Increased damage when…

• I suggest that the damage you deal when you jump down from a height and smash a guy with overhead will dramatically increase the dealt damage, because its so awesome and rewarding when you land such a hit. In reality you could split a person in half easily with this increased amount of acceleration and force.

• Very nice idea! I would love to see this in-game. It will be difficult to land, therefore making it not so OP. You will also have to time it correctly.

(I suggest moving this to Ideas and Suggestions.)

• This’d be fun, I can just imagine a guy in shaft jumping from the elevator to insta-kill his opponent on the way down, then dying when hitting bottom.

• @Hadron:

This’d be fun, I can just imagine a guy in shaft jumping from the elevator to insta-kill his opponent on the way down, then dying when hitting bottom.

That would also break your legs.

• IMO the whole jumping off stuff/gravity thing needs work viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11068#p99227

It would make sense that an attack from above carries extra weight but the risk bit of the risk and reward should be a landing stun.

• A “landing stun”??? what was I thinking, well that’s beer for ya. In the cold light of day, I do like the idea of gravity based damage.

• just from cliffs or from Jumping to?
    If both, theres going2 be alot of bunny hopping around.

• I´d like to take this idea to even another level. This would also work as a solution to incredibly fast OP overhead strikes when looking down (mousedragging):

Idea

_Any weapon deals certain % of the swing damage depending on the phase of the release.
    The start of the release - 40 %
    The middle of the release - 100%
    The end of the release - 60 %

The damage is simply based on the current speed of the weapon. At the start of the swing the weapon is slow therefore the kinetic energy is low, in the middle the weapon is at its fullest power and then it decelarates towards the end of the release._

Makes sense? This would not remove the accelerated OH strikes but only make it less viable.

• Well, there is already a problem with different elevation where the higher ground is highly disadvantaged due to its reach penalty (enemy can reach your legs easily, you can’t reach even his head quite often) and this would further deepen the difference. I’am all for this mechanic but it would really require some massive bonuses based on elevation difference.

• @funthomass:

I´d like to take this idea to even another level. This would also work as a solution to incredibly fast OP overhead strikes when looking down (mousedragging):

Idea

_Any weapon deals certain % of the swing damage depending on the phase of the release.
    The start of the release - 40 %
    The middle of the release - 100%
    The end of the release - 60 %

The damage is simply based on the current speed of the weapon. At the start of the swing the weapon is slow therefore the kinetic energy is low, in the middle the weapon is at its fullest power and then it decelarates towards the end of the release._

Makes sense? This would not remove the accelerated OH strikes but only make it less viable.

I thought of a similar concept, and it’s been a discussion on another thread, but here’s a graph for the visual types like me.

http://imgur.com/HlPlTXo

It would address the issues of windup damage, mouse dragging and single-swing multiple kills. It also includes an idea for feints, but would require tweaking.

• @osta2501:

I thought of a similar concept, and it’s been a discussion on another thread, but here’s a graph for the visual types like me.

http://imgur.com/HlPlTXo

It would address the issues of windup damage, mouse dragging and single-swing multiple kills. It also includes an idea for feints, but would require tweaking.

With a few tweaks, i would like this very much

• @funthomass:

…The damage is simply based on the current speed of the weapon…

Makes perfect sense to me.