Left handed option.

• Have an option so you can choose to hold a one handed weapon in the left hand or the right hand.

• What would be the advantages for players to decide whether left or right hand for the sword?

• Idk, but I’m sure by now people are used to other people spamming LMB and they’ll only go one direction, so people are just use to it. But if you’re left handed, you better get use to the fact they are going to now LMB spam the other direction instead…. XD

• @MetalDevil19:

Idk, but I’m sure by now people are used to other people spamming LMB and they’ll only go one direction, so people are just use to it. But if you’re left handed, you better get use to the fact they are going to now LMB spam the other direction instead…. XD

Isn’t that what the alt attacks are for…

• Yes, because of now this game is clearly one of many who are racist towards me and my left handed bretheren :lolz:

• @MetalDevil19:

Idk, but I’m sure by now people are used to other people spamming LMB and they’ll only go one direction, so people are just use to it. But if you’re left handed, you better get use to the fact they are going to now LMB spam the other direction instead…. XD

Actually, non-new players are spamming the alt attacks now, since they hit faster. I agree though, that you should be able to play a left-handed soldier whose primary attack (LMB) would be a left to right swing.

• Being left handed (using sword and shield in opposite hands) was historically a big disadvantage, as well as being highly uncommon.

• @DokB:

Being left handed (using sword and shield in opposite hands) was historically a big disadvantage, as well as being highly uncommon.

well that’s because being left handed was a sin

• @CommanderLuna:

@DokB:

Being left handed (using sword and shield in opposite hands) was historically a big disadvantage, as well as being highly uncommon.

well that’s because being left handed was a sin

That, but mostly because wearing a shield with your right arm would not protect your heart against fatal piercing attacks.

• @DokB:

Actually, it’s the complete opposite. A left handed person would train against a right handed person all his life. When a right handed soldier went to fight a left handed soldier, he would be having to do things the opposite way which he wouldn’t be accustomed to. Harold Godwinson’s Housecarl trained and fought left handed with their 2H axes because right handed people wore their shield on the left side, this was a major disadvantage to them because they then couldn’t use their shield properly.

• It’s kind of a ridiculous option. I don’t like it.

I can get behind someone wanting to be left handed because they’re left handed in real life. But most people will just abuse it to gain an advantage. It would be like if they had outfit customization and archers picked the least visible one. Leave that stuff out imo.

• @Martin:

@DokB:

Actually, it’s the complete opposite. A left handed person would train against a right handed person all his life. When a right handed soldier went to fight a left handed soldier, he would be having to do things the opposite way which he wouldn’t be accustomed to. Harold Godwinson’s Housecarl trained and fought left handed with their 2H axes because right handed people wore their shield on the left side, this was a major disadvantage to them because they then couldn’t use their shield properly.

Exactly, that’s why I think a Left Handed option would be a good idea.

*Thanks for all the support as well folks, keep it up!

• @c4ndlejack:

It’s kind of a ridiculous option. I don’t like it.

I can get behind someone wanting to be left handed because they’re left handed in real life. But most people will just abuse it to gain an advantage. It would be like if they had outfit customization and archers picked the least visible one. Leave that stuff out imo.

yeah… its to bad these things get abused