Next patch?

• When is the next patch coming?

• 2013 is all we know right now, courtesy of SlyGoat.

• Not a good response. Of course its in 2013 but they could at least narrow it down to the Quarter and preferably the month.

Better to set expectations and of course add to some padding some they can deliver on time.

The longer it is the more worried people get that they are going to miss some important community items contrary to what Kimi had said.

Since we have little idea as to what is going to be fixed its hard to know whether we should even report bugs at this point - since the bug list is no longer being kept up.

• @gregcau:

Not a good response. Of course its in 2013 but they could at least narrow it down to the Quarter and preferably the month.

Better to set expectations and of course add to some padding some they can deliver on time.

The longer it is the more worried people get that they are going to miss some important community items contrary to what Kimi had said.

Since we have little idea as to what is going to be fixed its hard to know whether we should even report bugs at this point - since the bug list is no longer being kept up.

I’ll get on the group about updating that public bug list. We do have a place where bugs are all tracked, and even assigned to people to work on. Keep posting those bugs! And as far as the ETA on the patch, I believe they aren’t giving one to ensure they don’t feel pressured to release it before it is done. I too am getting restless for the bug fixes to be released already. Hopefully they will give a statement soon.

• @gregcau:

Actually, it’s not. Setting a release date is good for hype (that’s why people actually bother to do it). But more often than not, it’s a pitfall developers fall into. A bad habit.

If you set expectations and achieve them, fine. Everything’s hunky-dorey. If you fail to meet them, however, you risk a massive fallout and damage to your reputation.

If you’ve ever played MOBAs, think League of Legend’s “Magma Chamber” - a hyped new map that never even got made because of problems in design. Heroes of Newerth had its custom maps that never got out. Some things just don’t get done.

By the same virtues, some things just don’t get done on time. CU1 was rushed for January 31st while it would have massively benefited from one more week of beta testing and development.

I would far rather developers take their time. I’m of the opinion it would do well for everyone involved if consumers learned just a little more patience. But then, I’m also a proponent of other silly ideas, like treating developers as human beings instead of immaculate celebrities who have no right to act like human beings. :P

• A Patch for what? This game has a million issues and cheats rampant everywhere. There first patch was a joke tied up with a lie about making it harder to speed cheat. It did zero for anyone speed cheating. It’s only a matter of time until this game has like 5 or 6 servers left. Great game idea, poorly executed and supported.

• @Martin:

2013 is all we know right now, courtesy of SlyGoat.

You mean I have to wait until Christmas to get Citadel fixed???

wtf

everyone, everyone bitches about that match, it empties servers.

so sick of running, killing someone, reach the top and finding the SAME PERSON I KILLED plus 3 buddies.

not to mention turning the fucking ballista which takes forever and gives a free kill to masons.

• @elitenoob:

@Martin:

2013 is all we know right now, courtesy of SlyGoat.

You mean I have to wait until Christmas to get Citadel fixed???

wtf

everyone, everyone bitches about that match, it empties servers.

so sick of running, killing someone, reach the top and finding the SAME PERSON I KILLED plus 3 buddies.

not to mention turning the fucking ballista which takes forever and gives a free kill to masons.

Lol, I highly doubt it would be anything more than another 1-4 weeks, at a guess. None of us know exactly when it’s due.

• Sooner than you think but later than you hope.

All I can really say is it won’t be as long a wait as CU1 was.

• @SlyGoat:

Sooner than you think but later than you hope.

We already at 1 month. So the clock is ticking Mr.Goat!

• @SlyGoat:

Lol that’s a very game-dev answer! :D

• Considering all the major issues with the game right now (unreliable parry, unreliable flinch, odd action queuing, unreliable sprint, obvious map balance issues), I sure hope the patch will be released sooner rather than later. It is almost a miracle that the game still manages to be so fun despite having so many issues with its core mechanics.

• @RicHSAD:

Considering all the major issues with the game right now (unreliable parry, unreliable flinch, odd action queuing, unreliable sprint, obvious map balance issues), I sure hope the patch will be released sooner rather than later. It is almost a miracle that the game still manages to be so fun despite having so many issues with its core mechanics.

You haven’t played it long enough to be annoyed by it. I no longer play the game, why I am even posting here is another question. I came here to see if there has been any change. As I suspected jack all changes. I left the game because I’m sick of the cheats and I’m sick of serious faults in this game. The game will slide into nothingness soon enough. The support for this game truly sucks. Worst I’ve seen next to EA support. Hey everyone, can you please wait months for another patch that will further decimate this game? Next patch we promise to block the prominent cheats. (well you can believe it if you want)

• @Flukester:

@RicHSAD:

Considering all the major issues with the game right now (unreliable parry, unreliable flinch, odd action queuing, unreliable sprint, obvious map balance issues), I sure hope the patch will be released sooner rather than later. It is almost a miracle that the game still manages to be so fun despite having so many issues with its core mechanics.

You haven’t played it long enough to be annoyed by it. I no longer play the game, why I am even posting here is another question. I came here to see if there has been any change. As I suspected jack all changes. I left the game because I’m sick of the cheats and I’m sick of serious faults in this game. The game will slide into nothingness soon enough. The support for this game truly sucks. Worst I’ve seen next to EA support. Hey everyone, can you please wait months for another patch that will further decimate this game? Next patch we promise to block the prominent cheats. (well you can believe it if you want)

Because comparing a small indie team with ONE Programmer (I believe they have JUST recruited two more, though I could be wrong), to a company like EA is fine…

• @BobT36:

@Flukester:

@RicHSAD:

Because comparing a small indie team with ONE Programmer (I believe they have JUST recruited two more, though I could be wrong), to a company like EA is fine…

LOL what? TBS compared to EA. That’s really cute.

• @ChuckingIt:

@SlyGoat:

We already at 1 month. So the clock is ticking Mr.Goat!

Last patch before CU1 was December 4th, 2012 if I’m not mistaken. So as Chuck said, we’re already at 1 month with one more to go :P

• The only thing I can tell you is that it is in 2013.

• @SlyGoat:

hummm, I don’t know what you mean…
    it means “soon™” ?

• @Fresh+Blood:

@SlyGoat:

hummm, I don’t know what you mean…
    it means “soon™” ?

Well let’s answer the question this way. Two new programmers just joined the team and they have to be brought up to speed before they will be doing a whole lot.

• Developer

We have opted to split the community issues patch into a few in hopes of getting them out sooner. Won’t give a date for sanity reasons but we hope to begin beta testing our new patch soon.

Focusing on core issues like:

• Server browser improvements
    • Parrying consistency/Face-hugging
    • Map Objectives balance

We know there are many other items that also need looked at, and we plan to look at those as well, but in the interest of getting them done sooner and out for you guys we decided to split it like this into smaller chunks. Also more news on our situation and what we’ve been up to will come in the soon to be released Dev Q &A.