360noscope2hswingwhilesprintingbs

• Anyone else thinks that such BS should not be in the game? The fact that you can run around swinging your sword like a headless chicken, spin in 360 degrees and not receive any penalty when it comes to speed? Now before someone will go “don’t qq, it’s a skill thing”, the game is supposed to be a “Medieval combat simulator” and not a cartoony game therefore physics should be considered when it comes to such nonsense.

• @K7:

Anyone else thinks that such BS should not be in the game? The fact that you can run around swinging your sword like a headless chicken, spin in 360 degrees and not receive any penalty when it comes to speed? Now before someone will go “don’t qq, it’s a skill thing”, the game is supposed to be a “Medieval combat simulator” and not a cartoony game therefore physics should be considered when it comes to such nonsense.

First of all, you cant spin 360 degrees while spinning because the spin is capped.

Second, if you turn too fast while sprinting, your sprint stops.

Third, the game is not designed to be a simulator.

Fourth, just because the graphic is less cartoony and more realistic doesnt mean the game has to be true to real life

Fifth, go make a new medieval game if you dont like it. Be thankful that you get a fun game for 20 dollars in our troubled time of shitty 60 dollar AAA games.

• @boomandvibe:

@K7:

Anyone else thinks that such BS should not be in the game? The fact that you can run around swinging your sword like a headless chicken, spin in 360 degrees and not receive any penalty when it comes to speed? Now before someone will go “don’t qq, it’s a skill thing”, the game is supposed to be a “Medieval combat simulator” and not a cartoony game therefore physics should be considered when it comes to such nonsense.

First of all, you cant spin 360 degrees while spinning because the spin is capped.

Fourth, just because the graphic is less cartoony and more realistic doesnt mean the game has to be true to real life

Fifth, go make a new medieval game if you dont like it. Be thankful that you get a fun game for 20 dollars in our troubled time of shitty 60 dollar AAA games.

First of all, you can… Clearly you have not tried to adjust your sensitivity or you’re playing on 400 dpi mouse. Deathadder @ 3500 dpi + max SYSTEM sensitivity allows you to easily spin 360 degrees without being too spazzy while controlling my character or having adjust in game sensitivity.

Secondly I am aware that if you will make too sharp turns your character will stop, but this is completely negated WHEN the sword is being swung. ALLOWING you to turn 180 degrees and run backwards without receiving any penalties. Allowing any skilless person abuse long range slash weapons such as Zweihander to run around like helicopters damaging anything in their path while people behind them would not be able to catch them up due to sprint acceleration or being stopped due to blocking.

As to third obviously it is not designed to be a ‘simulator’ but your argument there is as invalid as saying “I got hit from 50 meters away with a dagger slash, but it is okay because it is not a simulator”.

And finally to fifth: “You have bought a cheaper car, enjoy it, if you don’t want to, go make your own and forget about your investment.”

Don’t get me wrong I’m not dissing the game simply trying to discuss something that gives ridiculously unfair advantages to any person who abuses it. Not to mention the combination of that and servers that allow 3rd person…

• @boomandvibe:

@K7:

Even with the turning/aiming speed cap (which occurs during weapon release) you can still do full 360 attacks if you slash in the angular direction of your spin and you can do this while sprinting as the capped turn speed isn’t sufficient to stop you from sprinting.

You can test this by using the tracer command “aoc_drawtracer 1” to highlight the swing during weapon release.
    You can do 360 slash attacks with any weapon. The only exception is the hunting knife’s small 0.25 slash release time which barely completes a full rotation.

Also in case anyone was curious, no you cannot hit the same opponent twice with one swing.

• gosh ppl will whine about anything now days geez.and if u see sum1 swinging wildly dont run into their attacks or near them very simple!!! u guys r ruining this game with all ur complaints, this game is gna b so nerfed soon it wnt even be any fun, god forbid u got pwned right by a newb swinging wildly, lord help us.

• @WARSAW:

gosh ppl will whine about anything now days geez.and if u see sum1 swinging wildly dont run into their attacks or near them very simple!!! u guys r ruining this game with all ur complaints, this game is gna b so nerfed soon it wnt even be any fun, god forbid u got pwned right by a newb swinging wildly, lord help us.

This thread has nothing to do with wild random swings… If you had read any of the responses you would be able to figure that out. If you have read them and are unable to figure it out then…

• When i see someone trying to pull a ridiculous brainless tactic, such as spinning around swinging his sword as you mentioned, i just wait until his stamina wear out and then i slice his head off.

• @Sir:

Also in case anyone was curious, no you cannot hit the same opponent twice with one swing.

…and there goes my evil plan of global pwnage. Damn!

• @Prepucius:

@Sir:

…and there goes my evil plan of global pwnage. Damn!

You can swing over their head on the first pass and hit them with the second. It looks like it’s going to be an acceled slash (so they parry early), but it actually ends up being a drag and they eat the hit late after their parry has ended. I don’t think it’s reliable enough to actually use seriously, but it is absolutely hilarious to see, do, and experience.

• Holy shit that’s what amenhatop was doing in duels to me!! I hadn’t seen that befre

• @danezcou3:

When i see someone trying to pull a ridiculous brainless tactic, such as spinning around swinging his sword as you mentioned, i just wait until his stamina wear out and then i slice his head off.

Once again… It is not about them running and spinning like helicopters its about the fact that you CANNOT keep up with them because every time they hit you, whether they would have stamina or not your sprinting would be interrupted while they would be able to stay out of your range all the time. This allows person X to stay ahead of your reach all the time and as soon as they would hear your attack which couldn’t reach, turn around, do a helicopter and connect a hit…

In other words: Because of how sprinting works, they are able to CONSTANTLY sprint, swing, not receive any penalties and you would be UNABLE to keep up with them due your sprinting getting constantly interrupted.

• dnt chase them then, simple! quite trying to nerf sumthing thats already nerfed enough, ppl already got the archers being able to sprint for a split second while drawing a bow which was ridicolous since it takes dam near 10 secs to get that arrow off, and now this?
    like danezcou3 said dont fall into their trap and play with sum sense.

• @WARSAW:

dnt chase them then, simple! quite trying to nerf sumthing thats already nerfed enough, ppl already got the archers being able to sprint for a split second while drawing a bow which was ridicolous since it takes dam near 10 secs to get that arrow off, and now this?

It NEEDS NERF because it is an UNFAIR advantage. Let me explain the scenario so even people like you could understand…

You are a class that uses a short reach melee weapon, or shorter in comparison to e.g. zweihander or longsword. A random vanguard approaches you, sprinting and wildly swinging at you from the distance that the hit would connect, naturally you would BLOCK the hit, or be a dumbass and try to swing your own one which would get interrupted but that’s not the point. By the time that you would be able to EVEN do a combo swing, the person would be out of your reach.

At this point you have 2 choices, either swing and then allow the person to hit you due to recovery time, or try to chase him just to have him turn around and do the same thing again, interrupting your sprint and going back to the first scenario.

People who have experience in this “360noscope2hswingwhilesprintingbs” are unkillable while doing that because there is virtually nothing you can do to catch up with them. To everyone who is stupid enough to even dare to say “Well don’t fight them then”, what should a person in that scenario do? Slowly walk backwards and continue blocking every hit hoping that the person would get scared being zerged and run away?

Honestly lately I feel like there is no point to even attempt to “Explain” something to people because they either have no understanding of whats going on around them or they are too ignorant to read and just respond with loads of bs…

P.S. It would be ignorant of me to think that everyone has encountered players who play in this manner or have situational awareness to figure out whats going on, but I’ve personally seen couple of dozen scrubs playing this way and the number is increasing day by day.

• @K7:

@WARSAW:

dnt chase them then, simple! quite trying to nerf sumthing thats already nerfed enough, ppl already got the archers being able to sprint for a split second while drawing a bow which was ridicolous since it takes dam near 10 secs to get that arrow off, and now this?

It NEEDS NERF because it is an UNFAIR advantage. Let me explain the scenario so even people like you could understand…

You are a class that uses a short reach melee weapon, or shorter in comparison to e.g. zweihander or longsword. A random vanguard approaches you, sprinting and wildly swinging at you from the distance that the hit would connect, naturally you would BLOCK the hit, or be a dumbass and try to swing your own one which would get interrupted but that’s not the point. By the time that you would be able to EVEN do a combo swing, the person would be out of your reach.

At this point you have 2 choices, either swing and then allow the person to hit you due to recovery time, or try to chase him just to have him turn around and do the same thing again, interrupting your sprint and going back to the first scenario.

People who have experience in this “360noscope2hswingwhilesprintingbs” are unkillable while doing that because there is virtually nothing you can do to catch up with them. To everyone who is stupid enough to even dare to say “Well don’t fight them then”, what should a person in that scenario do? Slowly walk backwards and continue blocking every hit hoping that the person would get scared being zerged and run away?

Honestly lately I feel like there is no point to even attempt to “Explain” something to people because they either have no understanding of whats going on around them or they are too ignorant to read and just respond with loads of bs…

P.S. It would be ignorant of me to think that everyone has encountered players who play in this manner or have situational awareness to figure out whats going on, but I’ve personally seen couple of dozen scrubs playing this way and the number is increasing day by day.

You want to nerf the weakest class in the game? Most top tier vanguards(which aren’t many) rely on a lot of movement and getting suckers to follow them as they do their little dance of death. Leave the poor guys alone.

• @ChuckingIt:

You want to nerf the weakest class in the game? Most top tier vanguards(which aren’t many) rely on a lot of movement and getting suckers to follow them as they do their little dance of death. Leave the poor guys alone.

That is debatable, I still play VG frequently and I consider it to be the second strongest class in dueling mode and the strongest in other modes. And this 360 does not only apply to vanguards, its knights too.

• On the other hand… Started to take advantage of this mechanic, running around as archer in 3rd person and fisting everyone has never been so much fun, easy 1v1 kills…