after a few hours.
    And I also believe that by releasing the tension generated, you gain more dexterity in the other 3 ‘‘wasd’’ fingers.

• @Reubot:

I have sprint toggle off but I’ve bound the sprint hotkey to W, so I’m constantly sprinting whenever I move forward. I’m also utilizing an Autohotkey script which releases the sprint if I press shift, so that the function is practically reversed to “walk” key.

What exactly did you bind W to? For me, all of “GBA_Sprint | GBA_MoveForward”, “GBA_MoveForward | GBA_Sprint” and “GBA_Sprint | GBA_MoveForward | GBA_Sprint” seem a bit unreliable for me with sprint often only starting after a delay.

@boomandvibe:

Can you post autohotkey script that makes you walk? I use the same thing; binding sprint to forward but i dont know how to walk.

You can do this without AHK by inverting the GBA_Sprint command. I created a new command, GBA_Walk, for this which I then bound to LeftShift:

UDKGame.ini:

Bindings=(Name="W",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Sprint | GBA_MoveForward",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Movement",FriendlyName="MoveForward")
    [...]
    Bindings=(Name="LeftShift",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Walk",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag="KBFlag_Movement",FriendlyName="Walk")
    [...]
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_Sprint",SecondaryKey=,Command="SprintState true | Onrelease SprintState false | CameraSprint true | Onrelease CameraSprint false",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_Walk",SecondaryKey=,Command="SprintState false | Onrelease SprintState true | CameraSprint false | Onrelease CameraSprint true",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")

Please also check out my question above about the W bind.

• I changed my Sprint form LeftShift too LeftAlt, And Kick/Shield bash from F too LeftShift.
    So now my LeftShift key is my kick and my LeftAlt is my Sprint.

Easyer on the left hand it is.