Weight

• Im not sure I agree with two-handed weapons, even spears, having double the stamina drain as one-handed weapons. Mabye a fourth stat, Weight, should be added in order too determine stamina drain from swinging a weapon. A dagger for example, should have very little stamina drain compared to a Warhammer or a mace, right now though, they have the same stamina drain. As a result of this, people wouldn’t be able to spam slash attacks with heavy weapons like the maul. Time and time again, I have seen people destroy absolutely everything in their path with a grand mace, or a maul, or a halberd, because while those weapons have increased stamina drain, it still dosen’t really affect the “spam-left-click-until-everything-is-in-tiny-pieces” tactic in a signifigant way, the users just have to make sure they are in range first. Second, having the same stamina drain for the Spear, which is being used by a guy with moderate armor, as the Maul, which is being used by a heavily armored knight, (which can for some reason keep up with archers when running around) just dosen’t seem reasonable. Please upload a reply and tell me what you think of this idea.

• So… increase stamina drain for heavier weapons so that they don’t spam (not like they can very much currently) and decrease stamina for daggers so that they can spam even more? No thanks.

• I’m thinking that weight has already been addressed by the speed associated with the various weapons; adding a further variant would be “double accounting”.

• @Shasow:

So… increase stamina drain for heavier weapons so that they don’t spam (not like they can very much currently) and decrease stamina for daggers so that they can spam even more? No thanks.

Actually that would be somehow logical as with some heavier weapons you can 1-2 hit some classes and daggers take 6-7 hits…

• @Peacerer:

@Shasow:

So… increase stamina drain for heavier weapons so that they don’t spam (not like they can very much currently) and decrease stamina for daggers so that they can spam even more? No thanks.

Actually that would be somehow logical as with some heavier weapons you can 1-2 hit some classes and daggers take 6-7 hits…

You can’t block daggers once you’re hit (or at least it’s very hard to). Once you’re hit, you’re probably going to die. Plus feints. Feints don’t really work with slower weapons. You barley notice a feint with smaller and faster weapons such as the dagger. Using the feint will get past the initial block.

• I just thought it would be more reasonable then having all two-handed weapons having double the stamina drain, particularly spears, but I see your point with the dagger, though can you really see someone dueling with a dagger without attacking repeatedly? The dagger’s speed is, after all, its ONLY good point, that and it is constantly under estimated. It still pisses my off though when you see people spam that two-handed war hammer.