I Feel This Forum is a Bad Representation

• Of the actual player’s likes/dislikes of this game sometimes.

The complaints tend to be directed towards, in my opinion, on major issues such as feints when the effort could be directed towards environmental collisions, the fail MAA dodges, and other grand scheme of things.

Not saying coming to the forums with concerns is bad but it seems like most complaints come from what people do not understand fully or having trouble/unwillingness to learn. When I found great players to play with I got my butt handed to me on a silver platter with their skill and cunning use of feints I’ve never seen. Instead of yelling OP, I kept at it and kept playing…learning how to deal with heavy feinters, weapon draggers/manipulators. I love how this game is easy to pick up and hard to master.

A side effect of me dying relentlessly, seeing what happened, and being on the low end of the scoreboard by constantly playing with skilled players is, and have, turned me into one myself (I still got ton of improvement room do not misunderstand lol).

It just seems that if everyone on the forums got their way…we’d all be left clicking with no parries or any type of weapon manipulation. Guess this is more towards TB being that if you try to please everyone the game will be too casual and turn off anyone seeking a skilled and competitive atmosphere. I almost want to say the players that love this game as is…that just want polish…are the least active on the TB Forums and playing this great game provided for us.

• You can’t group all complaints together. Sometimes the complainer might be a scrub and sometimes they are worried for the depth and fun of the game.

My personal take on feints: in the beginning I thought they were a good part of the game and had fun with the guessing game and even felt a certain pride in using them a lot. Now after getting a better understanding of the game I can’t see any way to defend against them except holding a shield or keeping a long distance.

What’s the truth? I don’t know but I look forward to experimental proof, especially if someone can come up with a way of defending against feints that doesn’t rely on chance/mindreading/shields. If this game turns out to actually be team-rock-paper-scissors I don’t see a future for it.

• @Helgeran:

You can’t group all complaints together. Sometimes the complainer might be a scrub and sometimes they are worried for the depth and fun of the game.

My personal take on feints: in the beginning I thought they were a good part of the game and had fun with the guessing game and even felt a certain pride in using them a lot. Now after getting a better understanding of the game I can’t see any way to defend against them except holding a shield or keeping a long distance.

What’s the truth? I don’t know but I look forward to experimental proof, especially if someone can come up with a way of defending against feints that doesn’t rely on chance/mindreading/shields. If this game turns out to actually be team-rock-paper-scissors I don’t see a future for it.

I was trying to show that in my post but…yes I agree with the fact you can’t lump all complaints together. As for feints… I find if you get too defensive feints will always get the best of you…it allows the enemy to dictate the fight. They cant feint if you are more offensive when needed be.

• @Killorder:

I was trying to show that in my post but…yes I agree with the fact you can’t lump all complaints together. As for feints… I find if you get too defensive feints will always get the best of you…it allows the enemy to dictate the fight. They cant feint if you are more offensive when needed be.

Sorry for derailing this but how would you solve this situation?:

Enemy parries you and follows up with an attack. You parry but he cancels and winds up a new attack. Now you’re on the defensive unless your weapon is faster. This is especially telling when you face the warhammer because you can’t hit trade and win.

• Environment Collision issues here please:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=10590

I can only fix what I find, and what is reported.

• Gameplay issues are easy for people to comment on, and weighted feedback is always useful for things like that. Everyone is aware that there are certain areas of maps that have iffy collision which can be annoying, there is nothing to discuss there, and you can’t expect your average player to run around a map all day looking for all of the stuckspots (I’ve spent hours doing this, it’s pretty maddening ;) ). Luckily this is one area which will be improved significantly in the next patch.

We’re also going to be able to do more persistent beta balance testing in the very near future, so we’ll be able to hit an acceptable middleground on hotly debated issues like feints as well, and just generally improve the overall level of balance much better before dropping the changes on live.

Fail dodges are another thing I’ve been investigating recently, but it’s a tough nut to crack. Will try to get some fixes on that, if not in the next patch then in the one after - more frequent bug fix and QOL change patches are another thing we’ll be doing moving forward, now that we’re more able to hit the right balance of working on future content while doing routine maintenance.